The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] which winger(s) would you keep?

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

[Poll] which winger(s) would you keep?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beau seems more like the guy you need in the post-season because he's more two-way and can score goals in bunches. Not sure if we'll get there next season but he's a great trade asset as he is a good depth piece for a contender. I love Garland's tenacity but time to move on and I'm just not a believer in Boeser, his shot always went straight into the goalie's logo and I think his numbers were inflated by being moved to the higher lines. 

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Beau seems more like the guy you need in the post-season because he's more two-way and can score goals in bunches. Not sure if we'll get there next season but he's a great trade asset as he is a good depth piece for a contender. I love Garland's tenacity but time to move on and I'm just not a believer in Boeser, his shot always went straight into the goalie's logo and I think his numbers were inflated by being moved to the higher lines. 

Thank you for having common sense.  

I like Garland, and dont mind keeping him, and Beau is the type of player you want to keep for the right money.  Boeser is just overpaid and the most high maintenance emo player we have ever had- unfortunately, no teams out there want him. 

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Thank you for having common sense.  

I like Garland, and dont mind keeping him, and Beau is the type of player you want to keep for the right money.  Boeser is just overpaid and the most high maintenance emo player we have ever had- unfortunately, no teams out there want him. 

Boeser is great guy. He's not high maintenance, as you suggest. He's a leader. And we are keeping him. He will drive a line for use next season and put up 70+ points and 30+ goals. New Beau proved he was better than old Bo. Garland we can toss to the curb. Not a fan. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Boeser is great guy. He's not high maintenance, as you suggest. He's a leader. And we are keeping him. He will drive a line for use next season and put up 70+ points and 30+ goals. New Beau proved he was better than old Bo. Garland we can toss to the curb. Not a fan. 

No one looks at Boeser like a leader and hes the exact opposite of a line driver.  

Being a great guy doesnt mean a team needs to keep you. 

Hes easily the most high maintenance player we've had in a nucks uniform in years.  Can't recall a player with this much baggage.  

Have some common sense man.   

How about "none of the above"?!  None are particularly great at D, that's a quality we need unless everyone forgot about last year really quickly when it was proven we were playing a overall crap D game, not just the D. 

It's not hard to figure out Boeser, Garland, and Beau could easily translate into a quality 3C, a 3rd pairing RHD and still have a decent amount of cap left over for raises.

And we don't NEED any of them really, we need Hogs to step it up and at least jump into a 3rd line spot and Podz the same and jump up to second line duties when we need it and not miss a beat so we don't lose hockey games if we lose someone to injury, sickness, whatever. 

Right now though, as in a to do list, continuing to go after depth, not just fill in roster players. 

Injuries ALWAYS happen, and if there's fans who should remember this and be fans of build through depth instead of selling it, that should be us, yet is it? Not for the last 40 years, and a lot still hold onto that doomed to fail way of thinking.. almost seems to me like.. being addicted to winning during the season with a smaller depthless team and make the playoffs without a hope of ever winning it.. 

I can't figure it out, why keep the same idea that never got us shite? Usually booted out of the playoffs first round was annoying but to be expected as usual.

And the media just can't help themselves to push it too.. 

Is this ever going to end? I certainly hope so for once!!