The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

do you know where your team was at the end of last season?

I know SJS were in 8th place heading into the playoffs, and I set out to improve upon that this year, but after dealing with a month of injuries, Now my sights are set on making the playoffs. I still think I have a shot at improving the seed, but even with a starting goalie back in a week, its going to take until the all star break, I think, to make some headway.

EDIT: Although, I am rather happy to face the adversity and learn from it early. My starting goalie got 6 games under his belt before injury, missing 17 or so now. That is much like having two backups and no starter. Lesson Learned: starting netminder is a must to be a contender.

Yea, Ben Bishop was and is a key acquisition for our clubs long term health. He can hone his skills on the farm team for a year or two, and be insurance in the bank for us, much like a young Cory Schneider was for Vancouver not too many seasons ago. Sergei Bobrovsky, another key acquisition is already paying dividends. For a backup to see 3 games in a row and pick up two wins is great stuff. Now we just have to hope that outstanding young netminder James Reimer comes back sooner rather than later, and we can consider our team solid at backstop. With our blue line sorted out and healthier now, just biggie Mike Green on the day to day list, we are very happy with the backend. Some small tweaks to the bottom six still to go and we are shopping for a winger, and the front end can match the calibre of the back end. Then I think we will make up for lost time.

Rumour: The Pittsburgh Penguins are rumoured to be interested in a playoff bound starting goalie, and may be considering a scenario where they offer a starting goalie, a bonafide backup goalie, a depth forward and a prospect, in return. The quality of the goalie offered will reflect the quality of the return offered.

News From the Shark Tank

Cody Bass is a welcome addition in San Jose. We are pleased to have finally signed him, and have been interested in his unique skill set for some time. Cody brings an energy with him that is only outshone by his work ethic. The Hockey news says "He has a motor that never quits. Plays an in-your-face style, which is perfect for an energy line. The foot soldier can play either center or wing." and hockeyfuture said "Bass has the ability to create chances on his own using his speed, smarts, positioning, and an above average release. He has been impressive in training camps and his smart defensive style of play coupled with his never-back-down attitude and feistiness will make him an excellent depth/energy forward in the future."

We are stunned to have found this rough gem sitting on the outside looking in this season, and have made him a spot on the fourth line where his talents can be brought out with linemates Jared Boll and Shawn Thornton. Our training staff has already nicknamed the line 'The Bass Bolls Line', which had more than one front office suit laughing at the rink.

Cody Bass is assigned to the San Jose Sharks Fourth line duty effective immediately.

Sullivan - Briere - Moen

Hagman - Spezza - Kostitsyn

Ben Smith - Brodziak - Morrison

Jared Boll - Cody Bass - Thornton

Kirill Kabanov

Salo - Green

Michalek - Tallinder

Morris - Falk

Lundin - Brodie

Reimer

Bobrovsky

LTIR:

Adam Burish

Peter Regin

*Saskatoon Tigers HCL*

F: Mike Duco - Rostislav Olesz -

D: Teubert

G: Ben Bishop, Jeff Frazee

San Jose is having a wonderful time! (*really quite enjoying the recent turn of events)

In unrelated festivities, Our Vancouver Canucks are going to FEAST tonight. I can't get the thought out of my mind, I feel a huge win today over Columbus, and the CDCGML'er in me only hopes there are a lot of fights too, but primarily, I hope we see a bloodbath of goals! Vancouver ought to take this one 6-4 with an empty netter at the worst, and I am hoping more like 8-2

I think this calls for either a bottle of wine, or a couple nice Crown Royal on the rocks.....

San Jose is having a wonderful time! (*really quite enjoying the recent turn of events)

In unrelated festivities, Our Vancouver Canucks are going to FEAST tonight. I can't get the thought out of my mind, I feel a huge win today over Columbus, and the CDCGML'er in me only hopes there are a lot of fights too, but primarily, I hope we see a bloodbath of goals! Vancouver ought to take this one 6-4 with an empty netter at the worst, and I am hoping more like 8-2

I think this calls for either a bottle of wine, or a couple nice Crown Royal on the rocks.....

Archived