The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

whitecaps just waived boxall..

@WhitecapsFC: #WhitecapsFC waive defender Michael Boxall #MLS - http://t.co/msqq2DTx

combine this with the news about bocanegra..

http://prosoccertalk...ncouver-of-mls/

coincidence ?

They needed to do that to give Robson a roster spot. Although a Scottish newspaper said "Boca to the Vancouver Rapids is done". I think the newspaper meant the Whtiecaps...

• 2 weeks later...

After today's victory, the 'Caps now have more points at the midway mark this season than they had all of last year.

Nice rebound from the Galaxy thrashing, lads! Robson looks to be a nice addition when he's fit. Hasseli played well as the target man today.

I love Mattocks' pace and finish, but, he needs to grow up a bit. Too many silly cautions. Another one today for chipping the keeper after being flagged for an offside. Idiotic!

:towel::canucks:

So, I really want to support all Vancouver-based teams. I don't know much about the soccer rules and stuff.

Anyone willing to fill me in on the rules? If I were to go to a game, I'd like to know what is going on besides the ball being kicked around for a goal..

So, I really want to support all Vancouver-based teams. I don't know much about the soccer rules and stuff.

Anyone willing to fill me in on the rules? If I were to go to a game, I'd like to know what is going on besides the ball being kicked around for a goal..

Can't touch ball with hands.

If you touch someone and the other person embellishes, It's a foul/penalty/(w.e you like to call it).Usually.

If ou get fouled inside the large box of your opponents (goal area) it's a penalty kick.

Offside is hard to explain. If your teammate kicks the ball pass past the last line of defense of your opponents and you're past the line when he kicks it, it's offside. BUT if you're in front of last line of defense after your teammate kicks the ball and you run past that defense, it's onside. You'll have to watch some games to get it.

Edited by Hamhuis Hipcheck

Bit of a boring game tonight. Chivas is terrible and the Whitecaps on the road got a point which is fine. Even the Chumiento chance was way offside which wasn't mentioned. The linesman had his flag up though...

BTW, Barry Robson is not going to work out if he continues to bitch and whine at his teammates. Slow on the ball and constantly whining isn't going to win friends.

Watching MLS isn't very interesting to me. Two or three passes the ball changes possession, or goes into touch. The Whitecaps never seem to win balls in the air, especially on set plays. Not one of these players would make a European club team. Sorry Bobby, this isn't entertainment as far as I'm concerned.

Watching MLS isn't very interesting to me. Two or three passes the ball changes possession, or goes into touch. The Whitecaps never seem to win balls in the air, especially on set plays. Not one of these players would make a European club team. Sorry Bobby, this isn't entertainment as far as I'm concerned.

Don't just base your opinion on tonight game. ALL Chivas USA games are garbage. Most 0-0 games at home than any other team. Go sit with the southsiders during a game and see if your opinion stays the same.

Speaking of "no talent" in the league, Frank Lampard was seen meeting with LA Galaxy officials at their arena this week. Keane, Donovan, Beckham, and Lampard all in one line up seems like a pretty legit line up to me.

Don't just base your opinion on tonight game. ALL Chivas USA games are garbage. Most 0-0 games at home than any other team. Go sit with the southsiders during a game and see if your opinion stays the same.

Speaking of "no talent" in the league, Frank Lampard was seen meeting with LA Galaxy officials at their arena this week. Keane, Donovan, Beckham, and Lampard all in one line up seems like a pretty legit line up to me.

I guess after watching Euro one might get a bit jaded, but are you really all that impressed with the calibre of the MLS talent wise? I've been to the Caps home games and they do nothing for me, Southsiders or not. It's great that they have all this excitement from within, but the MLS talent isn't that good. Where are the Caps strikers? Hassli is invisible, and now suspended again.

The Galaxy were men among boys without Lampard when they played the Caps, that wasn't close.

BTW, Barry Robson is not going to work out if he continues to bitch and whine at his teammates. Slow on the ball and constantly whining isn't going to win friends.

Robson looked better than in his first match. But I find that he doesn't see the right side of the field very well because he is left-footed and cuts left most of the time. Hoping we'll see more improvements from our DP as he gels more with the team. There was a moment when Chiumiento was noticeably angry at Robson.. Robson decided to go for the shot instead of laying it off to a streaking Chiumiento.. nothing came of it.

The player who looks the most comfortable is still YP Lee.

Edited by runlsd

Robson looked better than in his first match. But I find that he doesn't see the right side of the field very well because of he's left-footed and cuts left most of the time. Hoping we'll see more improvements from our DP as he gels more with the team. There was a moment when Chiumiento was noticeably angry at Robson.. Robson decided to go for the shot instead of laying it off to a streaking Chiumiento.. nothing came of it.

The player who looks the most comfortable is still YP Lee.

I agree with you on Robson, runlsd.

I thought he looked like a little hermit crab out there last night. He always seemed to be running side ways to his left, funnelled into Chivas' defensive numbers. When he couldn't go forward or sideways, there was always a back pass to retain possession and reset, very few creative, probing runs. Robson has been fouled a lot in 2 matches, too, so frustration could be an issue. He also has pointy little elbows that he likes to swing about. I could see him accumulating multiple yellows like Hasseli and Mattocks.

For me, the strength of the 'Caps is their organization while defending. Lee, Bonjour, Demerit and Rochat is a pretty solid back 4 for MLS and Cannon is playing way better than anyone thought he would. 9 clean sheets at the halfway point is stellar!

:towel::canucks:

lol were you expecting us to be as good as Spain in terms of possession and passing of the ball?