The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Sooo arrogant...

There you were criticizing me... then I realized you're an idiot when it comes to driving. :picard:

"I guess its okay as long as I don't crash". Basically you're saying I'll tailgate until I crash... :mellow:

As I said before. I hate people who stick in the left lane as much as those who tailgate, both idiots.

Na I was just angry from all the useless drivers in the snow the other day.

Ironically they were all going full speed today (despite the fact that there was probably more trechourous conditions today due to the possibility of ice).

cypress is so overrated for the price you pay. i'd rather dish the extra cash and go to whistler aka a real mountain.

If you want to drive 2 extra hours and pay for gas there and back go ahead.

Nothing comes close to whistler, here at least, but Cypress is miles ahead of Grouse and Seymour

• Upvote 1

depends on the model, mine is highly rated for snow/rain and is fine for all my winter driving needs (both while I was in Chicago, all winter long, and when I go into the mountains for snowboarding). if you find that all season radials are useless in the snow then you are clearly not adjusting your driving habits when driving in snow. snow tires are the biggest scam in all of automoting.

This is simply not true. You would be shocked at the difference.

This is simply not true. You would be shocked at the difference.

Snow tires are certainly noticeably better (particularly in extreme cold/on ice). That said I still agree with Av...for the 2 times a year we might get a few centimeters of snow and generally rarely get below -5c, All-season tires are just fine for the lower mainland in conjunction with altering your driving behaviour (leave more space, no sudden inputs etc).

Unless you're regularly doing mountain, valley and interior etc driving, they're simply not needed here for most folks.

Snow tires are certainly noticeably better (particularly in extreme cold/on ice). That said I still agree with Av...for the 2 times a year we might get a few centimeters of snow and generally rarely get below -5c, All-season tires are just fine for the lower mainland in conjunction with altering your driving behaviour (leave more space, no sudden inputs etc).

Unless you're regularly doing mountain, valley and interior etc driving, they're simply not needed here for most folks.

If it snows and you do not have snow tires. Take the bus.

Metro Vancouver

3:45 PM PST Thursday 19 January 2012

Winter storm warning for

Metro Vancouver continued http://weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

Snowfall amounts from 5 to 15 cm are expected to be mixed with freezing rain tonight and Friday morning.

Southeast winds of 90 km/h will develop Friday morning over the Central Coast - coastal sections.

Northeast outflow winds of 100 km/h will develop Friday morning over the North Coast - coastal sections.

This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

An Arctic ridge of high pressure over the British Columbia interior is producing strong outflow winds through coastal valleys and inlets. The strong outflow winds in combination with very cold air are producing wind chill values exceeding minus 20 degrees for much of the BC coast with values ranging near minus 35 reported on the north coast. Wind chill values of minus 20 degrees will persist tonight over Central Coast - inland sections, Whistler and Fraser Valley east - including Chilliwack.

A significant winter storm with snow, areas of strong winds and possible freezing rain is expected tonight and Friday. Snow will begin over Haida Gwaii, Central Coast - coastal sections and North Coast - coastal sections tonight where 10 to 15 cm will fall by Friday morning. A further 10 to 20 cm is expected for North Coast - coastal sections on Friday. In addition very strong outflow winds gusting to 90 km/h combined with new snow will create blizzard conditions over North Coast - inland sections tonight through Friday. Strong southeast winds of 90 km/h will develop over North Vancouver Island and the Central Coast - coastal sections early Friday morning.

On Friday there will be a transition to mild and moist Pacific air over the south coast due to a southwesterly flow. A significant snowfall of 5 to 15 cm is expected for most of the south coast. Most areas can expect snow to become mixed with freezing rain as the changeover to rain occurs. A period of extended freezing rain is expected for eastern portions of Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and Howe Sound. Approximately 10 to 20 mm of freezing rain is possible over the Fraser Valley and Howe Sound, however at this time there is some uncertainty in the exact amount.

WWW.WEATHEROFFICE.GC.CA Road conditions can be monitored at WWW.DRIVEBC.CA.

I thought we were done with this cold snap

So what does all that mean? Are we expected to get hit? Damn it I have hockey tomorrow :( Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

It means nothing. We're just experiencing the colder side of Vancouver weather, which is still nothing to fret about.

20 cm of snowfall is probably going to be an inch or two off the ground. You don't even have to plow it.

You will play, you know you'll play, you'll play on snow tires!

• Upvote 2

It means nothing. We're just experiencing the colder side of Vancouver weather, which is still nothing to fret about.

20 cm of snowfall is probably going to be an inch or two off the ground. You don't even have to plow it.

You will play, you know you'll play, you'll play on snow tires!

Is it weird that i teared up reading that? (Totally pictured it in a Jim Robson voice)