The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

hey oh!

Owner of BB 9700. Lovin it. May upgrade to Torch, but I want to try the phone out first.

As for the advice you ask for.

If its iPhone4 vs. 3gs. Def. go with 4. Theres no point in stepping backwards! Move with technology and dont get left behind!!

But IMHO, the best combo out there right now would be the BB 9700 coupled with the new iPod Touch. You get the benefits of facetime, music, amazing video, and iPod games without having to sacrifice connectivity with your friends through the likes of BBM, and IM. SMS is more convenient as well on the BB.

haha sory i meant iphone and the 9700/9800

I just switched to the $30 student plan because Rogers doesn't know I have a BB yet.

I'm eligible for a hardware upgrade but not exactly sure what I want (I have the Curve 8900...stupid trackball).

I am very tempted by the iPhone 4. The Torch doesn't look too appealing to me as I'm not a big fan of slider phones. I don't really want a Bold as I feel it's only a minor upgrade from my current phone and my brother already has one.

One option is to get the iPhone 4 for like $170 and sell it on craigslist for upwards of $600.

WHAT TO DO?!

I just switched to the $30 student plan because Rogers doesn't know I have a BB yet.

I'm eligible for a hardware upgrade but not exactly sure what I want (I have the Curve 8900...stupid trackball).

I am very tempted by the iPhone 4. The Torch doesn't look too appealing to me as I'm not a big fan of slider phones. I don't really want a Bold as I feel it's only a minor upgrade from my current phone and my brother already has one.

One option is to get the iPhone 4 for like $170 and sell it on craigslist for upwards of $600.

WHAT TO DO?!

Torch looks like crap but I heard it's a pretty good phone. Both keyboard and touch screen is pretty good. Most "reviews" I've read have said that the slider mechanism is pretty solid. You can't really go wrong with a Bold 9700.. You could always get an Android based phone if that was in your mix. I'd have one already if it weren't for BBM!

I bought a pearl flip from Rogers a year and a half ago under the understanding that I could upgrade after a year.. that magically changed after 8 months to two years and now I am stuck with it until March... piece of ****. I know pretty well every other BB is 10 times the phone this one is though. People here sound pretty satisfied, but then again I have met dozens of people with the iPhone 4 who love it. I have an iPod touch and enjoy that thing immensely. Gonna be a tough decision come march but I don't see what the BB can offer that an ipod or android can't besides BBM.

Trust me.

After getting the LG Shine, you won't want another cell phone. Ever.

Me and my mom both have had a Shine at one point and agree that it's the biggest piece of crap ever. Broke on me wayyy too many times.

I bought a pearl flip from Rogers a year and a half ago under the understanding that I could upgrade after a year.. that magically changed after 8 months to two years and now I am stuck with it until March... piece of ****. I know pretty well every other BB is 10 times the phone this one is though. People here sound pretty satisfied, but then again I have met dozens of people with the iPhone 4 who love it. I have an iPod touch and enjoy that thing immensely. Gonna be a tough decision come march but I don't see what the BB can offer that an ipod or android can't besides BBM.

Don't get a BB if you don't have friends who have one with BBM. I think the best possible combination you can have is a BB in one pocket and an iPod Touch in the other. I think it would be only a little more expensive than getting an iPhone 4 by itself.

Archived