The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Columbus Times Sports News

One on One with Daymond Langkow

Columbus Times Sports News recently had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Daymond Langkow this weekend after the star of training camp, and here's what he had to say about life, the universe and upcoming CBJ hockey.

CTSN: So Daymond - Sarah Michelle Gellar, Alyssa Milano and Elisa Cuthbert... you have to fight one... *BLEEP* one... and marry one... what would you choose?

DL: Hahaha, seriously? Well SMG played Buffy for many years, so I definitely don't think I would want to fight her... and I think Phaneuf and Avery have already talked enough to the media about Elisa Cuthbert, so I think I'm gonna say marry Milano and leave it at that.

CTSN: So what are you feelings on this upcoming season then?

DL: Well obviously I'm really excited, this team has gone through some major changes this off season, and I'm very glad to still be here - we've got a lot of young talent that is on the fringe of making the big leagues and provide some real depth for our team.

CTSN: Are you looking forward to playing on a line with Lucic?

DL: Absolutely - Milan is one of the best players in the league right now, he's a tremendous player and any time you can play with a guy like that you're only going to benefit - he seems to enjoy making life miserable for the other teams defenders.

CTSN: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

DL: That's a good question. Obviously, in this league, anything can happen in 5 years, but I plan to still be playing and giving everything I have. I really hope to see this team make a few good runs in the playoffs during that time - we definitely have the potential to make it - but 5 years is a long time, I really can't say where I'll be then.

CTSN: Obviously with your health issues, only playing 4 games last season, everyone saw the video, but you're looking good now, you were doing curls in the parking lot - what do you have to say about that?

DL: Well, I feel really good, I've been working out hard in the off season, and I'm ready to make a real impact this year. I'm at 100% now and ready to give everything I have.

CTSN: If you could play with anyone player on your line (living or dead), who would it be?

DL: I think I'd have to go with Pavel Bure... his speed was just unreal. I think a lot of guys today would obviously say Crosby or Ovenchkin, but for me - watching Pavel play was just magic.

CTSN: What do you think about new head coach Sergei Pimpnovski?

DL: Heh, well he seems like quite a character, but from what little I've seen so far in training camp, he has a lot of knowledge about this game, and a lot of stuff to pass on. I'm just going to do my best and try to learn and improve as much as possible.

CTSN: Alright, that was Daymond Langkow, with the Columbus Times Sports News, check out our website, and we'll get back to you.

Bad News for the Blues...Jesse Winchester out for the Pre-Season...

²I just hope he will be healthy when the Regular Season starts..." TGC said to the Press.

The news couldn't have been any more discouraging for Jesse Winchester.

The St.Louis Blues confirmed today that the veteran forward will miss the entire pre-season schedule with a shoulder injury suffered when he crashed hard into the boards during a scrimmage Saturday on the opening day of St.Louis training camp at the Bell Sensplex.

"At this point in time, I don't anticipate him being back for any exhibition games in training camp," MacLean said at the conclusion of Day 2 of Senators camp. "We'll evaluate him at the end of training camp and see what progress he's made and what decision we have to make then."

Given the increased competition for forward spots on the Blues roster, MacLean acknowledged Winchester faces a serious game of catchup to re-establish himself in the lineup.

"It’s a disappointment for him and it’s not like he was having a bad day or anything like that," he said. "(Winchester) has played in the league, so he’s an NHL player, and any time you miss that opportunity as a player in training camp, it can be a huge blow to your season. But he’s a real fit guy and we’ll see where this injury takes him."

For Winchester, a native of nearby Long Sault, Ont., it's mindful of two years ago, when he had his pre-season shortened by a right knee injury that kept him out of the lineup until early November — an absence of six weeks.

Archived