The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Hilarious game to watch the ref is just letting the game get outta hand, Obrien just picked up Lenhart (the guy with terrible curly hair) by the back of his jersey and he just lost his crap

I thought the first 70 minutes were kind of herky-jerky. But the last twenty were a hoot.

Interesting tactical decision by San Jose - what do you do when some of your players have traction problems? Pull two of them off the field at the same time to change their shoes and play shorthanded for a couple of minutes. Thank you, San Jose!

Hertzog scores his first goal as a Cap, so I'll forgive him for those weird sleeves he wears.

Loved the way Reo-Coker bowled over that San Jose player. Haven't seen a hit like that since the NFL season.

I thought that take-down on Camilo deserved a penalty kick.

How the ball stayed out of the Caps net in the final minute is a mystery. Looked like a pinball game there for awhile.

I thought the first 70 minutes were kind of herky-jerky. But the last twenty were a hoot.

Interesting tactical decision by San Jose - what do you do when some of your players have traction problems? Pull two of them off the field at the same time to change their shoes and play shorthanded for a couple of minutes. Thank you, San Jose!

Hertzog scores his first goal as a Cap, so I'll forgive him for those weird sleeves he wears.

Loved the way Reo-Coker bowled over that San Jose player. Haven't seen a hit like that since the NFL season.

I thought that take-down on Camilo deserved a penalty kick.

How the ball stayed out of the Caps net in the final minute is a mystery. Looked like a pinball game there for awhile.

I watched many replays of it, from different angles, I agree with the refs decision not to award him the penalty shot

I watched many replays of it, from different angles, I agree with the refs decision not to award him the penalty shot

Do you have a link to the replay? I only saw it as it happened and the one replay during the game. Granted, Camilo has a tendency to dive, but I thought this time was legit.

Caps 1 RSL 1

This is getting monotonous.

Every game seems to involve missed opportunities.

What do the Caps have to do to get a player who can put the ball into the net - not over the net, not just passed the net, but into the net!

Seven goals in six games. Good grief.

On the bright side, they've only allowed seven goals in six games. And that is the story of the Caps so far this season. Their goaltending is good, their defense is solid. But the midfield is, I would say, merely adequate. And their forwards are suspect.

Hopefully these near-misses will end up in the net in the not-too-distant future.

Not a bad game, but frustrating.

Do you have a link to the replay? I only saw it as it happened and the one replay during the game. Granted, Camilo has a tendency to dive, but I thought this time was legit.

Sorry I don't have the link but they showed many replays of it in different angles, which proved the ref made the correct call

Dallas 2 Caps 0

Poorest effort of the season.

Pretty much completely dominated by Dallas.

As usual, the Caps were hardly a threat around the Dallas net.

The one interesting thing arising from this game will be to see how the Caps respond in their re-match with Dallas next Saturday.

Dallas 2 Caps 0

Poorest effort of the season.

Pretty much completely dominated by Dallas.

As usual, the Caps were hardly a threat around the Dallas net.

The one interesting thing arising from this game will be to see how the Caps respond in their re-match with Dallas next Saturday.

Heneimann, Watson, Davidson and Hurtado starting?? they couldn't get the job done in a reserve game vs UBC so how did Rennie expect them to get it done vs a #1 Mls team. Camilo, Mattocks, Kobayshi,Koffie, Salgado and Miller on the bench behind these guys tonight was a complete joke. dress the reserve squad against Edmonton not against an Mls team.

Edited by bolt

Whitecaps were down 2-1 with about 10 minutes to go... Fast forward to less than 2 minutes to go the Caps are winning 3-2!! :)

I'm not sure what to make of this game. Perhaps the Caps were overconfident going in?

But they pulled it out in the end, even if they were helped by being awarded a dubious penalty kick.

One thing they briefly mentioned in the broadcast but wasn't clear to me: are away goals the tie-breakers in this series? I assumed this would be the case but by the way they were talking, perhaps that format isn't used in this series.

Since Rennie blew up the team, by getting rid of Chumento, Hassli, and Le Toux, the Whitecaps have won 5 MLS games in 11 months.

They won 6 MLS games in a month and a half last year, before the blow up.

Rennie is NOT a good coach. Camilo leads the team in goals, and yet he has been benched half the season for no reason. Rennie has had a different starting XI in EVERY game this year. He played all our top strikers the full 90 minutes against an NASL team, just 4 days before we play the best team in the MLS.

Since Rennie blew up the team, by getting rid of Chumento, Hassli, and Le Toux, the Whitecaps have won 5 MLS games in 11 months.

They won 6 MLS games in a month and a half last year, before the blow up.

Rennie is NOT a good coach. Camilo leads the team in goals, and yet he has been benched half the season for no reason. Rennie has had a different starting XI in EVERY game this year. He played all our top strikers the full 90 minutes against an NASL team, just 4 days before we play the best team in the MLS.

That's a pretty telling stat.

But was the blow-up Rennie's decision or Lenarduzzi's?

I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be much chemistry among the players on the field. Possibly this is due to Rennie's frequent line-up changes. But perhaps it indicates that we've got a poor mix of players. Which again might fall on Lenarduzzi.

I'm a Lenarduzzi fan - have been since the NASL days - and I hope this team gets things turned around starting this afternoon. But if things don't start changing soon, it seems to me that some hard questions have to be asked about some of the player decisions that have been made.

Whitecaps 2 Dallas 2

An entertaining game, even with all the Dallas diving.

How is it possible that Mattocks didn't score a hat trick let alone one goal? The Football Gods seem to have it in for the kid for the present. But he's got to start scoring soon, and when he does he could score a bunch.

Some terrific energy and talent shown by Manneh.

The team seemed threatening all game marred only by their habitual lack of finish - otherwise this could have been a blow-out. And that's what's so frustrating about this team. There seems to be oodles of talent on the team and many, many potential goals. But, thus far, they've been unable to deliver. But, at least for this game, they seemed to be clicking together even if there were a lot of missed chances.

I hope Rennie keeps this same starting lineup together for a few games. It could pay off in a big way.

(And having got the fans' hopes up, the Caps could very well come up with a dud game next week against Salt Lake.)