The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

remember the last episode of season 1 where the main character of the series died? no one is safe... but I don't think Tyrion died, I mean he was still alive enough to see his assailant die in front of him.

did you notice who his assailant was? Thats a pretty important part of the story.

It was Renly's lover right? What I got from it was that he joined the Lannisters and that's how they ended up winning.

While Loras did join the fight, I believe it was Ser Mandon Moore, a knight of the Kingsguard, who slashed Tyrion. In the books, it was suggested that Cersei was the one behind the attempt on Tyrion's life.

Oh yeah, did anyone notice?

pupKl.jpg

Edited by moh21
  • Upvote 1

My bad, accidentally deleted it when I was adding the picture in. I suppose "the chain" would've been too expensive production-wise, but it takes away from Tyrion's brilliance. I guess the nuke-tastic explosion will have to suffice...

did you notice who his assailant was? Thats a pretty important part of the story.

wasn't it the knight the "king" said would represent him on the battlefield while he hid in his room like a sniveling child? Edited by avelanch

Ah this show is great. I only started watching it about 3 or 4 weeks ago but caught myself up pretty quickly. It's going to be a painful wait after the end of this season. Sandor is probably my favorite character left (with Ned and Drogo gone), such a bad ass.

Can someone clarify what happened to Stannis? was that his old men pulling him back or was he captured or what?

Looked like he wanted to continue the assault, but his own men pulled him away once Lord Tywin's forces arrived....

Oh, and can I start reading from the end of book 2, or where ever it the show is right now or should I start from the beginning?

You can't start at the end of book 2 it is too different. You COULD do the beginning of book 2. But you'd miss out a lot of backstory/detail. And some small things might be confusing.

Oh, and can I start reading from the end of book 2, or where ever it the show is right now or should I start from the beginning?

I asked that question here about a week ago and was told to start the books from the beginning. Glad I did, I was just going to pick it up after this season ended on book three. Instead I went and bought the first 3 books (all on sale at Superstore) and am 2/3 done book one in a few days, it is very hard to put down. So far, book one is nearly Identical to season 1, the dialogue, the order of events, its very impressive how close they adapted it. I have heard book 2 diverges from the show, I will find out by next week at this pace.