The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2023-24

canuck2xtreme

TRADE: The Philadelphia Flyers have made a trade with the Vegas Golden Knights.

To PHI:

spacer.png Casey Cizikas
spacer.png BUF 2023 1st Round Draft Selection (26th overall)

To VGK:

spacer.png Travis Sanheim
spacer.png Paul Ludwinski
spacer.png STL 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection
spacer.png NJ 2024 4th Round Draft Selection

SIGNING: The New York Rangers have re-signed Adam Beckman to a 2-year contract extension.   

small.png Adam Beckman: Two-year contract worth $2.2 million dollars ($1.1m per season)

--------------------------------------------------------

image.png.daaf333f609c41cfb4bf7be3047cb96d.png

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have re-signed Drew O'Conner to a 1-year contract extension.   

small.png Drew O'Conner: One-year contract worth $2.2 million dollars ($1.75m per season)

Anyone seeking cheap depth for next season and have interest in the following players can get them for just a 4th round pick. Willing to offer multiple or all for a 2023 4th.

Ben Hutton

Brad Hunt

Sam Carrick

A question for the first executive as I can't seem to work this out from reading the CBA.

Can a RFA refuse an offer made to him then claim he wants to test free Agency in this league ?

This has just happened to me and I have never seen this happen in this league apart from offer sheets.

https://hockeyanswered.com/guide-to-restricted-free-agents-nhl/

According to this IRL an RFA 

" They do not have to sign, but they do not have many great options if they want to play in the NHL. 

The options for an RFA that does not want to sign with his team and not play, hope another teams signs them to a contract and it is not matched by your current team, or play in Europe " 

Edit 

After checking with the agent and his seasons played, it seems the player in question has been wrongly listed as an RFA on my team chart.

Edited by Ilunga

11 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

A question for the first executive as I can't seem to work this out from reading the CBA.

Can a RFA refuse an offer made to him then claim he wants to test free Agency in this league ?

This has just happened to me and I have never seen this happen in this league apart from offer sheets.

https://hockeyanswered.com/guide-to-restricted-free-agents-nhl/

According to this IRL an RFA 

" They do not have to sign, but they do not have many great options if they want to play in the NHL. 

The options for an RFA that does not want to sign with his team and not play, hope another teams signs them to a contract and it is not matched by your current team, or play in Europe " 

Edit 

After checking with the agent and his seasons played, it seems the player in question has been wrongly listed as an RFA on my team chart.

I have seen this happen before but it is rare and typically after a lot of heated negotiations. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, ActionJax09 said:

I have seen this happen before but it is rare and typically after a lot of heated negotiations. 

So just out of interest have those players had to sit out ?

As it would be IRL ?

Well without getting into the details, the player got offersheeted to a one year deal that took them to UFA. I suspected a nudge from the agent to the offersheeter because of the one year deal but nothing I can prove. Let’s just say relations with me and that GM were not great going forward. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Maple Leafs have traded down from pick #35. We now hold the following 2023 picks...

41, 42, 44, 66, 71, 72, 73, 74, 100, 108, 125

We are open to trading back a bit from pick #44 to grab another 3rd, but don't want to go beyond 50. 

Also looking to add a pick in the 10-20 range. Willing to trade 2024 NYR 1st (could become 2025 lotto pick). Straight up if it gets me in the 10-15 range, a 3rd added if in the 16-20 range. May be willing to add a B level prospect.

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed RFA Nikolai Knyzhov to a two-year contract.

Could contain: Outdoors, Text, Nature, Logo: Nikolai Knyzhov - Two-year deal worth $1.8 million dollars ($900,000 per season)

----------------------------------

arby18_ AGENCY

Edited by arby18_
  • Like 1

SIGNING: The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed RFA Quinton Byfield to a three-year contract.

small.png: Quinton Byfield - Three-year deal worth $8.25 million dollars ($2.75m per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

Edited by arby18_
  • Cheers 1

SIGNING: The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed RFA Calen Addison to a three-year contract.

small.png: Calen Addison - Three-year deal worth $7.2 million dollars ($2.4m per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

• Cheers 1

SIGNING: The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed RFA Scott Perunovich to a two-year contract.

small.png: Scott Perunovich - Two-year deal worth $2.5 million dollars ($1.25m per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

• Cheers 1

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have re-signed Cole Koepke to a 1-year contract extension.   

small.png Cole Koepke: One-year contract worth $1.045 million dollars ($1.045m per season)

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed RFA Olle Eriksson Ek to his qualifying offer..

Could contain: Outdoors, Text, Nature, Logo: Olle Eriksson Ek - One-year deal worth $825,000.

arby18_ AGENCY

• Like 1