The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

I am liking the awards, and here is my short take on it:

each team gets to nominate ONE player for a chance to win an award. This gives another dimension to our game. Who do you take a chance on nominating? Obviously if you have the highest point earner you nominate that guy..or the most goalie wins..et cetera..the 'set in stone' awards that go to most points, most wins, et cetera, you would nominate that sure winner. That means you can't nominate anyone else.

So, the field narrows quickly for 'most defensive forward'...will a player with the real life candidate nominate him? will no one nominate for the spot? could you grab it by acclamation just by nominating the only candidate for it?..I think it makes for a whole new level of intrigue in the strategy employed by 'who is nominated'. If I am reading it right, each team only gets one guy to go forward, and there is a long list of possible awards to be nom'd for. So i think its a fun extra. I also think that with 5000 or 6000 points by the end of the year, that the chances of one team knocking another out of 8th place is pretty slim..even though it happened last year, that is not a large enough sample size to say it would happen often. I think that was an anomaly to the statistical chances of it happening. Since 8th and 9th would have to be less than 50 points apart, and then at the same time, ninth would have to win an award where 8th doesn't...odds are against this happening in any random year.

Hrm, scratch all that...I just read C2X say that each team can nominate one player for each award...so my whole take on it was wrong....dang.

Well I still like the awards idea...but maybe yes we need a fantasy league set of award rules.

No brainers are:

highest fantasy point earning Dman

Highest Fantasy point earning forward

highest point winning total goalie

highest combined total point winning goalies on a team for the season

for the more subjective ones we could have a league wide vote after the exec narrows it down to three candidates maybe?

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Western%20Conference%20150x100.jpg

Central Division Standings:

small.pngSt.Louis - 2179

small.pngDetroit - 2152

small.png Nashville - 2040

small.pngChicago - 1530

small.pngColumbus - 1360

Northwest Division Standings:

small.pngWinnipeg - 2399

small.pngEdmonton - 2278

small.pngVancouver - 2148

small.pngCalgary - 2086

small.pngMinnesota - 1518

Pacific Division Standings:

small.pngLos Angeles - 2246

small.pngAnaheim - 2027

small.pngColorado - 1766

small.pngDallas - 1697

small.pngSan Jose - 1682

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Eastern%20Conference%20150x109.jpg

Atlantic Division Standings:

small.pngNY Islanders - 2332

small.pngNew Jersey - 2281

small.pngBoston - 1980

small.pngPhiladelphia - 1826

small.pngNY Rangers - 1704

Northeast Division Standings:

small.pngBuffalo - 2380

small.pngOttawa - 2279

small.pngMontreal - 1957

2ef5pn7.jpgQuebec - 1838

small.png Toronto - 1780

Southeast Division Standings:

small.pngPittsburgh - 2258

small.pngFlorida - 2123

small.pngWashington - 1961

small.pngTampa Bay - 1661

small.pngCarolina - 1469

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Eastern%20Conference%20150x109.jpg

small.pngBuffalo - 2380

small.pngNY Islanders - 2332

small.pngPittsburgh - 2258

small.pngNew Jersey - 2281

small.pngOttawa - 2279

small.pngFlorida - 2123

small.pngBoston - 1980

small.pngWashington - 1961

-----------------------------------------------

small.pngMontreal - 1957

2ef5pn7.jpgQuebec - 1838

small.pngPhiladelphia - 1826

small.png Toronto - 1780

small.pngNY Rangers - 1704

small.pngTampa Bay - 1661

small.pngCarolina - 1469

EDIT: FIxed at 4:20 Montreal was indeed eroneously placed two spots too high.

hey curt,

will you update my roster on spreadsheet and pickup after the freeze?

i´m just curious cuz i made some moves before the roster freeze deadline.

big action again tonight though

fact is 2 big guys are out

michalek is likely to return after the x-mas break

stephen weiss status is unkown

we hope its not that worse

sadly the roster freeze period does not allows us to make some moves and call up michal repik who has allready scored a goal last night...well thats fate

our team is still doing fine though.

the new guys bogosian (26) , wilson (9) and macdonald (5) have allready collected some points for us around the week.

we hope for some more sucess tonight ..so we could sleep better during the x-mas break

Sharks Game Day

Enough of the lazy time, tonight the Sharks are back in black (and orange) with Team Captain Danny Briere, lets hit some points! Adam Burish returns from injury!!!! Green and Michalek now the only two nursing injuries for San Jose. How do i spell relief? D.E.F.E.N......

I'm a little late, but you spelled relief wrong....

Funny this topic has come up as I've been thinking about revamping the awards lately.

In the past, teams have nominated a player from their team for each award. Then the executive group narrows the field to 3 nominees for each award and holds a discussion and then vote. The Lester B. Pearson award is voted on by the league's GMs in a poll.

Players are considered on the same basis they would be for the NHL awards. It's not just who was the leading points producer for defencemen that would take the Norris, it would be the defenceman that we think, based on the past NHL season, should win the Norris. Same for Selke, Lady Byng, etc.

While the structure will likely remain in that form, I've been thinking about coming up with our own set of awards that might better reflect our fantasy league. As of yet, nothing has been set in stone so until otherwise noted, the old format is still in effect.

hey curt,

will you update my roster on spreadsheet and pickup after the freeze?

i´m just curious cuz i made some moves before the roster freeze deadline.

big action again tonight though

fact is 2 big guys are out

michalek is likely to return after the x-mas break

stephen weiss status is unkown

we hope its not that worse

sadly the roster freeze period does not allows us to make some moves and call up michal repik who has allready scored a goal last night...well thats fate

our team is still doing fine though.

the new guys bogosian (26) , wilson (9) and macdonald (5) have allready collected some points for us around the week.

we hope for some more sucess tonight ..so we could sleep better during the x-mas break

Funny this topic has come up as I've been thinking about revamping the awards lately.

In the past, teams have nominated a player from their team for each award. Then the executive group narrows the field to 3 nominees for each award and holds a discussion and then vote. The Lester B. Pearson award is voted on by the league's GMs in a poll.

Players are considered on the same basis they would be for the NHL awards. It's not just who was the leading points producer for defencemen that would take the Norris, it would be the defenceman that we think, based on the past NHL season, should win the Norris. Same for Selke, Lady Byng, etc.

While the structure will likely remain in that form, I've been thinking about coming up with our own set of awards that might better reflect our fantasy league. As of yet, nothing has been set in stone so until otherwise noted, the old format is still in effect.

From the Shark Tank

*News Flash*

NEW YORK -- Just when you think the San Jose Sharks can't suffer another injury to one of their key players, Danny Briere joins the list of the walking wounded.

Briere, who has 10 goals and 25 points this season, will not be in the lineup tonight against the New York Rangers due to a bruised hand he suffered during Wednesday's game against the Dallas Stars. Sharks GM, Primal Optimist announced Friday that the speedy forward is day-to-day.

With the loss of Team Captain Danny Briere for the evening, The team will ice three alternate Captains: Salo with a C, Spezza A and Sullivan A

Tonight's Lineup

Sullivan8p, Spezza0p, Morrison,

Burish2p, Regin+IR, Sturmpress box

Thornton5p

Salo Morris

Tallinderpress box Brodie2p

Michalek

Reimer10p

Bobrovsky0p

Game Time Decision

Green, Briere

Archived