The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

I request to get traded to a playoff contender again.

Sure, I'll get the list of teams interested ASAP.

Nice. Playing well for the Canucks, making $7M a year. We still can't get out of the first round though...

Who am I playing with?

Richard Gaborik and Marc-Anthony Beech. :lol:

Damn, 111 point season and no playoffs, Flames suck dry.gif

Could I get traded to Vancouver?

crap, completely forgot about that. I simmed another season and you moved to the Thrashers who made the playoffs. I'll offer you around and see if Vancouver's interested, but I'll wait for final confirmation before moving you.

Posting the update in a couple minutes.

Hello all,

Final pool stats are now updated. Double-check and let me know if there are any discrepancies.

The final day of the tournament sure was very entertaining, and made the pool very interesting. It was a very close pool, with the last 4 spots are only separated by 6 points.

Bronze Medal belongs to OurTimeToShine - 42 points.

Silver Medal belongs to Langdon Algur - 45 points.

Gold Medals belong to hockeyislife4 and Champions of Nothing - both tied with 55 points.

It was a pleasure hosting this pool for the second year in a row, hopefully it made the tournament a little bit more special to follow. Thanks guys for participating, it was a lot of fun.

Hope to see you all again in December for the 2012 edition of the WJC pool!

So with the All-Star draft coming up and with a selection of the two captains voted in by the players we will soon be able to see who finally gets into the All-star game. Perhaps going with the format of a full roster including the three goalies and the rules from the actual All-star game draft format.

The draft will go 18 rounds and a coin toss will determine which captain gets to select first. Each All-Star team must have three goalies, six defensemen and 12 forwards. An interesting rule in the draft is that the goalies must all be selected by the 10th round and the defensemen have to be gone by Round 15.

We can stick with that. I think someone can do one with me or we could do a simple discussion of who would be selected captain, alternate captains and who they could eventually end up picking themselves. We would also have to discuss to see who would actually get selected as All-stars (bias free preferably). Going round by round by the current system.

IF we do that format of the captains, co-captains and and such, I think we could make it interesting if we kept it as close as possible to the actual personality of the players and not our own bias for the selection of the rest of the All-star team

I'll start by voting for Chris Pronger for the first team

And going for another defenseman here, i'll pick Shea Webber as the second captain.

Now you make your picks and I'll update this thread on saturday with our two captains and we can start selecting the first picks!

Votes for Captains:

Chris Pronger: 2

Nick Lidstrom: 7

Shea Webber: 1

Sidney Crosby: 7

Henrik Sedin: 3

Jarome Iginla: 1

So we have it out captains are Crosby and Nick Lidstrom! Now lets start the draft!

Take out minus points for minus ratings and I'm in.

I have to say, the minus points for minus ratings should be removed. The members here have spoken. All the respect in the world to canuckk, but I say remove the minus.

BM.24, is there any word as to how many GM's are still interested in this League? Chicago is only not active due to a computer problem but he is working on it and has assured me he is very much interested in keeping going with Chicago. And ofcourse New Jersey is still 100% committed to this League.

Archived