The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

LOL a guard came caught me in the outskirts of Markarth and I decided to go to jail for once. I ended up inside Markarth, and as I walked around this guy pulls out a knife and yells something. He starts walking toward this girl and fatally stabs her! The guards come and kill the murderer, and everyone comes in trying to figure out what happened. This whole time I was behind the murderer's back, not in front of him. Weird perspective but whatevs. I wonder the decisions we make in situations like these will influence the outcome of the game...

i was too slow to kill that murderer as well. That "cutscene" is also the beginning of a quest if i'm not wrong.

i was too slow to kill that murderer as well. That "cutscene" is also the beginning of a quest if i'm not wrong.

It's a scripted event the first time you enter Markarth. It leads to a quest, started by one of the bystanders. It's quite enjoyable, however I had some major glitches after I completed it. Seems like all the people in Markarth now get reset to a certain location every time I travel there. Everyone seems to be in the Marketplace area, then they move to their assigned positions for whatever time it is. It's kinda weird. Not that big of a deal though.

This may be a dumb question, so please forgive my noobiness, but I was wondering what a good way to make money is?

Oh, and I'm only level 10.

Alright so if you dont mind using exploits...

There is this dungeon in the mountain range directly south and a little to the left of winterhold. Its called the "SIghtless Pit" I believe...Basically, if you DONT go inside, but you walk around and to the top of the hill...there will be a skeleton there. Kill the skele, and search him. He will have a "Book of Oblivion". But dont pick it up....exit the search menu...now hit it again..he will have 2 of them..keep repeating and pick up like 100, go back to town, sell, and re-do. If your speech is high enough it will be about 50 gold per book.

GG

Now, if u have PC just console command gold in...if you have morals, then dont. :P

If you didnt quite understand the Book of Oblivion thing, then search it on youtube, many great videos.

This may be a dumb question, so please forgive my noobiness, but I was wondering what a good way to make money is?

Just go dungeon or cave exploring and bring a companion along. Pick up anything that is worth something and give it to the companion. Once you've had enough go somewhere and sell the items.

Later on in the game you will have plenty of gold.

Smithing and enchanting.

Mine for iron ore, smelt the ore into iron ingots, kill deer/wolves and get hides, turn the hides into leather and the leather into strips, then make iron daggers. If you need help figuring out how to do it, most of the people at armor shops with forges and the like will give you a tutorial.

Once you have the iron daggers, you can enchant it so it does some extra damage. This makes the daggers worth way, way more gold. Enchanting is a bit more difficult to understand if you haven't played the game before. I believe the mage guy in Whiterun up at Dragonsreach with the stupid accent will give you a tutorial on how to do it.

Was travelling in the open world, and I accidentally triggered awake a Deadra. A really powerful one too. I was severely outclassed as it was able to in one shot, wipe out almost half my health (with those ice crystals that slow you down and stop you from running too). And as I was figuring out a way to get out of this, a freakin dragon starts hovering overhead and starts spraying some blue fire (frost?) at me. And next thing you know I'm in a three-way battle with a Deadra and a Dragon. Needless to say, that's pretty damn epic, lol.

I say three-way battle, but I'm not entirely sure they were trading shots with each other, so it may have been more of a 2 vs. 1. I was also pretty unlucky in that I brought a weakish follower along in Lydia, that housecarl from Whiterun. Partway through the fight she disappears from the combat, and I'm assuming she was killed and flung off the platform we were fighting on. So in a panic I just sprinted off, but only the Dragon followed. While fighting him briefly, we stumble into a small group of bandits. Realizing they're now distracting him, I circle back to the Deadra, who for some reason has 2/3 of his health missing (wasn't me lol). So by running around in circles, hiding a bit, and wasting a lot of potions, I was able to just barely finish him off.

Then I turn my attention back to the dragon, who is now fighting Lydia, who after all this is still somehow alive, lol. It was pretty strong for a dragon, but I managed to beat it with a sliver of health to spare... And after all that, just as it's falling to the ground, a surprise surviving bandit shoots me with an arrow. I barely survived (I think I had < 5 hp left), and then made quick work of him. Would've been really sad if the battle had ended with that. Or maybe not. If you think about it, for a battle between the dragon born, a deadra, and a dragon, to have had "bandit #3" come out the victor is a whole different kind of impressive.

