The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

Montreal Canadiens GO HABS GO Hockey Flag 90x150cm 3x5ft Fans Best Banner  25874197298 | eBay

The Montreal Canadiens are proud to announce its leadership group for our inaugural season.

Alternate Captains: Alexis Lafreniere, Kaiden Guhle.

Team Captain: Jack Eichel.

Silent Leaders: Alex Killorn, P.E. Bellemare.

Goalie Leaders: The Bob.

• Cheers 1

Minnesota will recall Podkolzin and Rathbone to NHL lineup.

How does a ECL players cap work if they play in a junior league? Will I still be on the hook for Wright, or is that when the slide thing comes into play? I'm not sure where he's going to play yet this year, since there was even talk about him playing in the AHL as an underager?

31 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Minnesota will recall Podkolzin and Rathbone to NHL lineup.

How does a ECL players cap work if they play in a junior league? Will I still be on the hook for Wright, or is that when the slide thing comes into play? I'm not sure where he's going to play yet this year, since there was even talk about him playing in the AHL as an underager?

MSB, I think you are going to have to get a ruling from the Commish as this is a bit of a unique situation.

Wright did have his contract slide in real life last year as he only played 8 NHL games but he will still only be 19 as of September 15th this year so he may be eligible for a slide in our league. If the ruling is you can slide him this year you will not be on the hook for his cap BUT  you will not be allowed to play him in the NHL at all this year. If the ruling goes against you then you will be on the hook for his cap either at the NHL level or against your AHL cap if you demote him. I see you are already over your AHL cap so you would have to adjust your Front Office budget if you demote him.

Hope this helps.....

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

@Gatorwhat's the deal with Wright? Should I just use a wait and see approach? If I'm not on the hook for his cap and can slide him (I don't think he'll be playing significant NHL minutes this year) we will have money to play with in FA. 

I would expect him to get some minutes this year. CF has him listed as being a 4C on the Kraken. I wouldn't suggest sliding him. It is within the rules though, and as of now there aren't any real negative impacts.

*checks instagram*

Could contain: People, Person, Helmet Could contain: Hockey, Ice Hockey, Ice Hockey Stick, Rink, Skating, Sport, Helmet, Person, People

Yeah, these guys aren't making the team this year...  *clears throat*

The Pittsburgh Penguins designate the contracts of Dalibor Dvorský and Andrew Cristall for ELC slides.  We wish both the best in Oskarshamn and Kelowna!

Edited by Bob.Loblaw
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

@Gatorwhat's the deal with Wright? Should I just use a wait and see approach? If I'm not on the hook for his cap and can slide him (I don't think he'll be playing significant NHL minutes this year) we will have money to play with in FA. 

My hockey news fantasy guide suggests Wright is good for 38 points in the NHL this year, not sure if that is hopeful, likely or for sure, but it might help your decision. It seems it is up to you if you want to slide him or not. I would suggest he is playing though from what I have read. Really comes down to camp. 

Either way, i would suggest having a bit more minor salary space than you need for who you have at the moment to allow for pickups during the season via trade. If you create that extra room in your minors budget then you can decide in October if you want to slide him or not depending on how camp goes, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do we have a backup incase CDC goes down?

Also... what's the deal with players if they are convicted of the 2018 World Juniors horror show? I selected Hart based off his comments at the time and how he was being cooperative but now it's looking like that might have been a terrible call. Would that be a buyout or a contract termination?

28 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Also... what's the deal with players if they are convicted of the 2018 World Juniors horror show? I selected Hart based off his comments at the time and how he was being cooperative but now it's looking like that might have been a terrible call. Would that be a buyout or a contract termination?

Discord likely our best bet.

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Shrug, I think it would be pure speculation at this point anyhow. If/when there are repurcussions in real life, I think our league should look at it then. I dont think there were any contract terminations in the NHL based on allegations alone, not even sure if contract terminations would follow convictions, but likely yes as potential for jail time would upend the contractual obligations, but again that is way down the road from this stage. We all just don't know what we don't know about any player until guilty verdicts are handed out if/when that ever happens.

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Discord likely our best bet.

Is CDC going down? PO was saying something about this yesterday too.

We'd have to move to discord if it happened. It'd make recruiting new GMs kinda tough though. Hope there's no truth to the speculation though lol

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Shrug, I think it would be pure speculation at this point anyhow. If/when there are repurcussions in real life, I think our league should look at it then. I dont think there were any contract terminations in the NHL based on allegations alone, not even sure if contract terminations would follow convictions, but likely yes as potential for jail time would upend the contractual obligations, but again that is way down the road from this stage. We all just don't know what we don't know about any player until guilty verdicts are handed out if/when that ever happens.

totally. Just pre-planning. I sure hope Hart was not involved... 

Agency Update:

The following update has been released by our agency on behalf of the following player. The players listed below will be heading to phase two starting tomorrow. Please be advised that our agency has a busy schedule over the weekend, so responses and replies may be delayed. Some players have asked that we release some details on what they will be looking for in terms of contract so that if teams wish to update offers before phase 2 they are able to do so. 

Tyler Seguin - Will be looking for a multi year deal (Minimum 2 years) ideally in the 3-5+ yr range, will also be looking for a minimum of a NTC applied to the deal

Logan Couture - Will be looking for minimum of a 2 year deal, Clause will be considered a bonus but not necessary 

Kevin Hayes - Will be looking for minimum of 3 years with a NTC

Brendan Gallagher - Will be looking for minimum 2 year deal, Clause will be considered a bonus but not necessary 

Aku Raty

Cross Hanas

Alex Steeves

We thank all teams for their interest in our clients and wish you all good luck in the negotiation process. All players not listed will follow suit soon when the Agency see's a break in business

Cheers,

Relyt Krets

Could contain: Logo, Dynamite, Weapon, Food, Ketchup

• Like 1

Could contain: Symbol, Cross

Dallas Stars Head Office, GM Desk, for immediate release:

Dallas has re-evaluated its front office budget and will utilize the "not set in stone until October" concept to make small changes as follows, tentatively. 

Player Relations: 17 Million

Player Development: 0 Million

Medical/Training: 10 Million

Minors Budget: 23 Million

Scouting Department: 30 Million

further changes may be announced as we move through training camp and get closer to October. 

40 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Rumour has it Acquilini saw the team you assembled under the Canucks name, and wanted to distance himself as much as possible from it

Acquilini hasn't had a team with this much direction since 2012

• There it is 1

54 minutes ago, Gator said:

Is CDC going down? PO was saying something about this yesterday too.

We'd have to move to discord if it happened. It'd make recruiting new GMs kinda tough though. Hope there's no truth to the speculation though lol

Would Reddit fit the same needs as CDC? I know theres fantasy hockey forms and such that could be used to recruit or r/canucks? Could make a CDCGFL sub

Just now, Sludge said:

Would Reddit fit the same needs as CDC? I know theres fantasy hockey forms and such that could be used to recruit or r/canucks? Could make a CDCGFL sub

I'm not familiar with reddit at all but if need be I would be down for it for sure