The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Demko is open to moving onto a competitor.

Rate this topic

canuckleheads fan

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-washington-capitals-vancouver-canucks-and-the-pittsburgh-penguins/2023/02/26/

A few weeks ago, I speculated that Demko could be trade bait as soon as he was healthy because age wise, he is beyond our window, and I got poo-pooed by somebody. Today I saw this rumor which does not surprise me. If he went to a competitor, he could have two Stanley Cup windows, here he would have one at best. I also wonder if he, too, is dubious about the new Canucks medical staff. Finally, he's had a significant injury,  which will always be a weakness in the future,  whether it was a hip or a groin. Trade him and move on. Now I understand why Silovs is getting such a long look; management wants to know if they can make Demko available. 

• RoughGame 1

17 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-washington-capitals-vancouver-canucks-and-the-pittsburgh-penguins/2023/02/26/

A few weeks ago, I speculated that Demko could be trade bait as soon as he was healthy because age wise, he is beyond our window, and I got poo-pooed by somebody. Today I saw this rumor which does not surprise me. If he went to a competitor, he could have two Stanley Cup windows, here he would have one at best. I also wonder if he, too, is dubious about the new Canucks medical staff. Finally, he's had a significant injury,  which will always be a weakness in the future,  whether it was a hip or a groin. Trade him and move on. Now I understand why Silovs is getting such a long look; management wants to know if they can make Demko available. 

One mistake JB did was letting Marky go(JB got OEL instead :shock:) when we had a goalie tandem that worked and could have worked many years forward.

The Flames overplayed Marky and now they have to pay the price. 
Demko was probably overplayed last season.

If we have Demko and Silovs sharing the games equally we can have them healthy instead of being forced to have a backup goalie not good enough.

26 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

One mistake JB did was letting Marky go(JB got OEL instead :shock:) when we had a goalie tandem that worked and could have worked many years forward.

The Flames overplayed Marky and now they have to pay the price. 
Demko was probably overplayed last season.

If we have Demko and Silovs sharing the games equally we can have them healthy instead of being forced to have a backup goalie not good enough.

You don't think Seattle wouldn't have just snagged the one that wasn't protected? It was obvious one of the two was gone after that season.

• Cheers 2

That source is pretty bad altering what was said trying to turn it from speculation into something else.

Here's the original tweet:

Here's what they changed it to:

Sounding like Thatcher Demko open to moving on from the Canucks

Andy Strickland: Sounds like Vancouver Canucks goaltender Thatcher Demko would be open to a change of scenery as opposed to going through a rebuild with the Canucks.

The title of this thread then takes it a step further.

• Thanks 1