The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

blackwildlogo.jpg

1st Star

G Ilya Bryzgalov - 65 pool points in December, stabilizing our goaltending situation and starting to get into his groove.

2nd Star

F Curtis Glencross - has 55 points this month, including 3 goals in the last two games. He has been a leader offensively with the injuries.

3rd Star

D Derek Smith/D Anton Stralman - both considered scrap heap dmen by many to start the season but given the changes on D in Minny, both have stepped up into top 4 roles and have shown their worth. 39 and 37 pool points respectively in December.

The future is bright!

Congratulations to D Brandon Gormley for the honor of wearing an "A" for Canada at the WJC.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL YOU GUYS AND YOUR FAMILIES!

Just another reminder while teams have a few days to address their situation if they need to:

ADJUSTMENT TO CBA

Article 3 Section 1 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement has been amended as follows:

Some adjustments to the team charts will be forthcoming to help with this change.

3.1 – Active Roster Guidelines

Each roster will consist of a full 23 player roster. Teams are limited to a maximum of 14 forwards, 8 defencemen or 2 goaltenders on an active roster at any one time. Teams can request a player be dressed in a different position (i.e: forward playing defence, defenceman playing forward) on an emergency basis, but this will be accepted for no more than a seven day period. Teams can dress any roster at their descretion, within these guidelines, provided that teams keep their players happy as outlined in Article 2 Section 2.

So, in theory....say the Flyers are on a five nights off stretch and then very likely to have Bryzgalov start several in a row...in theory I could assign Bobrovsky to the minors and callup a forward and go with 8 Dmen, 14 Forwards and Reimer in net for 23 dudes. No one would be terribly upset, since Bob is not waiver eligible he wouldnt get claimed...and life would be peachy.

This is just a hypothetical, as I don't have another forward to bring up, but if I did..that would work right?

3.1 – Active Roster Guidelines

Each roster will consist of a full 23 player roster. Teams are limited to a maximum of 14 forwards, 8 defencemen or 2 goaltenders on an active roster at any one time. Teams can request a player be dressed in a different position (i.e: forward playing defence, defenceman playing forward) on an emergency basis, but this will be accepted for no more than a seven day period. Teams can dress any roster at their descretion, within these guidelines, provided that teams keep their players happy as outlined in Article 2 Section 2.

So, in theory....say the Flyers are on a five nights off stretch and then very likely to have Bryzgalov start several in a row...in theory I could assign Bobrovsky to the minors and callup a forward and go with 8 Dmen, 14 Forwards and Reimer in net for 23 dudes. No one would be terribly upset, since Bob is not waiver eligible he wouldnt get claimed...and life would be peachy.

This is just a hypothetical, as I don't have another forward to bring up, but if I did..that would work right?

No. Goaltending roster spots cannot be filled by forwards or defencemen.

Archived