Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13431 replies to this topic

#11281 Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Quick question.

For the draft,will ours be after the real NHL draft,before or during?

And for free agency,looking back at last years thread there was a lot of fighting about people not being home on July 1st or not. I say we get that all cleared up now.

I believe ours is before the NHL draft, so GM's are picking more based on their own research rather than just going by what happened in the real draft.

And I will be returning next year, not giving up my Kings. :P

Posted Image

#11282 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,514 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Quick question.

And for free agency,looking back at last years thread there was a lot of fighting about people not being home on July 1st or not. I say we get that all cleared up now.

I believe ours is before the NHL draft, so GM's are picking more based on their own research rather than just going by what happened in the real draft.

And I will be returning next year, not giving up my Kings. :P

Ace is correct - we do the draft *usually* the Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday prior to the real draft. That way GM's actually are forced to research.

Regarding free agency - Listen as much as I love this game -- I and the rest of the executive team have lifes and families. I intend on spending the majority of Canada Day out with friends enjoying this beautiful city.

Not to mention CDC is usually in performance mode.

Lastly- This year we have more agents to handle the workload.

To sum it up - get your offers in if you want (and if you can) on July 1, and we will move forward from there; but don't expect a response that day.

Edited by Squeak, 16 March 2012 - 11:07 PM.

Posted Image

#11283 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

Solid back to back wins for Crawford for us things are looking up in the Panthers goaltending situation.

Also very impressed with the performances of prospects Brett Bulmer and Marek Tvrdon in tonights game between the Giants and Rockets, as they went head to head tonight and both picked up 3 points a piece.

----------------

Assignment:
Florida assigns Tomas Vincour to Rochester (Does not require waivers)

Recall:
Florida recalls Teemu Hartikainen from Rochester

Edited by OurTimeToShine, 16 March 2012 - 11:18 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#11284 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Im gone for the next week... Maybe will have internet for some of the time.
And i'll be returning to GM the Oilers

Proud GM of Edmonton-CDCGML

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#11285 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

Looks like I got Nick Johnson?

ASSIGNMENT: Michal Repik to New Orleans

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#11286 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,795 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

LTIR The St Louis Blues place D Chris Butler on the LTIR.

Recall: The St.Louis Blues recall Mark Borowiecki from the Kansas City Patriots.

PIM Night for the Blues :lol:

Phillips 2 PIM = 2 Pts

Michalek 2 PIM = 2 Pts

Neil 5 PIM = 5 Pts

Chimera 4 PIM = 4 Pts

Iginla 2 PIM = 2 Pts

thats all...

15 Points last night

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#11287 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,438 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Quick question.

I consider that situation already cleared up. The people that were whining were the same people that had a huge temper tantrum early in the season and quit. The league's stance has never changed regarding free agency.
  • Our free agency period starts July 1st, same as the NHL.
  • CDC will likely be in performance mode once the Canucks sign, well... anybody, or if a big name signs with a new team.
  • July 1st is also Canada Day, and we don't expect you to spend a beautiful summer holiday in front of your computer.
  • We will still have all summer to take care of free agent signings, and we do make an effort to pace things a bit to maintain activity throughout.
  • July 1st and 2nd will mostly be for getting your offers in. Don't expect any big signings in our game those days. With the sheer volume of offers we'll be getting, it takes time to go over everything and analyze each offer to ensure the player makes the right choice regarding fit, salary, potential ice time, role on team, etc.

In other words, do what I do for July 1st. Scout out potential targets in advance by going over team charts, checking out the pending UFA and RFA players on the list on page one, go over your depth chart and consider your salary cap situation. Make your offers out in advance, and please make one specific for each player. Writing out a huge pitch, and then just swapping out player names and contract numbers... we catch on to that quick and it doesn't look good. Other teams wanted the player enough to give him their personal attention. Anyways.. make your offers out in advance. Come July 1st, pop online to CDC, if you can, and send them off. If you can't get on CDC, don't panic, just send them later that night, or on July 2nd. You won't miss out. Then, go out and have fun, enjoy the day, check your TSN app to keep updated with the NHLs free agent news, etc.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#11288 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Quick question.

IMO if on the given draft day I cannot be here that is my problem to solve. Be it given having someone pick for me (obviously giving them an outline of my intentions or what feels like the easiest solution in posting an ordered list of players I want.

I also think July 1st being a holiday is a bad day to pick even if it's the NHL draft day. I also would think it would be a bad decision to do it after the real NHL draft.

No matter what though if there is a day or days that work best for the majority of people than it would be my job as GM to solve the problem rather than complain about it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11289 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

IMO if on the given draft day I cannot be here that is my problem to solve. Be it given having someone pick for me (obviously giving them an outline of my intentions or what feels like the easiest solution in posting an ordered list of players I want.

