The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks: How new trainer, new outlook could produce best version of Brock Boeser

Rate this topic

The Arrogant Worms

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Every year

Watch everyone run and hide when he comes back slower, weaker and softer.

Hes been a slow, one dimensional player that only had his shot to rely since even before he was drafted.  Its absurd to think at 26 hes going to magically turn into a completely different player.  

I for one hope he puts up points early so some sucker will finally trade for him.  

• Wat 5

11 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I hope so.

Brock looked like an assassin as a rookie.

Great guy that I hope succeeds in what likely is his last 2 year in Vancouver. 
Always seems like there is something around him, though not his fault. Hopefully his life settles in and it helps his consistency. 

Last year it was the slow fly by with a little elbow wave instead of engaging.  Early in the year he was embarrassingly disengaged. That is on him. 

Agreed on the start of the year, my take is we ship him out If we can and retain some cap, his back and wrist injury isn't something I feel comfortable with gambling on, especially in our situation where the money could be better spent, and same with Garland but I think no retention there, but we need the cap to weaponize the D and add depth. 

We're not sitting in a bad spot BUT that would help us a lot.

The retained salary could be offset by a ELC so it's not as if we would get hit for that much where it would hurt us like Luongo's recapture, I think we could realistically retain 1.5 and then I think he'd get picked up BUT it's well known he has previous wrist issues around the league so that def devalues him but by how much? Wish I could answer that.. 

Edited by icycold

If Verhaeghe can come out of nowhere and drop 42G on a team which barely made the playoffs, Brock can hit some big numbers too. Every year there's a couple of guys who jump ahead in the prime of their careers and take the next step forward. Brock is ready for that.

A lot of how he does will come down to his line-mates, he'll start on our 2nd line with Miller. Hopefully Miller is still good for PPG hockey next year, if he dips then Brock will struggle. There might be a world in which Mikheyev or Kuzmenko lose their spot to Brock on the top line and then look out...Petey will turn him into a machine. I know they haven't had the best chemistry before but Petey is entering the prime of his career - he can turn anyone into a 30-40G scorer.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If Verhaeghe can come out of nowhere and drop 42G on a team which barely made the playoffs, Brock can hit some big numbers too. Every year there's a couple of guys who jump ahead in the prime of their careers and take the next step forward. Brock is ready for that.

A lot of how he does will come down to his line-mates, he'll start on our 2nd line with Miller. Hopefully Miller is still good for PPG hockey next year, if he dips then Brock will struggle. There might be a world in which Mikheyev or Kuzmenko lose their spot to Brock on the top line and then look out...Petey will turn him into a machine. I know they haven't had the best chemistry before but Petey is entering the prime of his career - he can turn anyone into a 30-40G scorer.

I'm pretty tired of seeing BB gifted ice time and opportunity he hasn't earned over guys like Garland who does everything asked of him, and more, and gets shafted on top 6 mins and pp time.  It's ridiculous.

I have zero issues with BB as a person, or even as a depth winger.......my issue is the treatment he is given, by fans and coaching staff and the contract handed yo him by management 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

Over the course of his 6 year career he’s recovered from a broken back, watched his dad suffer and then die (not just being sick but losing his mind in the process) and still managed to be a borderline 30 goal scorer. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if what we see from Brock is what we get moving forward, but the idea that he might not have more to give is silly given what he’s been through.

• Cheers 3

That mesmerizing raw talent we saw in Brock’s rookie season doesn’t just disappear. Much like Petey went through a really rough patch where he didn’t even look like he belonged in the NHL, Brock will come out of this stronger than ever. It’s just a longer journey for him.

I would say this year is make or break though. 

21 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Talking about summer trainingI see Kuzmenko is traing in Bali !!!  I'm sure others see what the results are there may be an exodus of NHL players exiting to Bali :lol:

Canucks' Kuzmenko has incredible offseason training setup in Bali | Offside (dailyhive.com)

Off-season training coverage is so underrated.

• Like 1