Kimmo Timonen(A. Capt'n) - Braydon Coburn

Carlo Colaiacovo - Sheldon Souray

Grant Clitsome - Derek Joslin

Press box - Ian Cole, Kim Johnsson*

*Injured Reserve (as of Oct 1st)

Goaltending:

Semyeon Varlamov

*TBD*

Possible Minor Reserves & Rights to: Scott Glennie, Aaron Palushaj, Jacob Markstrom, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Draft Picks: 2012 2nd Round from Florida, Future Considerations (2012 3rd Round Draft pick from Florida)

Toronto Maple Leafs Off-Season Report

The Toronto Maple Leafs are happy with the majority of their roster heading into training camp. We feel that our forward group is amongst the most talented in the league as it posseses a lot of youth, speed and talent as well as grit which will prove to be important in the race for the playoffs. Our D is very young and is full of promising talent and we are expecting the likes of Cam Barker to improve this season after receiving a wake up call earlier this off-season when he was bought out by the Minnesota Wild. Below is our expected Roster for training camp although we have made offers to a number of free agents as of a few weeks ago and are waiting to hear back from the agents.

Toronto Maple Leafs Roster

Alexander Ovechkin - Paul Stastny - Phil Kessel

Nikolai Kulemin - Brandon Dubinsky - Ryan Callahan

Nazem Kadri - Shawn Horcoff - Colby Armstrong

Nick Foligno - Ryan Shannon - Matt Beleskey

Paul Bissonnette

Luke Schenn - Keith Aulie

Cam Barker - Jared Cowen

Mark Fistric - Viatcheslav Voynov

Henrik Lundqvist

Henrik Karlsson

Rumor:

Despite saying recently that he was content with his roster going into the season, multiple sources suggest that Montreal Canadiens GM _arby_18 has made a fairly big move just weeks before training camp. If the rumor mill is to be believed then it could be Mike Komisarek that is on his way out of town along with the teams' 1st Round Pick, but the sources were non-committal about the players that are involved. One source is suggesting that the other team involved is from the Western Conference but that is all of the information we were able to obtain. Stay tuned for more information.

Not sure why that post was minused.

Could the league please clarify whats up ?

- Sharpshooter was banned from CDC was he not ?

- If you can't even follow the rules or comprehend when your told why you have been suspended, there is no need to keep dragging it out and keep giving someone chances lol.

- If you are not able to post in the CDC you simply cannot be a GM of a team, is that not correct ? Remember Bionic Bunny ? Lost his job due to being banned.

- Lets just get a solid answer here please cause there is no way EOTM or the League is gonna be posting roster moves, news, etc for the Penguins. That simply is one GM being involved with two teams. You cannot rely on someone else to run your team or post for you. Things happen daily once the season starts and there is no way that will work. Not in the current format the CDC GM League works.

Since there was no solid answer im assuming the League is looking into retaining Sharpshooter as GM, so whats going on ?

Thanks.

Not sure why that post was minused.

Could the league please clarify whats up ?

- Sharpshooter was banned from CDC was he not ?

- If you can't even follow the rules or comprehend when your told why you have been suspended, there is no need to keep dragging it out and keep giving someone chances lol.

- If you are not able to post in the CDC you simply cannot be a GM of a team, is that not correct ? Remember Bionic Bunny ? Lost his job due to being banned.

- Lets just get a solid answer here please cause there is no way EOTM or the League is gonna be posting roster moves, news, etc for the Penguins. That simply is one GM being involved with two teams. You cannot rely on someone else to run your team or post for you. Things happen daily once the season starts and there is no way that will work. Not in the current format the CDC GM League works.

Since there was no solid answer im assuming the League is looking into retaining Sharpshooter as GM, so whats going on ?

Thanks.

I personally have no issues with Sharpie running his team this way. At the core of it, there is no essential reason for him to be able to post in the thread. He can make trades/ect through PM and the Executive can post all his transactions. He is probably at a disadvantage but I'd say with his roster as of right now he can easily remain competitive in this league without posting priviledges.

I honestly don't see why this would be such a problem for you.

You must be able to post in the Thread, there willl be injuries and callups, waivers, demotions all of which a team needs to post. If you cannot perform all the functions needed to be a GM then how do you remain a GM ?

Being in the East I guess having a member of the competition essentially unable to perform daily tasks and thus risking losing major pool points by say having a roster undermanned or not posting that a significant player is returning from injury for example I have no problem with it lol.

But this is a diservice to the team and the League in general and sorry to offend anybody here, not my intention but not condusive to being a member in this League.

Sorry to drag that out guys, wasn't meant to tick anybody off or anything, just curious as to the League's ruling here is all.

You must be able to post in the Thread, there willl be injuries and callups, waivers, demotions all of which a team needs to post. If you cannot perform all the functions needed to be a GM then how do you remain a GM ?

Being in the East I guess having a member of the competition essentially unable to perform daily tasks and thus risking losing major pool points by say having a roster undermanned or not posting that a significant player is returning from injury for example I have no problem with it lol.

But this is a diservice to the team and the League in general and sorry to offend anybody here, not my intention but not condusive to being a member in this League.

Sorry to drag that out guys, wasn't meant to tick anybody off or anything, just curious as to the League's ruling here is all.

I don't believe you can change this.

The League has of last season anyways viewed the player profiles on tsn's page, however it was up to the GM's to inform the League the player's position via tsn's page. So if a player is LW / C, he can play either. But a C can play RW though may not be happy about it.

I agree with everything that Mike has said but feel that Sharpshooter proved himself as one of the most active and committed General Managers during his time with us and deserves the benefit of the doubt. I would not say this about just anyone but he really impressed me; especially during our brief trade negotiations. I think that as long as Curt is up for the extra work load we should give this a chance until we have proof that it will not work. I have a feeling that Sharpshooter will be a full time committed General Manager that will take care of his team to the absolute best of his abilities every day of the week.

I don't believe you can change this.

The League has of last season anyways viewed the player profiles on tsn's page, however it was up to the GM's to inform the League the player's position via tsn's page. So if a player is LW / C, he can play either. But a C can play RW though may not be happy about it.

I agree with everything that Mike has said but feel that Sharpshooter proved himself as one of the most active and committed General Managers during his time with us and deserves the benefit of the doubt. I would not say this about just anyone but he really impressed me; especially during our brief trade negotiations. I think that as long as Curt is up for the extra work load we should give this a chance until we have proof that it will not work. I have a feeling that Sharpshooter will be a full time committed General Manager that will take care of his team to the absolute best of his abilities every day of the week.

Just to multi-quote everyone....

for the record, I talked to Sharpshooter before EotM made that post and I was aware (as some of you, perhaps weren't) that he could log on, read the boards, and access PMs - I told him it probably wouldn't be a problem if some of us posted news reports et cetera for him... so when I said "TAMPERING"... that was being facetious... glad at least SOMEONE caught on to the joke... (my bad, apparently we're all serious here... -1 deserved)....

I was under the impression that even WAIVERs had to go through agents... guess not... irregardless, if you have the ability to read the forum, PM, and use MSN... I really don't see how there is a problem playing this game... sure it makes things a bit more 'colorful'... but in no way is a real inability to play the game created by SS's situation...

Also - A winger should NEVER play C... yeah... wingers switching sides, or C's going to wing... not that big of a deal...

Archived