The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday March 14 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

3 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Moral victories blah blah blah..Who doesn't like a number 9 pick!?!

If you are worried about our draft position, you have to blame ownership, you can’t blame the coaches or players - they are paid to win on the ice. Ownership is responsible for telling management what to do long term. Management is responsible for executing ownership’s desires. Who the heck would want players and coaches that didn’t play to win? Much as I’d love to have a proper rebuild, I can’t cheer against players and coaches doing everything they can to win. How do you think we could keep Pettersson and Hughes if we don’t make our best effort to win while they are here? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

If you are worried about our draft position, you have to blame ownership, you can’t blame the coaches or players - they are paid to win on the ice. Ownership is responsible for telling management what to do long term. 

Doesn't worry me.

Maybe we're drafting where there are RHDs and we can snag one.

I mean, unless Alvin comes running up to the stage with a big smile on his face because he saw another skinny-armed little Swede or something.

37 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Sports betting is usually a really good passive income stream and fairly predictable but today I lost 40% of my bankroll I built up over the past month because Bruins wouldn't lose to Chicago.. the juice was huge but it was guaranteed money and now they lost.. there is no way that's not rigged. 

The WWE is lobbying for people to be able to be able to bet on big pro wrestling matches.  Now that's some funny chit

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

Doesn't worry me.

Maybe we're drafting where there are RHDs and we can snag one.

I mean, unless Alvin comes running up to the stage with a big smile on his face because he saw another skinny-armed little Swede or something.

There is a good one available near where we are likely to pick -Pellikka. But with Hronek, Bear, (Hoping we can move Myers), Burroughs, Juulson, Johansson, and hoping we can sign college free agent Livingstone, we might be okay on the right side. I think right now we are thinner at centre than right D - if we draft on organizational need. Also,it’s thin at left D after Hughes, Wolanin and Brisebois. The only one who might be close right now, is Rathbone. A couple of years off we have Pettersson, Jurmo, Kudryavtsev, and Prescott.