The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Dallas GM has recieved some great news, and would like to share with the group. I was diagnosed with Cancer on January 6th, and since then have had surgery, and underwent 12 rounds of chemotherapy over a 6 month period. I am now done, and got the results of my CT Scan of friday, and have been declared cancer-free.... :)

I really want to thank Curt and the others who work so hard on this pool, as it took my mind away from the real world on many occasions while fighting this crappy disease...

Thanks!!!

~Wilb

Congratulations my man!

Best PK ever. ;)

Dallas GM has recieved some great news, and would like to share with the group. I was diagnosed with Cancer on January 6th, and since then have had surgery, and underwent 12 rounds of chemotherapy over a 6 month period. I am now done, and got the results of my CT Scan of friday, and have been declared cancer-free.... :)

I really want to thank Curt and the others who work so hard on this pool, as it took my mind away from the real world on many occasions while fighting this crappy disease...

Thanks!!!

~Wilb

gazette_logo.gif

MONTREAL - Training camp is right around the corner and the excitement for hockey to begin again is rising every single day in Montreal. However, until the puck hits the ice all the people can talk about is what this new-look Habs roster will look like on opening night, and at the moment no one can seem to agree with how the players will line up for Les Habitants.

Fantasy hockey prognosticators, radio hosts and message boards all seem to agree that free agent acquistion Alex Tanguay will join Pavel Datsyuk and Nathan Horton on the top line, that Matt Cullen and Milan Hejduk will make up two-thirds of the 2nd line, that Zdeno Chara will anchor the top unit on the blueline and that Niklas Backstrom will be the starting goaltender with Al Montoya backing him up. That seems to be where the agreement ends however, as the final spot on the 2nd line, the entire bottom six, the rest of the blueline and the "utility" spots all seem to be up for grabs.

It looks like newcomer Bryan Bickell, Martin Hanzal, Chad Larose, Mike Santorelli and Linus Omark will be the 5 players fighting for the final 4 spots in the top-9, and there doesn't seem to be a concensus favorite for any position. Add in the fact that youngsters Eric Tangradi and Evgeni Grachev could push for a spot and it appears that it could be a very competitive training camp. Don't be surprised if _arby_18 decides to move one of these players near the end of training camp if it looks like they don't fit into the teams plans. Jody Shelley, Pat Dwyer and Kevin Westgarth appear to have the inside track for the 4th line, but things could change rapidly.

Jonathon Blum signed as a free-agent this summer and is expected to join the top-4 on the blueline, but whether or not the right-hand shot joins captain Chara on the top-unit is debatable. Youngster Jakub Kindl and veteran Ron Hainsey are believed to the other two players vying for big-minutes, but don't be surprised if young Keaton Ellerby moves up to challenge for playing time. Mike Komisarek and Matt Greene appear to be the current shutdown pairing, but rumors persist that Komisarek may be available via trade and that the Habs are floating their 1st round pick as incentive to take his big salary. However, those rumors remain unconfirmed. Derek Meech and Ryan Parent were both brought in to provide depth to the roster, and don't be surprised if one of them make the squad as the 7th d-man.

The debate will continue to rage on until the roster is finalized, but the overall feeling around town is that big things are expected out of this squad. Missing the playoffs last year was tough on the entire city, but fans and experts alike believe that things will be different this year. However, before we get ahead of ourselves, lets see how they look in training camp before we reserve a spot for them in the playoffs.

Thanks!!!

~Wilb

Congratulations! Fantastic to hear.

Edmonton Journal

EdmontonJournal.com

EDMONTON- Training camp is mere weeks away, and there is no doubt that there is excitement in Oilerland. With big changes, a revamped top 6, and a different D-Core, teams can expect many things from the oilers.

There is no decisive top line yet, as it appears that a top Free Agent is strongly considering Edmonton. The top line right now consists of David Backes, Brad Richards, and Chris Stewart, but all this may change depending on if the Free Agent signs with Edmonton, and the play through-out training camp, preseason, the regular season, and the playoffs. The other 3 currently in the top 6 are James Neal, Jeff Carter, and Tuomu Ruutu, with the potential for any of these 6 to play out of the top 6, and anyone of Frans Nielsen, Vaclav Prospal, or David Clarkson to play their way into the top 6, as they are the current 3rd line

The D-Corps are lead by Dan Hamhuis and Brent Seabrook, while the other top-4 spots appear to be Alex Goligoski's and Dmitri Kulikov's to lose. Mattias Ohlund and Tom Poti appear to round out the top 6 (Possible Paul Martin Trade?) (e5), while Taylor Doherty seems to be the 7th dman. The top PP pairing seems to be Seabrook and Goligoski, while Hamhuis and Kulikov appear to be on the 2nd pairing. Hammer and Seabrook will assume Top PK minutes, with Kulikov and Ohlund on the 2nd pair. The fans in Edmonton need not fret about the defence, as it has an extremely solid top 6 core, and a solid 7th dman.

The Goaltending seems to be the least of everyones worries, with Marc-Andre Fleury as the undisputed starter, as well as 3 solid, solid goaltenders (Anders Lindback, J.S. Giguere, and Mark Dekanich) vying for the back-up position, but that could very well change. Reports out of Rexall Place suggest Lindback may be moved for prospects and picks. Nothing to worry about, at this stage, with this goalie core.

Since Edmonton GM MO.2 has come into the league, the GM has made several moves. Here is who he's Brought in and Shipped out.

In:

Vaclav Prospal

Jeff Carter

Alex Goligoski

Tuomo Ruutu

Anders Lindback

Tom Poti

Mattias Ohlund, as well as:

BOS 2012 3rd Round Draft Selection

EDM 2012 1st Round Draft Selection

Future Considerations

Out:

Michael Sauer

Milan Lucic

Rich Peverly

Chris Conner

John Carlson

The Season seems bright in Edmonton, with some speculating a top-4 finish in the Western Conference. Whatever the case, the Oilers seem to be Play-Off Bound. To Training Camp!

Thanks!!!

~Wilb

frack this noise.

Honestly, I call bull. Frak this fraking noise.

C2X, I love you're game, I honestly haven't played any game game of hockey that has come close what I've seen here, dispite the fact that I got to head up the #1 overall worst team ever.... this has been a ball. frack you, frack you, frack you AND frack you.

Sorry dudes, but I'm an English Grad... and words are all we have, so with those words, as eloquitley as I can say....

frack YOU.

No actually the Canucks were wearing bras and panties if anything.

The Canucks lost more than Boston won. They were decimated by injuries in comparison to Boston and they played like garbage. No conspiracy...no corruption...no favoritism, Boston just played better over the coarse of 7 games. Our team only showed up for 2 games and our goalie only showed up for 3 and a half.

We don't always have to be west coast whiners. Go to other boards and you'll see all the talk about nuck fans is that we're whiners and complainers and immature and we always make excuses. Well I hate that we lost but we lost and I'm willing to accept that fact.

RUMOUR:

Breaking !

Unconfirmed reports from several sources in the Newark area are suggesting the Devils have been given confirmation by arguably the biggest name left in free agency that he will be signing a deal with the team Tuesday morning.

Eyebrows were raised last week when the Devils moved Jeff Carter, then the team's second line centre. Looks like the team had a plan afterall and things seem to be falling into place. GM Mike Vanderhoek only stated " We had to clear room for our team's salary structure to be in place for the upcoming season ". " Of course we have offers out on free agents and an offensive winger has been targeted, when an announcement comes then we can talk. "

Stay tuned !

Rumor:

Despite saying recently that he was content with his roster going into the season, multiple sources suggest that Montreal Canadiens GM _arby_18 has made a fairly big move just weeks before training camp. If the rumor mill is to be believed then it could be Mike Komisarek that is on his way out of town along with the teams' 1st Round Pick, but the sources were non-committal about the players that are involved. One source is suggesting that the other team involved is from the Western Conference but that is all of the information we were able to obtain. Stay tuned for more information.

Archived