The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

So ibe had a sleep to reflect on the loss

The eagles played well but we didnt pit up a fight. They will have the season series unless we kill them on christmas eve. To. Get in theplayoffs you have to finnish at leats 10-6.

Heres the cowbous rest of the season

Vs seattle

Vs buffalo

@ washington

Vs miami

@ arizona

Vs ny giants

@ tampa bay

Vs philadelphia

@ ny giants

So our next 5 games are should wins with the exeption of a couple tough ones but we should still win.

That sets up the final 4 games. All againsy playoff contending teams.

Right now i just want sunday to come and beat The seahawks. Then we can look forward.

I'm really starting to think the Patriots situation on defence has a lot to do with Scott Pioli and his departure.

The past three seasons must be frustrating for a Patriots fan because you know Brady isn't going to play forever. Every year that Belichick fails to sure up his defense is another lost opportunity. Even if they had an average defense they might have won a couple of Super Bowls, going back to the one against the Giants where they couldn't stop Eli on that last New York drive.

The problem as I see it is that they have some decent complementary players on defense, but no true playmakers. Wilfork maybe. Other than that, they're very average to below average elsewhere. Mayo is a great tackler but he doesn't come up with a lot of big plays. McCourty had a solid year last year, but looks terrible this year. And they cut Bodden a day before they put Dowling on IR? Most of these moves don't make sense to the outside observer, and the result is what we saw on Sunday.

Belichick seems like he's playing better odds... if he can get two second-round talents over one first-round talent, he takes that deal every time, figuring that he's got more of a chance to coach one of them up and make him a star. But failing to move up at times, like the Jets did to get Revis, is killing them. At this point the Patriots are better off taking a shot on an elite player and miss instead of having a constant revolving door in the secondary and at the linebacker spots.

I don't respect the misconception that Belichick coached up a a slew of blue collar nobodies into championship defensive players. That's a load of misguided Belichick-mythology. The Pats won with blue chip players, in addition to blue collar players. Willie McGinest. Richard Seymour. Ty Law. Vince Wilfork. Talent. Guess where these guys were drafted? It sure as crap wasn't at the bottom of the second round after a "shrewd" trade down.

...Not that I'm complaining.

So ibe had a sleep to reflect on the loss

The eagles played well but we didnt pit up a fight. They will have the season series unless we kill them on christmas eve. To. Get in theplayoffs you have to finnish at leats 10-6.

Heres the cowbous rest of the season

Vs seattle

Vs buffalo

@ washington

Vs miami

@ arizona

Vs ny giants

@ tampa bay

Vs philadelphia

@ ny giants

So our next 5 games are should wins with the exeption of a couple tough ones but we should still win.

That sets up the final 4 games. All againsy playoff contending teams.

Right now i just want sunday to come and beat The seahawks. Then we can look forward.

I'm really starting to think the Patriots situation on defence has a lot to do with Scott Pioli and his departure.

The past three seasons must be frustrating for a Patriots fan because you know Brady isn't going to play forever. Every year that Belichick fails to sure up his defense is another lost opportunity. Even if they had an average defense they might have won a couple of Super Bowls, going back to the one against the Giants where they couldn't stop Eli on that last New York drive.

The problem as I see it is that they have some decent complementary players on defense, but no true playmakers. Wilfork maybe. Other than that, they're very average to below average elsewhere. Mayo is a great tackler but he doesn't come up with a lot of big plays. McCourty had a solid year last year, but looks terrible this year. And they cut Bodden a day before they put Dowling on IR? Most of these moves don't make sense to the outside observer, and the result is what we saw on Sunday.

Belichick seems like he's playing better odds... if he can get two second-round talents over one first-round talent, he takes that deal every time, figuring that he's got more of a chance to coach one of them up and make him a star. But failing to move up at times, like the Jets did to get Revis, is killing them. At this point the Patriots are better off taking a shot on an elite player and miss instead of having a constant revolving door in the secondary and at the linebacker spots.

I don't respect the misconception that Belichick coached up a a slew of blue collar nobodies into championship defensive players. That's a load of misguided Belichick-mythology. The Pats won with blue chip players, in addition to blue collar players. Willie McGinest. Richard Seymour. Ty Law. Vince Wilfork. Talent. Guess where these guys were drafted? It sure as crap wasn't at the bottom of the second round after a "shrewd" trade down.

...Not that I'm complaining.

Dallas is so overrated it's not even funny, they are not a playoff team!

They have 4 easy games against Sea, Was, Mia, Ariz, which would put them at 7 wins, the rest of the games are not so easy and this is if they can even take care of business and beat the weak teams.

For arguments sake let's just say San Fran, Green Bay and New Orleans and N.Y Giants win their divisions, look who Dallas will be battling for the last 2 wild card spots:

Dallas 3-4 and their play is not looking good.

Detroit 6-2

Chicago 4-3

Tampa Bay 4-3

Atlanta 4-3

Philly 3-4 but are now really coming on, could be a threat to win div if it keeps up.

Sorry but Dallas is not making the playoffs especially after that dismal performance in Philly.

2008 draft: only jerod mayo panned out

2007 draft: no picks panned out. Meriweather came the closest.

2006 draft: the best pick was a kicker.. yeah, a kicker. Maroney did not amount to much.

2005 draft: great draft year

2004 draft: wilfork. done

2003 draft: Asante Samuel and Dan Koppen were picks that made something of their name in the NFL

2001 and 2002 combined brought just deion branch and seymour.

I don't think Scott Pioli's absence is as detrimental as you make it out to be, especially considering his last few years with the team.

In the last decade out of an about 70 draft choices, Pioli has drafted about 10 notable players.

I agree though that the whole two second round talents > 1 1st round talent is not working out.

12 Team Parlay #230558898 (Placed by Web)

Football - NFL Lines (Game) Point Spread

NFL - WEEK 9

(406) Indianapolis Colts +7½ (-115) Sun@10:00a

Competitor:(405) Atlanta Falcons

NFL - WEEK 9

(407) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +8½ (-110) Sun@10:00a

Competitor:(408) New Orleans Saints

NFL - WEEK 9

(410) Houston Texans -10½ (-110) Sun@10:00a

Competitor:(409) Cleveland Browns