The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks: How new trainer, new outlook could produce best version of Brock Boeser

Rate this topic

The Arrogant Worms

I hope so.

Brock looked like an assassin as a rookie.

Great guy that I hope succeeds in what likely is his last 2 year in Vancouver. 
Always seems like there is something around him, though not his fault. Hopefully his life settles in and it helps his consistency. 

Last year it was the slow fly by with a little elbow wave instead of engaging.  Early in the year he was embarrassingly disengaged. That is on him. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He comes off as overly cocky in this interview. Myself, I would only be 946% confident myself. :frantic:

Yea, like get ahold of yourself Brock. He’s always been a bit brassy, am I right?

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Yea, like greet ahold of yourself Brock. He’s always been a bit brassy, am I right?

Ha ha. In all seriousness I am rooting for Brock. Would love to see him rediscover his game and make a big impact this season.

• Cheers 2

Always thought his wrist became a problem after he got injured and he was playing gingerly to avoid aggravating it?
In any case, even if he's not a sniper but a net positive two-way force in the mold of a Sam Reinhart (Jack of all trades, 60+ point, 30+ goal scorer, plays both PP and PK and also strong at playmaking) I think we'd have a very strong asset on our hands, like we always knew he was.  Building around him, Petey, Miller and Kuzmenko up front makes for a very strong foundation in my books.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Boeser is going to do MUCH better this offseason. Everyone including himself knew what he needed to work on. These are the things that most, if not all of us, have never had to deal with, especially in such a compressed period of time

1) High level stress, including fan/media criticism

2) A well-loved family member dying in front of you. I'm sure there were lots and lots of discussions about whether he should live or die. That is f**king soul-sucking. This includes the COVID scare.

3) Personal expectations and reality

4) Two major injuries, one of which was potentially career ending. His famous wrist shot is no longer the same as before.

And I wouldn't surprised if there were more than these factors.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2

People talk about his goal of 30G. I think he'll be one of the candidates for a big breakout season across the league. Not to compare him to guys like Robertson, but look how some young guys just suddenly take a massive jump one year. Brock has been pretty consistently mediocre for a while but surely things are lining up, and he was IMO (all homer-ism aside) one of our best players in the last 20 games of the season, pretty much a PPG scorer.

I'm predicting 37G 41A for Brock next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tocchet,(no shrinking violet, as Don C used to say) has an interesting approach with motivation. Since he was such a talented & nasty mf'er, I bet most worthwhile players like what he's selling. Appears there's plenty belief & buy-in.

There's risk involved, as with hc's like Torts, for example. Some players flourish, but others can wear down & get dinged up.

Sure hope Brock gets a full season to show his stuff. The (still) young guy has talent, character & charisma in spades.

• Cheers 1