The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

If anyone is interested in our storyline, they should know that last year, i was holding down the 8th and final spot in the western playoff race, the season ended, and I believe I was in 8th.... then the awards were given out, San Jose picked up a bonus 50pts, and took over 8th spot by 7pts....7. Knocked my a$ out of the playoffs---that still stings...

(I hope my recollection is accurate)...

It was Minny that grabbed a playoff spot by virtue of an award. He leapfrogged both you and San Jose and pulled into 7th, bumping the Sharks down to 8th and knocking Dallas out of the playoffs.

The Blues Tonight so far...

damn...michal repik with his first goal but there was no chance to call him up cuz of the roster freeze ..could have really used him :(

Steckel 1 G +1 = 5 PTS

Szczechura 0

MacDonald 0

Weiss 0

Garrison 0

Neil 1 PPG 1 PPA = 8 PTS

Erat 1 G 1 A GWG +2 = 12 PTS

Legwand 1 PPG 1 A 2 PIM = 9 PTS

Wilson 1 PPA 1 A +1 = 9 PTS

Sanford 0

Bogosian 1 A +1 = 7 PTS so far

Iginla 0 so far

Butler +2 = 4 PTS so far

54 PTS*

Minnesota is thrilled to see Anton Stralman break out with a 16 pool point effort tonight. Curtis Glencross with 2 goals already including the potential game winner and Derek Smith keeps chugging along as well. Bobby Butler added the overtime winner and Scott Clemmensen got the OT loss.

A solid night so far in Minnesota as we chase Chicago for 27th place.

Considering the criticism by idea about most improved team, best trade, etc etc etc at the end of the season I find this...weird.

I mean if we can't do best trade how do we do selke? Is Datsyuk heads and Kesler tails? :D

Funny this topic has come up as I've been thinking about revamping the awards lately.

In the past, teams have nominated a player from their team for each award. Then the executive group narrows the field to 3 nominees for each award and holds a discussion and then vote. The Lester B. Pearson award is voted on by the league's GMs in a poll.

Players are considered on the same basis they would be for the NHL awards. It's not just who was the leading points producer for defencemen that would take the Norris, it would be the defenceman that we think, based on the past NHL season, should win the Norris. Same for Selke, Lady Byng, etc.

While the structure will likely remain in that form, I've been thinking about coming up with our own set of awards that might better reflect our fantasy league. As of yet, nothing has been set in stone so until otherwise noted, the old format is still in effect.

Seems a little strange. How do we vote for Selke, Lady Byng and Masterson? How do you have a best "defensive forward" in fantasy hockey where no defensive stats are kept? And what's the difference between the Hart and Lindsay (unless different people will be voting for the in the game).

In fantasy hockey the value of a player is black and white. How many points did that player score. Things like Hart, Norris and Vezina don't really need a vote, since it should be the player with the most fantasy points in each position, no?

The point of the awards is to give the game more realism. Historically, teams with the players that would win these awards perform better than teams that don't (obviously). They have that extra intangible that, over the course of the season, can mean the difference between making the playoffs or not. The awards system is in place to reflect that.

Archived