The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks: How new trainer, new outlook could produce best version of Brock Boeser

Rate this topic

The Arrogant Worms

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

yeah I find him frustrating to watch at times. He's like Ronning without the hockey smarts. During one of his mesmerizing ice capades with the puck in the O zone, he might skate a couple of circles right around the net, deeking out 1, 2, 3, opposition players even, but during that time there are different moments (actually seconds) where a teammate is open for a pass & shot, but he'll keep the puck himself until he finally is pressured to shoot it from a terrible angle, many times right on the goal line.  Fun watching him skate around and make the opposition look foolish, but that's not going to help put the puck in the net.

Totally, summed it up in a nutshell with perfect imagery. I have that 5 degree angle shot with the goal line and boards in the background imprinted in my memory from seeing it so many times. Ronning was great because he saw the whole ice and moved the puck and his body before anyone could lay a hand on him. He was a great playmaker and always a couple steps ahead. Garland plays as if he thinks he's 6'3 200 lbs. :lol:

Like you said it's fun watching sometimes but it's frustrating as heck in the long run.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

On 7/21/2023 at 12:26 PM, DSVII said:

I love brock but this is our annual 'This could be Boeser's best year yet' article of the off season. 

Hope we see it this year!

2 years ago he watched his dad rapidly deteriorate. Last year hehe experienced his first full year without his dad. His first birthday without his dad, first thanksgiving, christmas, fathers day, new years, moms bday, dads bday etc etc etc. His last 2 years were extremely challenging mentally. This year he will be ready to rock.

• Cheers 2