The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

hiigins-raymond

fearlessfred

You don't seriously get the irony of making fun of a guy's name, insinuating that he is 10 years old, when your name is AWESOME POSSUM, and your signature is actually a cartoon possum?

My name is a reference to an ex-Canuck who had a very respectable career.

Your name recalls the time you noticed that "Awesome" rhymes with "Possum".

Surely I'm not the only one who notice the irony?

You don't seriously get the irony of making fun of a guy's name, insinuating that he is 10 years old, when your name is AWESOME POSSUM, and your signature is actually a cartoon possum?

Great topic, good food for thought here I don't where to begin with these excellent points you have made. /sarcasm

Besides Raymond not pulling his weight what exactly makes you think Hiiiiiigins, and his 23 points, is an upgrade over Raymond?

I agree with you 100%. I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as mature "Awesome Possum" posted. And I don't get the "lol" at your dave babych name.....

ANYWHO,

Higgins will not be an upgrade on Raymond....and here's why:

Stats:

Higgins: 48GP 11G 12A 23PTS

Raymond: 52GP 10G 21A 31PTS

Let's not forget how import assists are. Mason has set up his teammates a lot, which is generated by his speed. Having that kind of speed in the playoffs will really be helpful. Higgins is an aging, injury plagued player that is on the decline. While he still will contribute (experience, pushing raymond, etc) Raymond is without a doubt, the guy I would have, if I had to choose between them.

Their salary on the other hand is a different story. That why I HATE arbitration after a one time break out year. It'll be interesting to see how Raymond will play over the next 19 games.

You don't seriously get the irony of making fun of a guy's name, insinuating that he is 10 years old, when your name is AWESOME POSSUM, and your signature is actually a cartoon possum? My name is a reference to an ex-Canuck who had a very respectable career.

I'm looking forward to Higgins, and while this will push Raymond, I also think this could lighten the pressure on him to produce, knowing that there is a guy ready to step in. It may just get him to simplify his game, not squeeze that stick so tight, and maybe some minutes off the 2nd line will do him some good.

It's certainly hard to see whether Higgins will be an upgrade yet, and we'll probably know in about a weeks time when he's ready to step into the lineup. A fresh start hopefully will be good for him, but we never know with stuff like chemistry.

Whatever, I'm just glad there'll be less OMFG TR4DE RAYMONDZ threads for the time being :P

Archived