The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Latest update from yesterdays action. all four underdogs leading? wow.

Honestly I'm surprised my series with St. Louis is so close... thank God for Martin Brodeur!

Jill keeps bugging me to shave the playoff beard, since the Canucks are out. I told her the Canucks may be out, but I'm not. :P Not yet anyways.... :huh:

C2x

On draft picks,will you change the draft picks I 2013 to their real teams? I know I hae acouple teams 2013 picks.

from future considerations?

Yes I think so

I have a 1st and a 2nd from future considerations

Once all the team charts are done I will be going through the future considerations again and updating at the same time so nothing gets missed or lost.

I can't believe what the kings are pulling off. Looking back at last years run and this years, our team struggles with decent goalies and we're one of the highest scoring teams in the league. This begs the question is the "Detroit model" really the answer? Looking at their success I would say so but do we really have the right pieces to copy the Detroit model? Im not really sure about the second part.

What's the difference between the Red Wings and the Canucks?

They've done it, they won 16 games a multiple of times

How did they win?

Boils down to scoring

Why haven't we scored?

We can't score on hot goalies

How does a team score on a hot goalie?

Only effective way that I know of would be setting up a screen

Why can't we accomplish that and score?

Only answer I have is tougher teams man handle our forwards

How do we overcome that while still being able to score?

I don't know really. Is the answer more power forwards? How rare is that specimen?

I can't believe what the kings are pulling off. Looking back at last years run and this years, our team struggles with decent goalies and we're one of the highest scoring teams in the league. This begs the question is the "Detroit model" really the answer? Looking at their success I would say so but do we really have the right pieces to copy the Detroit model? Im not really sure about the second part.

Good question, let's have a look and see.

The Detroit model calls for a strong and sturdy blueline, anchored by 1 elite level defender to lead the way.

The Canucks have a very solid blueline, but lack that one standout guy.

The Detroit model follows a pattern of getting consistently solid goaltending from unheralded guys with low cap hits.

The Canucks have consistently solid goaltending, but with an elite level goaltender.

The Detroit model builds a roster that plays their own game, but are able to match teams in most any kind of contest.

The Canucks philosophy to play their own game is similar, but they tend to lose their focus when trying to 'respond' to other teams, be it physically, defensively or otherwise.

Looks to me like the Canucks are close. Dealing Luongo, signing Schneider and making a legitimate play for an elite level defenceman would put us a whole lot closer. After that, it's up to the players and the coaching staff to execute the right game plan every night and stay focused.

Archived