The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

But yet in the other topic you claim we can get a 2nd rounder or a good prospect for Bieksa. Tell me Tatoes, if he is as bad as you claim then why would any team offer up anything. Get your head out of your as% and enjoy the sunshine.

We can get a prospect or a 2nd round for him because, fortunately, there are some "special" people like you and Squish that somehow view him as good when you watch him play. I am just hoping there is a GM in the league like that. Maybe Burke will take him although Phaneuf and Bieksa on the same team might somehow destroy the balance of the universe with their epically poor D. They should add Souray and MA Bergeron too. LOL

We can get a prospect or a 2nd round for him because, fortunately, there are some "special" people like you and Squish that somehow view him as good when you watch him play. I am just hoping there is a GM in the league like that. Maybe Burke will take him although Phaneuf and Bieksa on the same team might somehow destroy the balance of the universe with their epically poor D. They should add Souray and MA Bergeron too. LOL

Were a contending team, in terms of value to the team

Bieksa>2nd rounder/prospect

I'd also like to add that Bieksa is the ONLY defenseman on the team that is +1 through 3 games, despite not scoring any points. Everyone else is 0, and Edler is -1. Sedins are the ONLY forwards that are -1, despite having 4 and 5 points each.

Hmmm... maybe it's the SEDINS who aren't playing defensively???? But noooo... they can't do any wrong... let's just blame Bieksa instead.

Did you just suggest Bieksa > Sedins 2utgv3d.gif2utgv3d.gif2utgv3d.gif2utgv3d.gif2utgv3d.gif

Get a clue buddy.

Were a contending team, in terms of value to the team

Bieksa>2nd rounder/prospect

Believe me. If I truly believed that he could help us win I would be happy to have him on this team. Unfortunately, I truly believe that not having him on the team helps us A LOT. The prospect or the 2nd would be just icing on the cake.

Yes, they can at least retrieve a puck and get it out of the zone in less than the 10 or 20 seconds Bieksa takes. And that is only when his partner runs a pick for him.

This just shows that you are extremely biased against Bieksa. Its one thing to not like the guy, but its another to be completely blind, and ignorant when it comes to judging ability. Bieksa is a legitimate NHL player, those guys are not (Parent/Connauton yet)

This just shows that you are extremely biased against Bieksa. Its one thing to not like the guy, but its another to be completely blind, and ignorant when it comes to judging ability. Bieksa is a legitimate NHL player, those guys are not (Parent/Connauton yet)

Yes Parent and Connauton would need to hone their skills. But right off the bat they would have better puck handling and decision making skills. They'd also probably be better positionally, take less penalties, be stronger on their man and have a better time handling players along the wall. Wait, what are we arguing?

Oh and in the case of Rome it isn't even debatable. Rome is head and shoulders better than Bieksa when you consider he makes 3 million less.

you are a sorry excuse for a canuck fan and a retard.. he really hasnt been that bad this year. ive seen alot of other players make the same mistakes and nothing is said. anyone who thinks we are a better team with rome or parent in place of him is also a retard. we lost last night because of a defensive collapse from the whole team, not just bieksa. someone points out a bad play from a player and all you dipcraps start a whole new cut him loose bandwagon and analyse every move that one player makes. its happened with the sedins for F*** sakes. i believe i read on here before"trade them for kovalchuck"??.. like we really want that a**hole lol.

my point being.. you guys arent the general managers and coaches cus you dont know sh*t and would make impulse moves that would turn us into the florida panthers.

Often they're synonomous.

You can argue about his cap hit, but why not spend all the way to the cap? Gillis/Gilman will figure things out, so as fans we really shouldn't worry about the cap. Did anyone here know what we would have to do to get under the cap? No, but Gilman and MG did.

Actually alot of people here did know.

