The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The dunk contest use to be huge. All the stars would be in it, every year. The best of the best. The NBA saw this, and rolled with it. But then they thought it might be better to get other people and other teams popular.. the thing was, as much as you could say it was the talent of the last few years that was lacking in dunks, there's only so many ways to dunk a ball, and almost all of the best ways have been done. It's more or less all about props now. Just kind of a double fail. NBA trying to get people besides stars in + loss of creativity/ability to be creative in general = stars don't really want to be apart of a sinking ship event. It's a huge joke now. I was more entertained by the last NHL all star festivities.. and that says a lot. Because the NHL stuff has always been pretty bland and boring.

I am a firm beleiver the NHL and NBA should take the MLB's approach. Make it mean something. Home advantage goes to the winning side in the finals. I think that's what the MLB did, and that's what I think it should be anyway. Makes everyone try, because home advantage is important in every sport. Not a boring ass TV event that you only really watch these days if nothing else is on.

Timberwolves up for sale.

Perhaps the Aquilini bros should consider buying that team?

It would be nice to have Rubio and Love playing for our city.

Stern has declared that he would love for the NBA to be back here.

l know the Grizzlies saga left a really bad taste in our mouth,

but Vancouver is a good sports city and basketball is ever growing in Canada,

especially if Wiggins finally enters the league.

Plus, the T'Wolves is significantly better than the Raptors. B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived