Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

post your olympic roster in 2014

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Stamkos Crosby Iginla
Perry Toews Nash
Couture Giroux Eberle
Tavares Bergeron Benn
Briere

Weber Letang
Doughty Keith
Pietrangelo Girardi
Subban

Price
Loungo
Ward

Unless Iginla is a total mess I can't see him missing the cut he is way to consistant and has always been great for us internationally. Nash is a bit of a darkhorse for me but he plays so well in open ice that I would think he will make the team. Briere is way too good in pressure situations to not have as a 13th forward, 47 goals 103pts in 98 playoff games... Small forwards but Iginla, Perry, Nash, Couture can all lay on the body and Giroux, Toews, and Bergeron are all excellent shut down guys I don't think size is such an issue.

Girardi is a bit of a question mark but I like his tendancy to block shots and he really stepped up this last year in the post season. Subban is too skilled to leave off the roster, only Letang has more creativity and offensive ability than him IMO.

I have no idea who starts and who finishes in net for Canada, Lou gets the automatic invite and I think Price is the best of all other options. I like Ward more than Fleury and don't think Smith or Elliott are legit. Holtby could be a darkhorse but so hard to tell.

#32 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Tavares - Crosby - Stamkos
Richards - Toews - Nash
Eberle - Giroux - Perry
E. Stall - J. Stall - Skinner
Bergeron

Keith - Doughty
Letang - Weber
Murray/Hamhuis/Myers - Pietrangelo

Price
Luongo
Ward

Considerations:
That first line will have one major task: score. I think Crosby with Stamkos is going to be deadly, and I would also put Giroux in that line, but after the last playoffs, Tavares may be a better fit. The second line was arguably the best one in 2010, so just keep it like that, all of them are capable and should make the team. Third line is a bit of everything: Eberle knows how to score, Giroux is a fantastic playmaker, and Perry a two-way foward who has great size and skill. The fourth is a bet, since we don't know how well they will be playing in Carolina. It's just like the San Jose line in the last olympics, but I can see Bergeron, Seguin and Benn in that line as well.

Keith and Doughty were fantastic in 2010, just keep them together. Letang knows how to control the puck in the blue line and is a great offensive d-man, while Weber has one heck of a shot and is beast in the defense. Pietrangelo is a lock, the only question to me is who will be his pair. Hamhuis is ready, he will shut down guys. Murray and Myers may be ready, we don't know how good they will be since they're still developing. I bet Murray will be like Doughty, he'll be good enough after 2 seasons.

Goaltending is what it is. Price will start, and Luongo, partially because he won the gold medal, will be the back up. If anything goes wrong, Ward is capable of assuming any of those roles.

#33 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,691 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

Stamkos - Crosby - Giroux
Duchene - Toews - Tavares
J. Staal - E. Staal - Perry
Lucic - Bergeron - Eberle

Seguin, Hall, Henrique, Getzlaf, Burrows

Weber - Pietrangelo
Subban - Seabrook
Hamhuis - Doughty

Keith, Myers

Price
Luongo
Fleury

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 08 October 2012 - 02:11 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#34 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Stamkos / Crosby / Giroux
Nash / Toews / M. Richards
Perry / Tavares / Eberle
E. Staal / Bergeron / J. Staal
ex. Nugent-Hopkins, Getzlaf, Lucic, Duchene

Keith / Doughty
Pietrangelo / Weber
Letang / Seabrook
ex. Myers, Hamhuis.

Price
Luongo
Smith / Ward.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#35 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby - Steven Stamkos
Jonathan Toews - Claude Giroux - Jordan Eberle
Eric Staal - Mike Richards - Jeff Carter
Alex Burrows - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Patrice Bergeron

Dan Hamhuis - Shea Weber
Dion Phaneuf - Alex Pietrangelo
Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
Drew Doughty

Roberto Luongo
Carey Price
Marc-André Fleury

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#36 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Tavares will be just as good if not better than Giroux in 2 years.

Just my opinion though.

Posted Image

#37 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Gary Bettman and the Owners will probably not allow players under contracts to participate in upcoming Olympics, because Owners are selfish.

But for some reason, people feel it's always the players faults.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 08 October 2012 - 04:41 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#38 GarrettFindlayHockey

GarrettFindlayHockey

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Jarome will most likely stay around until 2014 for the hope to make the team. yzerman likes to have leadership and veterans. iginla will play the role that neidermeyer played in 2010. he will also still be good in 2 years at age 37.

Edited by GarrettFindlayHockey, 08 October 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#39 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

E.STAAL CROSBY STAMKOS
KANE GIROUX TAVARES
NASH TOEWS SEGUIN
HALL J.STAAL PERRY

PHANEUF WEBER
KEITH DOUGHTY
HAMHUIS PIETRANGELO

PRICE
LUONGO

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.