The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

BF3 is a modern mix between BF2 and BC2. FPS's have changed and it would make no sense for them to make a game exactly like one that was released like 7 years ago. You can also thank the popularity of consoles for dumbing the game down even more.

As to the lack of communication... do you play on PC or console?

BF3 is a modern mix between BF2 and BC2. FPS's have changed and it would make no sense for them to make a game exactly like one that was released like 7 years ago. You can also thank the popularity of consoles for dumbing the game down even more.

As to the lack of communication... do you play on PC or console?

I'm not saying it's bad. But I was being serious.

I just, I guess.. Kinda expected more out of BF3. Game play is exactly the same as BFBC2 except they added more vehicles and planes. After playing till level 25, and having experienced many servers... I've found that there's a extreme lack of teamwork and communication. It just seems everything is silent and everyone is just running around doing their own thing....

It just seems that the Developers improved graphics significantly but ignored new innovations that would make the game better in terms of gameplay.

If anyone is deciding to buy BF3 OR MW3, I would recommend MW3. BF3 is the exact same thing as BFBC2..

After a nice first week of playing I am now absolutely bored of the multilayer. The campaign was also terrible,

At least if MW3's multiplayer becomes disappointing you still have a good campaign to fall to.

This is coming from a guy that has always been a BF fan. I never liked the COD franchise.

I decided to try out BF3 over MW3 this year (I may end up getting MW3 still).

For the first week, the multi-player was extremely fun especially with vehicles; After that, it has slowly become more and more boring..

I don't seem to get the same "rush" as I do when I play COD, maybe because in COD you have to work for kill streaks in order to control vehicles and what not. BF3 just seems so repetitive because it's easy to use any vehicle you want and there's no incentive to it. Don't get me wrong.. its an incredible game, but for myself, I much prefer working towards rewards that will put me on an advantage above everyone else - that's the rush I get from COD.

I've played BF2 before and it was one of my favourite FPS shooters, but I just don't seem satisfied this time around.

I'm only hoping Rush isn't as bad as you guys said it was, because that's what I found so awesome about BC2 was the Rush mode. With friends, it felt like you had to strategize (with shenanigans mixed in) to succeed. When it was easy, the reward you felt was from sheer coordinated domination. When it was tough, the reward you felt was from gritty determination.

I remember one day, me and my friends took Valparaiso, which had a lot of objectives, in no time at all we just didn't ease up and thought out each set of objectives. Later that day, we played Valparaiso again, but it was against a much better team. We would take each set of objectives with, at the most, 14 tickets remaining. The last set we got both objectives finally armed with 7 tickets left and the final bomb went off with 1 measly ticket remaining on the counter. That was a helluva lot of fun.

If Rush has been screwed up, than the staying power of BF3 might not be the same, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless.

I decided to try out BF3 over MW3 this year (I may end up getting MW3 still).

For the first week, the multi-player was extremely fun especially with vehicles; After that, it has slowly become more and more boring..

I don't seem to get the same "rush" as I do when I play COD, maybe because in COD you have to work for kill streaks in order to control vehicles and what not. BF3 just seems so repetitive because it's easy to use any vehicle you want and there's no incentive to it. Don't get me wrong.. its an incredible game, but for myself, I much prefer working towards rewards that will put me on an advantage above everyone else - that's the rush I get from COD.

I've played BF2 before and it was one of my favourite FPS shooters, but I just don't seem satisfied this time around.

Archived