The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Up to 9th place overall and only 2 points behind the division lead! Been a great November with the 5th most points this month!

Keep it up boys let's take over the Southeast!

And Wow, congrats to the Jets only 13 points behind the Sabres, we're only 125 off the Sabres now as well!

:)

I am so looking ahead to December!

San Jose was the third worst team in November, league wide, I am cautiously writing that off to injuries. The reason I can do that, I think, rather than take the blame directly is that despite being 3rd worst in the league for the month, we are 182 points behind the 14th overall team for the month, ergo, the so called 'top half'. So we are 6 points a day behind the 'pack' during a time when our starting goalie, best scoring dman and 2 of our top six forwards were out with various injuries. Can a goalie, a dman and a scoring forward average 6 points a day for a month? I guess that is what December will let me know!

So glad November is about to be behind us..can't wait to see what December brings!

EDIT: Edmonton and Winnipeg both had an outstanding month, and sit poised within 'a game' of Buffalo..its looking like a challenge from two fronts for the leaderboard, as both these Western Conference teams are icing bigger numbers tonight to end the month on a high note. Things just got heated up, in the upper end of the standings....fun fun fun

I am not sure what is going on in Anaheim, its creepy..they should be better than this.

Getzlaf with only 4 goals at the quarter pike? on pace for 15 dang!two games ago he had 13 points in total, way way below his normal pace. Makes me happy that I traded him, but we all know this is temporary, he will come back, so Ottawa need not worry, lol.

Odd, Getzlaf, and Iginla too is way down in his pace this year. On pace for less than half his normal production. Yikes.

Hope this isn't a trend with team leaders.

EDIT: Ovechkin too..on pace for his worst year since joining the NHL, including his rookie year, and Gionta in Montreal, well his captaincy is either a complete mistake or he is a place holder while they figure out who should be the leader...Gionta is on par for his worst season since the lock out.

Washington, Montreal, Calgary and Anaheim: four teams that I thought would be much better this close to the 1/3 way marker.

In fact, I would not be surprised if either the ducks or the canadiens head coaches were not fired soon.

Jaques Martin is hovering at the 56% win mark with ottawa since 2009 and far worse than 50% in playoff games..and it might be time to pack him in as this year even those numbers are about to take a nose dive.

In Anaheim, Randy Carlyle is past his best before date to say the least.

I am not sure what is going on in Anaheim, its creepy..they should be better than this.

Getzlaf with only 4 goals at the quarter pike? on pace for 15 dang!two games ago he had 13 points in total, way way below his normal pace. Makes me happy that I traded him, but we all know this is temporary, he will come back, so Ottawa need not worry, lol.

Odd, Getzlaf, and Iginla too is way down in his pace this year. On pace for less than half his normal production. Yikes.

Hope this isn't a trend with team leaders.

EDIT: Ovechkin too..on pace for his worst year since joining the NHL, including his rookie year, and Gionta in Montreal, well his captaincy is either a complete mistake or he is a place holder while they figure out who should be the leader...Gionta is on par for his worst season since the lock out.

Washington, Montreal, Calgary and Anaheim: four teams that I thought would be much better this close to the 1/3 way marker.

Perhaps the fact the season has just passed the quarter point is as big a factor as any.

Some players have started the season with a hot hand, of those some will cool off, some will disappear, and others will remain producing nicely. Players like Kovalchuk or the Ducks team for example are slow starters and get hot later in the year.

I guess the point is the season is long, we have a long way to go and a lot can happen along the way.

Perhaps the fact the season has just passed the quarter point is as big a factor as any.

Some players have started the season with a hot hand, of those some will cool off, some will disappear, and others will remain producing nicely. Players like Kovalchuk or the Ducks team for example are slow starters and get hot later in the year.

I guess the point is the season is long, we have a long way to go and a lot can happen along the way.

NEWS WIRE:

Breaking news from unconfirmed sources report that the Devils are on the verge of finalizing a couple deals !

One report suggests the Devils have acquired a solid veteran depth forward, while another report is gaining momentum suggesting the Devils have pulled off a Blockbuster deal !

No specifics have been leaked yet, but stay tuned !

NEWS WIRE:

Breaking news from unconfirmed sources report that the Devils are on the verge of finalizing a couple deals !

One report suggests the Devils have acquired a solid veteran depth forward, while another report is gaining momentum suggesting the Devils have pulled off a Blockbuster deal !

No specifics have been leaked yet, but stay tuned !

Archived