I also think July 1st being a holiday is a bad day to pick even if it's the NHL draft day. I also would think it would be a bad decision to do it after the real NHL draft.

No matter what though if there is a day or days that work best for the majority of people than it would be my job as GM to solve the problem rather than complain about it.

The NHL draft is held June 22nd and 23rd this year, so we will likely have ours somewhere around the 18th-20th. We will firm up details as the date approaches. Also, if you won't be able to be here for the draft, please submit a list to me of the players you want.

July 1st is when free agency opens for both teams.

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#11290 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Good news,the water in prince Albert is safe to drink again!!!!!
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#11291 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Good news,the water in prince Albert is safe to drink again!!!!!

Did I miss something...? :huh:

Good grief, it's damn near impossible to get Winnipeg Jets tickets.... :unsure:

#11292 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Did I miss something...? :huh:

Good grief, it's damn near impossible to get Winnipeg Jets tickets.... :unsure:

Ya,on February 3rd a filter broke and we had a boil water order for 6 weeks! It's finally safe!

#11293 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,795 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Waivers: The Washington Capitals place Brian McGrattan on waivers.

Activation: The Washington Capitals activate Jamie Langenbrunner off the LTIR.

is brian still on the waivers?

i guess he is

so the Blues places a claim on Brian McGrattan

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 17 March 2012 - 11:14 AM.

179zig.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#11294 da.moose

da.moose

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

is brian still on the waivers?

i guess he is

so the Blues places a claim on Brian McGrattan

Do you have the roster space to do that? I think you would have to waive a player in order to pick up McGrattan.

#11295 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Do you have the roster space to do that? I think you would have to waive a player in order to pick up McGrattan.

He's got plenty of cap space in his minors system to fit McGrattan in.

#11296 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

The NHL draft is held June 22nd and 23rd this year, so we will likely have ours somewhere around the 18th-20th. We will firm up details as the date approaches. Also, if you won't be able to be here for the draft, please submit a list to me of the players you want.

July 1st is when free agency opens for both teams.

This makes the most sense to me. I don't understand why anyone would have had a problem with this last year.

I will probably be fine for the draft but just to be sure are you saying you don't want us to post our lists in the thread and rather submit them to you? That's fine but it puts an awful lot of work on 1 person potentially. What about submitting them to our divisional liaisons or if they are not available a secondary person. I'm just thinking it would suck if you have to draft for 10 people who each have a list that's however many rounds we do long.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11297 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,795 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

yes i have

since i have placed butler on the litr and called up borowiecki i could easily send down olesz via waivers
but i know that no one will claim him( if someone do.... it would be a surprise) ...
further i could send down borowiecki again if butler or winchester returns
at the moment a return of winchester is more expected than from butler

179zig.jpg

#11298 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Last night's Jets game was off the hook! Our building is crazy. I shudder to think about how much louder it will be when we make the playoffs. Hopefully it's this year!

I will of course be returning next year - I need to see this through and make the darn playoffs. This hanging around in 9th spot is getting tiresome...

Also, those of you who have PM's in to me regarding their UFA/RFA players, I have received them and am hopeful to sit down tomorrow and work on them all. It's been go-go-go for me of late, and I have a buddies wedding social tonight...

Oh, and it's +19 here in Winnipeg today and +26 tomorrow... Summer in March! Feels like playoff hockey weather!!

Edited by _arby_18, 17 March 2012 - 11:56 AM.

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

CDCGML Montreal Canadiens
flag-nhl-montreal-canadiens_1_1.gif
(Click Above to See Habs Roster in Google Docs)

#11299 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,795 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Last night's Jets game was off the hook! Our building is crazy. I shudder to think about how much louder it will be when we make the playoffs. Hopefully it's this year!

I will of course be returning next year - I need to see this through and make the darn playoffs. This hanging around in 9th spot is getting tiresome...

Also, those of you who have PM's in to me regarding their UFA/RFA players, I have received them and am hopeful to sit down tomorrow and work on them all. It's been go-go-go for me of late, and I have a buddies wedding social tonight...

Oh, and it's +19 here in Winnipeg today and +26 tomorrow... Summer in March! Feels like playoff hockey weather!!

i hope all the best for the jets..if they make it..i ll finaly see some live games on espn america..this would be great

but may..the sabres could be a threat

179zig.jpg

#11300 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

CROSBY'S BETTER!!! :lol:

Man MTS Centre looks like a ridiculous atmosphere. Can't wait to get there for a game, assuming I'll be able to snag tickets sometime in the next... well.. decade... :huh: Hook me up bro! B)

#11301 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Random question just for fun!

Scenario: You've been hired on as the General Manager of an NHL expansion team coming into the league. The expansion draft is taking place.

You get to select 3 players to start off building your franchise, but there are some guidelines set.