I'm pretty sure that's how all of it played out, it's kind of a blur now. Was just happy in the end I managed to miraculously get through it all that without dying once.

Was travelling in the open world, and I accidentally triggered awake a Deadra. A really powerful one too. I was severely outclassed as it was able to in one shot, wipe out almost half my health (with those ice crystals that slow you down and stop you from running too). And as I was figuring out a way to get out of this, a freakin dragon starts hovering overhead and starts spraying some blue fire (frost?) at me. And next thing you know I'm in a three-way battle with a Deadra and a Dragon. Needless to say, that's pretty damn epic, lol.

I say three-way battle, but I'm not entirely sure they were trading shots with each other, so it may have been more of a 2 vs. 1. I was also pretty unlucky in that I brought a weakish follower along in Lydia, that housecarl from Whiterun. Partway through the fight she disappears from the combat, and I'm assuming she was killed and flung off the platform we were fighting on. So in a panic I just sprinted off, but only the Dragon followed. While fighting him briefly, we stumble into a small group of bandits. Realizing they're now distracting him, I circle back to the Deadra, who for some reason has 2/3 of his health missing (wasn't me lol). So by running around in circles, hiding a bit, and wasting a lot of potions, I was able to just barely finish him off.

Then I turn my attention back to the dragon, who is now fighting Lydia, who after all this is still somehow alive, lol. It was pretty strong for a dragon, but I managed to beat it with a sliver of health to spare... And after all that, just as it's falling to the ground, a surprise surviving bandit shoots me with an arrow. I barely survived (I think I had < 5 hp left), and then made quick work of him. Would've been really sad if the battle had ended with that. Or maybe not. If you think about it, for a battle between the dragon born, a deadra, and a dragon, to have had "bandit #3" come out the victor is a whole different kind of impressive.

I'm pretty sure that's how all of it played out, it's kind of a blur now. Was just happy in the end I managed to miraculously get through it all that without dying once.

Lol I love moments like this.

I was in Sovngarde and had to face a Frost Dragon, Elder Dragon, 2 Draugr Deathlords, and a Dragon Priest at the same time. I basically ran into this one tower as they all got stuck in this doorway as I picked them off. I love the bad things about this game get me through some very tough times.

Oh yeah I got the dog Barbas to follow me around, man he's so annoying, whenever you stand still he keeps running into you and pushing you lol. Also I hate when I'm in a corner looking at stuff he comes behind you and gets you trapped. At one point it literally took me 5 minutes to get out :|

Btw can your followers/dog die? It seems like my follower doesn't die, instead he can heal himself when he gets very low and Barbas... just doesn't seem to get hurt... lol. I like how Barbas just runs up to the enemies and starts attacking them while i just sit back and pick them off :P

Oh yeah I got the dog Barbas to follow me around, man he's so annoying, whenever you stand still he keeps running into you and pushing you lol. Also I hate when I'm in a corner looking at stuff he comes behind you and gets you trapped. At one point it literally took me 5 minutes to get out :|

Btw can your followers/dog die? It seems like my follower doesn't die, instead he can heal himself when he gets very low and Barbas... just doesn't seem to get hurt... lol. I like how Barbas just runs up to the enemies and starts attacking them while i just sit back and pick them off :P

They can only die by friendly fire, so be careful with shouts and the like when they're on the ground. I think they can also die if they fall off a cliff, or if many enemies are attacking them at the same time. If you need them to get out of the way, sprint into them and they back off a bit. Sometimes you need to sprint into them a lot of times.

BARBAS DOESN"T DIE!!!! I had him following me for a little bit, but noticed that he is pretty much a tank and will kill nearly anything for you. As long as you don't complete that Daedric quest he can pretty much be your indestructible companion. He's been a big help for me. I'm a vampire so during the day I'm practically screwed as my health, magic, and stamina don't regenerate. Barbas has saved me on so many occasions, and just like you I sit back and pick them off with my arrows.

The only downside is that he ruins your stealth game (that is, if you're a stealth character) and that he'll attack anything that poses a threat.

Guest gumballthechewy

I spent a good ten minutes looking up at the sky in Sovngarde.

Oh me too! I made a save there just so I could go back and look whenever! :)

Archived