The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

I'm level 23, the highest legit player I have seen so far is 27. I don't really like the Jet maps at the moment, especially if you land on that team who only want to camp the Jet spawn...thanks for being such awesome teammates, hope you get shot down in 2 seconds.

They're pretty useful for taking out other jets or choppers. They can be pretty good at taking out tanks/vehicles too, but it's a lot easier if someone spots them for you.

Flying helis is hard for me because the horizontal axis is inverted. Anyone know if there's a way to change this? Maybe I didn't look closely enough. It was a lot easier in BC2. :frantic:

Ever since I started playing Team Deathmatch the other day, I just couldn't stop. It's not just an easy way to level up, the mode is actually chaotically fun with destructible objects and buildings (including tents, so no one is camping). My fragging skills have also been improved noticeably and my K/D ratio got a 50% boost as a result while my accuracy is now approaching 20%.

A fun story I had with TDM is that I gunned down almost half of the enemy team with only a pistol as I killed 8 of them in a span of 40 seconds or so to start the match with an 8-0 record. I was spawned as a recon upstairs in one of those apartment buildings in Seine Crossing where the interior is very dim-lit. Ran downstairs and saw 2 bad guys spawning in a corner. I drew out my flashlight M1911 and started riddling my victims. But as I finished them off, more approached from the doorway and fired upon me almost immediately, so I had to run upstairs and reload. Then I picked them off one by one as they chased me in the stairwell. However they were in a very confused state because of the flashlight and to add to the surprise package I tossed a nade which bought me some seconds to reload. But I did end up biting the bullet as the ninth dude came rusing in :(.

crowded, dark space + flashlight weapons = win

I just saw a player with a golden emblem. I'm guessing this is max level?

Battlefield 3 week-one sales top 5 million

EA and DICE's modern military shooter logs company-best quintuple-platinum global sell-through figures since hitting shelves October 25.

Electronic Arts' opening salvo in the Battlefield-versus-Call of Duty conflict landed in resounding fashion, when the publisher announced last week that Battlefield 3 first-week retail shipments totaled 10 million. With EA claiming that retail reorders for Battlefield 3 are coming in steadily, the publisher announced today that the game has sold through to consumers some 5 million units globally during its first week of availability.

Battlefield 3's standing army has topped 5 million. Battlefield 3 now holds EA's record for fastest-selling game, the publisher said. The modern-day first-person shooter earned critical praise following its October 25 launch for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

In its announcement, EA also recognized reports of server instability following the game's launch. However, citing internal figures, the publisher said that "servers and service uptime" came out to around 98.9 percent throughout the weekend. EA also said that its online servers experienced their highest-ever usage rates during the game's first weekend.

Last week, Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter predicted Battlefield 3 will sell 8 million units this year alone. While that figure is impressive relative to most games' totals, Pachter believes it will be eclipsed by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The analyst has projected that Activision's entrant into the FPS field will sell 16 million units this year.

Ever since I started playing Team Deathmatch the other day, I just couldn't stop. It's not just an easy way to level up, the mode is actually chaotically fun with destructible objects and buildings (including tents, so no one is camping). My fragging skills have also been improved noticeably and my K/D ratio got a 50% boost as a result while my accuracy is now approaching 20%.

A fun story I had with TDM is that I gunned down almost half of the enemy team with only a pistol as I killed 8 of them in a span of 40 seconds or so to start the match with an 8-0 record. I was spawned as a recon upstairs in one of those apartment buildings in Seine Crossing where the interior is very dim-lit. Ran downstairs and saw 2 bad guys spawning in a corner. I drew out my flashlight M1911 and started riddling my victims. But as I finished them off, more approached from the doorway and fired upon me almost immediately, so I had to run upstairs and reload. Then I picked them off one by one as they chased me in the stairwell. However they were in a very confused state because of the flashlight and to add to the surprise package I tossed a nade which bought me some seconds to reload. But I did end up biting the bullet as the ninth dude came rusing in :(.

crowded, dark space + flashlight weapons = win

Archived