Salo had to be on the roster before he can be placed on LTIR. That's why you saw hodgson, lack, sweatt on the opening roster so that the Canucks could get close to the max cap limit. I think they were only about $20k off from the cap limit. Once the roster was accepted...Salo was immediately placed on the LTIR and Canucks got about $3.5M cap relief (ie. allowed ot go over the cap about that amount). Then we saw Schaefer signed. Some brought up and other sent to the minors.

Now when Salo gets back to the NHL...the Canucks have to be cap compliant. Which means the Canucks have to get rid of $3.5M from somewhere. Bieksa is the CDC choice since he makes $3.75M and is not a MG acquisition. Gilman was creative in getting the opening roster accepted. But he can't magically make the Canucks get more cap space.

Some one will have to go when Salo returns. And rumors are that Bieksa is that person.

I am not blind or biased. Just watch when Bieksa is defending while skating backwards next time. All the opposing team has to do is chip it by him into the corner and 9 out of 10 times they will have the advantage over Bieksa when they both reach the boards together. Do you really want that type of player on this team?

Did you just suggest Bieksa > Sedins 2utgv3d.gif2utgv3d.gif2utgv3d.gif2utgv3d.gif2utgv3d.gif

Get a clue buddy.

Wow... just wow... your level of stupidity is unfathomable. Ya... that's exactly what I was saying. Maybe you should have paid more attention to your grade school teachers when they were teaching reading comprehension. Or maybe you haven't reached that yet?

Nice attempt at a rebuttal though; really, you are gooooood. :picard:

Yes Parent and Connauton would need to hone their skills. But right off the bat they would have better puck handling and decision making skills. They'd also probably be better positionally, take less penalties, be stronger on their man and have a better time handling players along the wall. Wait, what are we arguing?

Oh and in the case of Rome it isn't even debatable. Rome is head and shoulders better than Bieksa when you consider he makes 3 million less.

Yes, because that's why they're on the Moose and not on the Canucks, right? We'd rather have our GOOD defensemen playing in the AHL rather than on the team that matters. AV and MG know nothing!!

My goodness just please stop posting, its embarrassing that you're a Canucks fan.

Wow... just wow... your level of stupidity is unfathomable. Ya... that's exactly what I was saying. Maybe you should have paid more attention to your grade school teachers when they were teaching reading comprehension. Or maybe you haven't reached that yet?

Nice attempt at a rebuttal though; really, you are gooooood. :picard:

Sarcasm you idiot. Hence the overkill on the shocked faces...

Obviously no one here is going to rag on the Sedins. They rarely if ever f*ck up. Bieksa does every night.

+1

Weaver is better than Bieksa even and that guy is tiny. Where is he now anyways? Still with St Louis?

Yes, because that's why they're on the Moose and not on the Canucks, right? We'd rather have our GOOD defensemen playing in the AHL rather than on the team that matters. AV and MG know nothing!!

My goodness just please stop posting, its embarrassing that you're a Canucks fan.

If Bieksa was on the Moose or playing minimal minutes for the Canucks what could we get for him? He's still an asset playing the minutes he does. Unfortunately, we have to watch...

+1

Weaver is better than Bieksa even and that guy is tiny. Where is he now anyways? Still with St Louis?

Weaver just played against us... he's on the Cats...

THere is no way Weaver comes close to Bieksa. Look at their career stats... Bieksa is an Assistant Captain on the Canucks... weaker is way too small and not physical enough. Bieksa is MILES better than that guy. :|

it's true. bieksa does have some pretty decent qualities. he is tough as nails and will stick up for his teammates. he will always jump in if there's a scrum. that's one think i like about bieksa! :D :towel:

Weaver just played against us... he's on the Cats...

THere is no way Weaver comes close to Bieksa. Look at their career stats... Bieksa is an Assistant Captain on the Canucks... weaker is way too small and not physical enough. Bieksa is MILES better than that guy. :|

He was most likely given an "A" in an attempt to motivate the guy to stop being an idiot on ice. I think his entire issue is confidence. He is trying too hard to do too much and messes crap up as a result.

Archived