The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

I need a new phone, so I was looking into some blackberrys/blackberries.

I was looking at the 8900, it got pretty good online reviews, not a bad price either.

But what is the best blackberry available? I heard different opinions on the 9700 and 9800, but I dislike their keyboards, is there a good blackberry out that has the keyboards similar to this?

curve6.jpg

I like how the keyboard on this phone is more spaced and by itself, than like other models that are too close together and a bit smaller.

This is the first time I am considering blackberry, I used to own the iphone 3G. Cant afford the new iphone 4.

So what would give me a good wifi/3G and a solid performance by the phone itself?

Thanks for your time, Ill be reading! :)

EDIT:

-Which is good? Bold or curve?

- Is BBM free and how does it work?

I tried the curve out before I got my Bold.. I thought the spaced out keyboards would be better for me but it's not cause they're small compared to the Bold (9000). The "best" BB out there imo right now is the Bold (2) 9700. Currently own one and I'd upgrade if I can find one for the right price. Hope this helps.

Btw for people that wanna join the CDC BBM group, post your pins or pm them to me.

Alright so I lost my iPhone at the PNE a month ago at Triple O's when it fell out of my pocket while eating. (my shorts had really small pockets)

I have been using a crappy loaner phone and now it's time for me to make the decision of what phone I should get next.

All 3 are good phones, but what would you recommend and why?

Does anyone have any experience with any of these phones?

Alright so I lost my iPhone at the PNE a month ago at Triple O's when it fell out of my pocket while eating. (my shorts had really small pockets)

I have been using a crappy loaner phone and now it's time for me to make the decision of what phone I should get next.

All 3 are good phones, but what would you recommend and why?

Does anyone have any experience with any of these phones?

This post merged makes no sense without the poll.

Alright, so I left my bb tour charging on my computer yesterday and I left for the night.

When I came back this afternoon, it was off, had a steady red light and would not turn on.

What do

Alright, so I left my bb tour charging on my computer yesterday and I left for the night.

When I came back this afternoon, it was off, had a steady red light and would not turn on.

What do

happens a lot to mine i dont know why but to fix it

take battery out for about 30 seconds..

make sure u have a wall charger and not a computer charger..

i duno why my computer charger sumtime messes up(alarm doesnt ring and im late like 4 or 5 times a month) :bored:

put the battery back in..

i usualy hold the top sleep button and the power button together..

hahah i duno its just wut i do

it gets the job done

i wana get the bb9800 but the reviews dont look too good

im deciding on gettin either the iphone4 or 3gs..

need sum advice

I have a blackberry bold 9700 rogers unlocked with bell. I don't have data but i dont have a social plan that allows me to go on

facebook, twitter and unlimited IM. I have the facebook and twitter app but it won't let me log in saying "service is temporarily

unavailable". I can only log in going through mobile browser but won't that cause me to use data? Also I cannot add anyone on bbm it just says pending approval.

and vice versa? I bought my blackberry off someone who is trusted but I don't understand what's going on?

HELP!

i wana get the bb9800 but the reviews dont look too good

im deciding on gettin either the iphone4 or 3gs..

need sum advice

hey oh!

Owner of BB 9700. Lovin it. May upgrade to Torch, but I want to try the phone out first.

As for the advice you ask for.

If its iPhone4 vs. 3gs. Def. go with 4. Theres no point in stepping backwards! Move with technology and dont get left behind!!

But IMHO, the best combo out there right now would be the BB 9700 coupled with the new iPod Touch. You get the benefits of facetime, music, amazing video, and iPod games without having to sacrifice connectivity with your friends through the likes of BBM, and IM. SMS is more convenient as well on the BB.

Archived