The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Damn I never read the books and I thought the kids would grow up. That's a major spoiler finding out they will stay the same age haha
The kids may well grow up - there's still two books to be written, and I'm only starting to read book five now, so I'm actually not that far ahead of the tv series :) Edited by Azzy Mahmood

The kids may well grow up - there's still two books to be written, and I'm only starting to read book five now, so I'm actually not that far ahead of the tv series :)

also, it doesn't have to be exactly the same as the books, the kids can grow up in the tv show, there's no problem with that.

also, it doesn't have to be exactly the same as the books, the kids can grow up in the tv show, there's no problem with that.

True, there are several characters that have been deliberately aged for the series. It wouldn't surprise me if the writers attempt to correct some of the author's mistakes / jazz up the more tedious parts of the later series. So far the 17 episodes have been one long rollercoaster - the books took an age to read and, while being no less good, would have had far more impact in terms of sales had they been pithier.

True, there are several characters that have been deliberately aged for the series. It wouldn't surprise me if the writers attempt to correct some of the author's mistakes / jazz up the more tedious parts of the later series. So far the 17 episodes have been one long rollercoaster - the books took an age to read and, while being no less good, would have had far more impact in terms of sales had they been pithier.

That's a tough sell to say that the books would be MORE succesful if you changed them. I know I wouldn't like them as much if you pulled things out of the story. Nor do I find the later part of the series tedious... in fact DwD was a hell of a tension building book. I kinda wish they had sorted out the big battles instead of cliffhanging, but otherwise I think its great. Especially when I read it a second time. At first I dismissed a lot of the Mereen stuff because I was more interested in Westeros and wanted to hear about that. But without those hangups the second time round I enjoyed it for what it was, and actually anjoyed it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 9 was literally the best hour of T.V. I have ever watched. The acting was superb and the special effects were brilliantly done. I have honestly never been so emotionally attached to a T.V. program as I was watching this episode. It was almost like watching a playoff game.

I was worried about this episode because there was so much that could have gone wrong in the interpretation of the Battle of the Blackwater. But right away I saw that George RR Martin wrote the episode so I knew he would do it justice. I had previously thought that he was writing episode 7, but I couldn't be more happy that he wrote episode 9.

I'm thinking about watching the episode for the 4th time right now, but I think its a good idea to take a break :P.

DRUUUMMSSS!!!!

Edited by Dream Theater

Episode 9 was literally the best hour of T.V. I have ever watched. The acting was superb and the special effects were brilliantly done. I have honestly never been so emotionally attached to a T.V. program as I was watching this episode. It was almost like watching a playoff game.

I was worried about this episode because there was so much that could have gone wrong in the interpretation of the Battle of the Blackwater. But right away I saw that George RR Martin wrote the episode so I knew he would do it justice. I had previously thought that he was writing episode 7, but I couldn't be more happy that he wrote episode 9.

I'm thinking about watching the episode for the 4th time right now, but I think its a good idea to take a break :P.

DRUUUMMSSS!!!!

Nerd alert.

Good episode though, I agree. I have recently begun reading the books, about 1/4 done GoT and its hard to put down.

remember back in episode 1 or 2 of season 2 when Arya said "anyone can die"

total forshadowing right there. :(

remember the last episode of season 1 where the main character of the series died? no one is safe... but I don't think Tyrion died, I mean he was still alive enough to see his assailant die in front of him.

I've read the books, I know whats gonna happen.. just keeping it interesting for those who havent :)

i'm specifically holding off from reading the books in order to be surprised :D i'll probably go back and read the books they already covered at the end of each season (so that would be books 1 and 2 next week). the problem is that i'll probably want to keep reading them and end up spoiling stuff for me so i may have to wait until the series is over.

I could not believe how fast the last episode went by. When the ending came I asked myself why so short of an episode until I saw the time.

The CGI was well done considering they have a limited budget, guess they spent most of it on this episode.