The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Bloody heck Tsonga :(

He has so much talent. I honestly think he is capable of winning a Slam but he seems to be very lazy and has some poor habits. One of my favourite players to watch when he's on his game.

Sad to see that Andy Roddick will be retiring but after all his injuries, I knew it was coming sooner than later.

I thought for sure he would win more than 1 slam , but it wasnt meant to be :sadno:

Wow is anyone watching the Tomic/Roddick match? I'm pretty sure even I have a harder forehand than Tomic does. He's just serving up shots on a platter for Roddick to pounce on. Roddick up 2 sets and just won the 3rd 6-0. Used the serve and volley method a lot which was actually quite fun to watch. The commentators are furious with Tomic. They're saying he has no guts and no fight in him...and I kind of have to agree. Really lame effort by him here.

But good for Roddick. He'll live to see another day.

^ LOL i also watched the third set tiebraker at Coquitlam Centre on the T.V. at sitting area in front of food court.

What, they have one in the food court!? Ok well that's where I'll be the next time I'm there. Better than making the people at The Source look at me funny lol.

Sad to see Lleyton Hewitt lose today. He's such a fighter. Great that Roddick is still around though. And Sharapova had a great match. Went down 0-4 in the 2nd set, came back to tie, and then went down 6-4. Got down 0-2 in the 3rd set, and then there was an hour of rain delay, and when play resumed she was a different player. Hammered her forehands down the line and was relentless. Great to see that kind of fight in her.

Raonic still has a ways to go before he can beat a top 5 seed in a Slam. It's ok though, he's young and he'll have a summer full of things to work on.

It's not on YouTube but everyone should go to the US Open website and check out the highlight of the tweener by Bob Bryan in their doubles match. It came during a 2nd set tiebreak when the Bryan Bros were already down a set and it was such a clutch shot. Totally changed the momentum of the match and they went on to win the match.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/tennis/bob-bryan-tweener/

Wow! How many forehands did Federer miss!? Very uncharacteristic of him. That is the thing about Fed - if he loses it's because of his own errors, not because he was being pushed around by the opponent. I thought that not having to play his last round match would have helped him get some rest but maybe Mardy Fish's withdrawal worked out negatively for Fed. But great game by Berdych. He made some fantastic shots.

Andy Roddick will be missed. He should definitely join McEnroe in the commentator's booth. He's a natural with a microphone. Great player and a great sendoff for him. Del Potro was all class too, stepping aside and letting Roddick have his moment.