The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd laugh if he got the photo from CDC.

I'm thinking he did.

Also, Patrick had 1 assist and was -1 in Harvard's 3-3 tie with #14 Union. I think the biggest problem with +/- on Harvard is that the vast majority of their points come from the PP.

They do score lots on the powerplay so +/- can be a bit misleading, but he does have the worst +/- on the team at -7.

when there are only 6 plus players on the team and one of those have played just a single game, it's kinda telling its not an accurate stat.

Any word on whether he was invited to catch the Canucks practice and/or if he'll be attending the game? It just seems like the kind of thing the organization would do to make the prospect feel appreciated a little more. I was curious if it was a reality.

McNally was unable to attend training camp as NCAA regulations do not allow any player to miss classes. Harvard starts late August/early September. NHL training camp is usually mid September.

I believe he was in Vancouver for Prospects Camp though (and great of all NCAA players to pay for the trip, food, and housing).

Any word on whether he was invited to catch the Canucks practice and/or if he'll be attending the game? It just seems like the kind of thing the organization would do to make the prospect feel appreciated a little more. I was curious if it was a reality.

harvard mens hockey team was on a road trip this weekend, they played vs union last night in kentucky, and play Rensselaer today (just outside of albany NY) Patrick wouldn't have had a chance to interact with them.

As an NCAA player, he'll always be eligible for the AHL/NHL. It's just a matter of whether he wants to finish schooling or not. Like look at Jordan Schroeder. He wanted to finish his degree before hockey, but halfway through he decided to drop out and join the Moose. It's all McNally's decision.

I think he'll end up finishing his schooling. His father's an FBI (or CIA?) agent, and likely knows the value of good schooling. Mike Gillis may also push him to continue, as intelligence can often translate to hockey sense (just look at Cody Hodgson).

Hansen 36 why dont you leave the moderating up to the moderators. I thought it was a good question and probably would take months to get an answer in the prospects forum............... and it is not your place to tell people where to post so mind your own business cause there are already to many people on here telling people what they should and should not post and what they should and should not believe, I for one hardly post because there are to many wanna be moderators like you,

You're right that Patrick McNally would have gone much higher had he been willing to commit to turning pro within a couple years, but that wasn't the case. After meeting with 18 teams prior to the 2010 draft, he fell to Vancouver in the 4th round because he was a high school junior who had his senior season at Milton Prep School to complete before going to Harvard.

As we all know, Mike Gillis values intelligence and character when acquiring players, and so he wasn't too worried about the 5-6 years it would take for McNally to turn pro given the intelligence already evident in McNally and the education he would get at Harvard.

This is his freshman at Harvard, and you have to imagine that when you go to Harvard, you're going there for the degree ahead of the hockey. So I imagine he'll complete his four years prior to turning pro. His father, after all, is an FBI agent, so this is a young man who likely has dreams of being a great NHLer, and a secondary plan for his life when he retires or doesn't make it as a pro.

As a quick update on his performance so far this year at Harvard, McNally has 15 points (4G, 11A) in 14 games, and all four goals have come on the power play. By all accounts, McNally is adapting easily to the college game and was named the ECAC Rookie of the Month in December. Here's an article that discusses McNally's achievement and includes his stats for the year up to the beginning of January:

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice/2011-12/releases/120103_mcnally_ROM

And here's my own write-up on McNally prior to the season ranking Canucks' prospects:

http://thecanuckleheads.ca/2011/07/22/top-20-canucks-prospects-part-3-of-4/

Guest Dasein

Hansen 36 why dont you leave the moderating up to the moderators. I thought it was a good question and probably would take months to get an answer in the prospects forum............... and it is not your place to tell people where to post so mind your own business cause there are already to many people on here telling people what they should and should not post and what they should and should not believe, I for one hardly post because there are to many wanna be moderators like you,

At least he's polite about it you pompous coon...

While you seem to want to be the moderator of "Wanna-be moderators". Just continue to stop posting. Nobody wants to hear your opinion anyways.

you clearly have never ventured intot he prospects forum, have you?

I, and many others, are active in this subforum and try to answer questions as soon as we read them. In fact, I feel kind of insulted that you would think it would take months to get an answer...

as to McNally and coming into the AHL/NHL, it's his decision on when he wan't to turn pro, and could enter either league as soon as he feels that he wants to leave university, but considering he's going to Harvard, it is unlikely he will leave early, as he's getting a hell of an education (unless he feel's that's just not the life for him and he want to be a professional hockeyplayer).

At least he's polite about it you pompous coon...

While you seem to want to be the moderator of "Wanna-be moderators". Just continue to stop posting. Nobody wants to hear your opinion anyways.

Please refrain from using racial slurs please. Thank you.

Guest Dasein

Please refrain from using racial slurs please. Thank you.

Didn't know "coon" was a racial term...And I still don't think it is, nor did I use it to mean anything racial.

Guest Dasein

it can be, though i doubted you meant to use it that way.

http://answers.yahoo...29161739AAvJlhb

Huh. I didn't know that. I did mean it as a raccoon, but meh.

I had a friend in elementary school who everybody called Coon (in fact, I don't remember his actual name, and he was white), so I didn't think much of it.

Archived