The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Yeah, I think it's working. I wasn't sure. Sometimes you have to play for a bit to find out. But there is the odd glitch occasionally with lighting and one of my lighting mods (traveling lantern). But it also occurs with the vanilla torch, so I dunno. nbd really

Finally grabbed SKyrim during Steam's winter sale for 50% off. Loving this game on PC.

Installed a whole whack of mods that enhance the visuals of the game. What mods do you PC users use? Any ENB you guys seem to prefer?

I've taken some pretty beautiful screenshots in Skyrim. Everything is so beautiful, it's hard not to.

2cyo2vl.jpg

104kpz5.jpg

5dlzqp.jpg

11cefwg.jpg

2ls8p4n.jpg

j97mdl.jpg

2qm1zjb.jpg

mcru45.jpg

o8h0ew.jpg

20p1r8g.jpg

25hmgx3.jpg

2r72gzq.jpg

4km9.jpg

2cx7r7m.jpg

abjgl.jpg

2cgbwap.jpg

Guest Gumballthechewy

Why do I like console gaming? It is so limiting.

It's cheaper?

That's why I console game, but man, if I was rich it would be PC in heartbeat.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Has anybody been playing Dragonborn for PC? I haven't gotten it yet (still working on finishing the main game and Dawnguard). Any good?

I got it for Xbox (I assume there's no difference in gameplay, but I could be wrong) and it's really fun, I liked it better than Dawnguard and I liked Dawnguard a lot. They made Solstheim a very interesting place, I enjoyed exploring it and questing across it.

I really liked the parts with the bl- ...

Never mind!

:bigblush:

I got it for Xbox (I assume there's no difference in gameplay, but I could be wrong) and it's really fun, I liked it better than Dawnguard and I liked Dawnguard a lot. They made Solstheim a very interesting place, I enjoyed exploring it and questing across it.

I really liked the parts with the bl- ...

Never mind!

:bigblush:

The black women?

those screenshots have pretty much convinced me to buy skyrim for pc

next time it's on sale, of course

Cool. Yeah Skyrim on PC >>>>>>> Skyrim on console. I grabbed Skyrim during Valve's Winter sale, and am really glad I did.

These are the mods I have installed:

Skyrim 2K Textures

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Skyrim Bigger Trees

Lush Trees

Lush Grass

Matso Immersive Sun

W.A.T.E.R.

Enhanced Night SKyrim

That's ICE

Enhanced Blood Textures

Lanterns of Skyrim

Better Dynamic Snow

Realistic Smoke and Embers

aMidianBorn Book of Silence (weapon and armor textures)

AOF Realistic Hair

Guard Dialogue Overhaul

Player Headtracking

SkyUI

Immersive HUD

A Quality World Map

The Wilds ENB

ENB is post-processing, stuff like SSAO, FXAA, SSIL, or DOF. There are different ones, and you should mess around with different ones to see which ones you like. Some have more saturated colors, some are more attune to the vanilla cyan-colored game.

None of the mods I listed actually add content or anything, they just change the way the game looks.

Other mods that people use are things like ApachiiSkyHair (adds hairstyles), Immersive Armors (adds more lore-friendly armors), Immersive Weapons (adds lore-friendly weapons), or mods to change the body-shapes and faces and whatnot.

PS3 DLC: Dragonborn confirmed for 2/12 release in N. America. Hearthfire on 2/19. Dawnguard on 2/26. Still waiting on dates for Europe.

Reg. price is $20 for DB and DG, $5 for HF. First week of release, each will be 50% off. So $10 for DB/DG and $2.50 for HF.

Reposting since DB will be released tomorrow, supposedly.

Dual HD 5850s don't handle those mods nearly as well as I'd hoped. No AA and still dipping to 30 fps = :(

Damn, was that with everything I listed?

If you're having fps issues, you could do away with the ENB, and install some of the other stuff and then use Realistic Lighting Mod instead.

The biggest fps hit will come from all the post-processing from the ENB.

There are also other ENBs out there that are built for performance, or have performance settings, like Sharpshooter's ENB, or Cinematic Lighting ENB. Also, you can disable Depth of Field (DOF) or lower some of the other post-processing effects such as anti-aliasing or ambient occlusion.

If you're having trouble with FPS, I would give this a try:

Skyrim 2K Textures

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Skyrim Bigger Trees

Lush Trees

Lush Grass

Matso Immersive Sun

W.A.T.E.R.

Enhanced Night SKyrim

That's ICE

Enhanced Blood Textures

Lanterns of Skyrim

Better Dynamic Snow

Realistic Smoke and Embers

SkyUI

Immersive HUD

A Quality World Map

Realistic Lighting Mod

All of those together shouldn't produce much of an fps drop. 30 frames is still very much playable for a game like this, as long as you're not dipping below that.

If you're not running an ENB, I would suggest going into your video card settings and then upping the AA and filtering from there, as well as turning ambient occlusion on. Nvidia has a guide online to get better results from Skyrim, but as you're running AMD cards, it won't be exactly the same but there will definitely be equivalent settings.

Archived