The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jeff Angus@anguscertified

Interesting situation out of Harvard - #canucks prospect Patrick McNally has been removed from the roster due to an unknown violation.

Joe Meloni@CHNJoeMeloni

Four Players Removed From Harvard's Roster - http://www.collegeho...om.php …

RT @smclaughlin9: In today's Harvard Crimson, Raphael Girard hints that some of the team's recent departures are due to the cheating scandal

Max Everson, Patrick McNally and Mark Luzar have all been removed from the Harvard roster.

https://twitter.com/...271240920260608

Looks like he's been removed from the roster entirely. Meloni is saying it could be related to academic dishonesty and he's not the only one. Pretty curious case and where does that lead them for the rest of the season? I'm sure you can't transfer to another university without being redshirted for at least the rest of the season. Juniors, maybe?

Whoa, that's pretty serious then. Looks like he's done at harvard.

So he just turned 21, I don't think he can play in the CHL can he? That would be sweet to get him on the Giants or the Rockets though.

If not he has to either find another college that will take him, or come play for the wolves.

Wowsa, if it is some sort of cheating situation - he can kiss his academic career goodbye. No Uni will touch him. Would be go back to Jrs or is he AHL eligible?

He's 21 so he's definitely AHL eligible.

But I'm not sure if he's ready for the AHL. If not, I don't know how the overager rule works in the CHL in terms of when a player turns 21. That would be awesome to get him playing in the WHL though.

Whoa, that's pretty serious then. Looks like he's done at harvard.

So he just turned 21, I don't think he can play in the CHL can he? That would be sweet to get him on the Giants or the Rockets though.

If not he has to either find another college that will take him, or come play for the wolves.

The Canucks cannot sign him right now due to the lockout - so he would need to sign a AHL contract.

He could sign with any team he wanted right now - But I assume the Canucks will expect and talk him into another school or AHL contract with the Wolves.

He's 21 so he's definitely AHL eligible.

But I'm not sure if he's ready for the AHL. If not, I don't know how the overager rule works in the CHL in terms of when a player turns 21. That would be awesome to get him playing in the WHL though.

From what I have found - no CHL team has his rights.

From what I have found - no CHL team has his rights.

So that means he could choose any CHL team he wants. The only question is whether or not he is eligible to play in the CHL.

He can always sign a PTO with the Wolves if he wants to play in the AHL. If he plans on signing with the Canucks, it would make sense for him to play on their farm team. We all know they could use the help on D.

So that means he could choose any CHL team he wants. The only question is whether or not he is eligible to play in the CHL.

He can always sign a PTO with the Wolves if he wants to play in the AHL. If he plans on signing with the Canucks, it would make sense for him to play on their farm team. We all know they could use the help on D.

I am not very well versed in the CHL rules, rights.... etc.

My gut tells me - that he *could* sign with any CHL team, but I don't think he will, nor will any team want to bring an overager who has only played 7 games.

Also I have no idea about NCAA rights - but I assume he couldn't be able to sign a PTO with the Wolves (or the CHL for that matter), if he intends on returning to school next year (which is hinted as a possibility in the article)

Either he is going to go play somewhere for 'free' and go back to Harvard... or he is turning Pro.

Either he is going to go play somewhere for 'free' and go back to Harvard... or he is turning Pro.

I doubt that Harvard would even take him back if he was caught for cheating. Something tells me that they have a 1 strike policy with stuff like that. And I would imagine this is on his permanent school record now. So it would be unlikely any other Ivy League school would take him.

His best bet might be to turn pro now.

I doubt that Harvard would even take him back if he was caught for cheating. Something tells me that they have a 1 strike policy with stuff like that. And I would imagine this is on his permanent school record now. So it would be unlikely any other Ivy League school would take him.

His best bet might be to turn pro now.

The article posted above - says that they can 'take the year off' and then return next year.

I do agree - turning pro may be best at this point.

Wow, this might just mess up his development, I think it would have been best for him to spend at least three years in Harvard's system, but now he'll have to go pro if he's kicked out of school. He is excellent offensively so he might just be able to take a spot on the Wolve's blueline to quarterback the PP.

The article posted above - says that they can 'take the year off' and then return next year.

I do agree - turning pro may be best at this point.

Taking a year off now might be career suicide for him. This is one of his most crucial years of development.

And would he really want to go back to that school after being labelled a cheater?

Mcnally is ineligible for the CHL as he turned 21 last week

Damn, I didn't think he could. That's too bad, because if he could play a year in the CHL, and then a year in the AHL, that would be a good career route IMO.

It will be interesting to see what course he takes.

I feel bad for him. I mean cheating is obviously wrong, but I can't imagine the pressure on these young guys. Imagine trying to balance a hockey career, while trying to take a full course load at Harvard? It's hard enough for people there without playing hockey. At least he's got a good shot at a hockey career.

Connauton's defensive game was very raw when he came into the AHL. It shouldn't hold McNally back. That's what the AHL is for. He can learn to round out his game there.

Archived