- With the 3 selections, you must take 1 forward, 1 defenceman and 1 goaltender.
- A team can only have one player selected from their roster.
- Each player selected must be at least 24 years old.
- The combined salary of the 3 players cannot exceed $11 million.

Who would you select to start building your team around?

Ben Bishop, 0.65m Ottawa (CDCGML SJS, 0.9m)
Alex Edler, 3.25m Vancouver (CDCGML NYI, 3.25m)
Loui Eriksson, 4.25m Dallas (CDCGML CAR 4.3m)

Do I win? ; p

Edit: I even saved 2.5m for struggling market franchise, haha.

Edited by Primal Optimist, 17 March 2012 - 01:07 PM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#11302 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,795 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

bowman with 2 goals and 1 assist tonight..i could :picard: ...since park is a scratch...oh oh....i ll be more carefull with my prospects in the future..but thats life

179zig.jpg

#11303 da.moose

da.moose

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

He's got plenty of cap space in his minors system to fit McGrattan in.

It doesn't make sense to me that he can claim him off waivers and put him in the minors. I thought the idea of waivers was that if another team wanted to play him in the NHL then they could claim him off waivers. I would think in order to send him to the minors now St. Louis would need to send him through waivers.

Just thought this was the rule but if I am wrong then its all good. I doubt McGrattan is going to get any playing time this season either way.

#11304 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

It doesn't make sense to me that he can claim him off waivers and put him in the minors. I thought the idea of waivers was that if another team wanted to play him in the NHL then they could claim him off waivers. I would think in order to send him to the minors now St. Louis would need to send him through waivers.

Just thought this was the rule but if I am wrong then its all good. I doubt McGrattan is going to get any playing time this season either way.

I think I've asked the same question a couple years ago, but the team claiming a waived player can designate him where he chooses as long as he has the roster/cap space to do so.

With the season winding down, it's looking more and more like Carey Price will be getting some well-deserved rest. The team has struggled in front of him (both pool-wise and IRL) and it is disappointing considering he's been putting up good numbers (although slightly down from last season).

The goal of the off-season will be to add more primary scoring to help Marleau-Moulson-Tavares-Fisher and to bring in top-6 forwards, especially on the right wing.

We will also take the time this year to evaluate pending free agents and determine their role going forward. Guys like Drayson Bowman will be seeing more ice-time.

Current TB Roster:

Marleau - Fisher - Bowman
Moulson - Tavares - Brule
Brown - Johnson - Repik
Steckel - Desjardins - Bergfors
Avery

Carle - Sutton
Meszaros - Lee
Peckham - Cumiskey
Wishart

Price
Campbell

IR: Stoner

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#11305 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

-

#11306 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,795 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

is my team turning into a goon team?? lol

Prosser,MacArthur,Neil, Bickel..all with fights tonight...+ Pims from other Players again ....

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 17 March 2012 - 09:43 PM.

179zig.jpg

#11307 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

What a great day for Vancouver!!!
Whitecaps get their 1st ever road win and the nucks win!!!!!

#11308 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,795 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Recall: The St.Louis Blues recall Mark Borowiecki from the Kansas City Patriots.

PIM Night for the Blues :lol:

Phillips 2 PIM = 2 Pts

Michalek 2 PIM = 2 Pts

Neil 5 PIM = 5 Pts

Chimera 4 PIM = 4 Pts

Iginla 2 PIM = 2 Pts

thats all...

15 Points last night

:bigblush:

Thomas Win = 10 Pts

Cooke 2 G GWG = 8 Pts

Prosser 5 PIM = 5 Pts

MacArthur 5 PIM = 5 Pts

Neil 15 PIM = 15 Pts

Michalek 2 PIM = 2 Pts

Bickel 5 PIM = 5 Pts

Weiss 1 PPA = 4 Pts

Goc +1 = 2 Pts

Theodore WIN = 10 Pts

Erat 1 PPG 1 A = 7 Pts

Klein 1 A = 5 Pts

78 Pts

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 17 March 2012 - 10:23 PM.

179zig.jpg

#11309 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

VOTE FOR DUCK LAKE IN KRAFT HOCKEYVILLE!!!!!

I live just 10 minutes away from duck lake and it would mean do much to our community if we won HOCKEYVILLE.
Please help us out and vote for duck lake!!!!

http://vote.krafthoc...dex.php?lang=en

#11310 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

VOTE FOR DUCK LAKE IN KRAFT HOCKEYVILLE!!!!!

I live just 10 minutes away from duck lake and it would mean do much to our community if we won HOCKEYVILLE.
Please help us out and vote for duck lake!!!!

http://vote.krafthoc...dex.php?lang=en

Done and done. This will now be part of my daily online routine. This is a family site so I can't give the whole routine but rest assured voting for this is in there now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.