The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Thunder?

Captain Bob

the fireworks were frackin awesome, especially with the lightning backdrop

i lol'd at one guys comment about god trying to upstage the event

was a fracked up day though, amazing until around 5, then suddenly not shorts and tshirt weather. i was soaked for 6 hours straight. and sunburnt. wtf.

LOL, wonder if that was my friend from Dundarave.

He told me he mentioned that it was like God's fireworks vs. man's fireworks.

LOL, absolutely not. I actually still use the kit lens for the camera; the only add-ons are the UV lens and the "screw on top of current lens" fisheye lens (which is the cheap man's version of the "real" fisheye lens).

My equipment is really small potatoes. :)

hahahhahahahha thats a good one! a hole! :angry:

maaaan i want a fish eye so badly, really want to take some crazy pano photos and those nice centre focus kind of blurred photos... you know? =/

anyway, love looking at your photos bucky =)

Edited by LoneI2anger

hahahhahahahha thats a good one! a hole! :angry:

maaaan i want a fish eye so badly, really want to take some crazy pano photos and those nice centre focus kind of blurred photos... you know? =/

anyway, love looking at your photos bucky =)

For pano photos, you can always try Autostitch, which automatically stitches your photos together into a very fisheye-like pic. However, that program sucks up memory and CPU usage like a mofo, so when you use the program, prepare to leave your computer and just let it work on its own.

It's a locally-developed program -- it's a product of the CompSci department at UBC.

Lightning still going behind the North Shore mountains. The view from my apartment was amazing tonight. I live on the 14th floor of a highrise near Hastings/Boundary and my view is pretty much southwest to north. Absolutely insane around 9:00 tonight.

Agreed! It was amazing. :D Although I got absolutely drenched when it was raining extremely hard around 7-7:30ish. That was horrible... mostly because 1) I was wearing white 2) my hair got all fracked up! ... and I felt like crap because, well, rain water is disgusting.

I was pretty paranoid about the thunder/lightning, though. I don't think I've ever been outside for that long in the middle of a thunder storm, haha.

Paranoid about what? Getting hit? The Shock Of The Lightning? Hmmmm...Some say its good luck if you live through it!

Tonight was amazing from my POV...the thunder+lightning+rain+fireworks....wow what a night...It looks like a new storm is on the horizon now too....love it.

Here are some sky views from my deck:

Picture048.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Paranoid about what? Getting hit? The Shock Of The Lightning? Hmmmm...Some say its good luck if you live through it!

Tonight was amazing from my POV...the thunder+lightning+rain+fireworks....wow what a night...It looks like a new storm is on the horizon now too....love it.

Here are some sky views from my deck:

Picture048.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Yeah, pretty much. :P Other than that, it was absolutely stunning!

Nice pix, btw.