im not sure if i calculated everything right, but i think an anaheim and stars regulation wins in their final games will leave me very pleased.
then everything will depend on the blackhawks game. if chicago wins, we face la first round, if they lose, we face dallas.
personally, id prefer to play la or dallas instead of anaheim or chicago.
The Blackhawks game will be over by the time the Dallas or Anaheim games start. If Chicago gets even one point, then Dallas' game becomes meaningless. On the otherhand, a Chicago regulation loss, and the Duck's game becomes meaningless.
When I say win, I mean any type of win, and when I say loss, I mean any type of loss.
1. Chicago win + Anaheim win = LA first round
2. Chicago win + Anaheim loss = Anaheim first round
3. Chicago OT/shootout loss + Anaheim regulation win = LA first round
4. Chicago OT/shootout loss + Anaheim OT/shootout anything= Chicago first round
5. Chicago OT/shootout loss + Anaheim regulation loss=Anaheim first round
6. Chicago regulation loss + Dallas ROW win= Dallas first round
7. Chicago regulation loss + Dallas shootout win= Chicago first round
8. Chicago regulation loss + Dallas loss= Chicago first round
Edit: I read the schedule wrong. The Anaheim game is on Saturday, then the Chicago game early on Sunday, followed by the Dallas game which is the last game of the regular season. So we'll actually know the Anaheim result first which will eliminate some scenarios, though not as many as if the Chicago game came first.
Edited by Wellwoodrulez, 09 April 2011 - 09:06 AM.