Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13431 replies to this topic

#2701 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

I was just watching The Jets play the Sharks, and I'm really liking the Jets away "white" jersey. They look really good out on the ice. I think I'm changing my "awful" vote to somewhere between "Meh" and "Love them". lol

I liked them before but seeing them on the ice I think they really look sharp.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2702 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

Mike and the New Jersey Devils are in the very small club of elite teams in this league (I can think of 5)... He has built and worked the roster to create a hell of a mean team, and they will do very well this year. Anyone who criticizes him better have a team of similar stature before they even open their mouths.

Anyone know a guy named Mike Keenan? How bout a guy named Brian Burke? Were they known for being popular and nice?

If a player won`t play for NJ because the GM has some mercenary tactics at times, that`s fine. There are just as many players who like to win.

I agree with Squeak... Have fun poking at guys, but keep your critiques to yourself... undoubtedly, you WILL be next. Respect is paramount.

Besides, nobody gets to bug Mikey till I take him down in the first round come April Posted Image. BOOM.
1B8D62B3-1D64-4FF9-B4CE-FC70EC93491F.jpg

#2703 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

I don't ask questions... I'm too cocky. :P

REPORT: The Isles have shipped out a top line winger and some depth for a couple of players that could alter the face of the franchise.

Hmmmm....

:P

I hope a certain trade will be posted soon so I can post my new line-up. :)

OkLUND:

I am hearing that Patrick Sharp is on his way to Detroit, I believe it is Seguin and Rask heading to Long Island!

The Isles are obviously in complete panic at the thought of having to play Crosby in the 1st round so they had to go out and get a decent goalie to try to limit the damage.

[O5]

Edited by OurTimeToShine, 12 September 2011 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#2704 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

I liked them before but seeing them on the ice I think they really look sharp.

You know that's not their real away jerseys right? They are their practice jersey.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#2705 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

Mike and the New Jersey Devils are in the very small club of elite teams in this league (I can think of 5)... He has built and worked the roster to create a hell of a mean team, and they will do very well this year. Anyone who criticizes him better have a team of similar stature before they even open their mouths.

Anyone know a guy named Mike Keenan? How bout a guy named Brian Burke? Were they known for being popular and nice?

If a player won`t play for NJ because the GM has some mercenary tactics at times, that`s fine. There are just as many players who like to win.

I agree with Squeak... Have fun poking at guys, but keep your critiques to yourself... undoubtedly, you WILL be next. Respect is paramount.

Besides, nobody gets to bug Mikey till I take him down in the first round come April except the team that has taken him down two years in a row. Posted Image. BOOM.

FTFY. They're my b!tch.

FYI, trading for and then trading a player quickly again affects a GM's standing exactly this amount in my books - 0

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#2706 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

SIGNING: The Dallas Stars have signed F JP Dumont to a 2 year, $2.5 million contract ($1.25 million per season).

#2707 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

SIGNING: The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed G Martin Biron to a 2 year, $3.0 million contract ($1.5 million per season).

#2708 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have signed D Teemu Laakso to a 3 year, $2.7 million contract ($900,000 per season).

#2709 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

FTFY. They're my b!tch.

FYI, trading for and then trading a player quickly again affects a GM's standing exactly this amount in my books - 0

Yeah, you just keep watchin Mike, once I douce the devils, I`m comin for you Posted Image. Your Islanders are gonna feel like their stuck in an episode of Lost Posted Image.

#2710 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

SIGNING: The Los Angeles Kings have signed F Matin St. Louis to a 3 year, $21.0 million contract ($7.0 million per season) with a full NMC.

#2711 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

SIGNING: The Dallas Stars have signed F JP Dumont to a 2 year, $2.5 million contract ($1.25 million per season).

Great signing.

#2712 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed F Ben Smith to a 3 year, $2.775 million contract ($925,000 per season).

#2713 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:38 PM

SIGNING: The Buffalo Sabres have signed F Nick Johnson to a 3 year, $1.8 million contract ($600,000 per season).

#2714 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

FTFY. They're my b!tch.

Always with the minuses, eh?

No one appreciates my sense of humour? :shock:

Yeah, you just keep watchin Mike, once I douce the devils, I`m comin for you Posted Image. Your Islanders are gonna feel like their stuck in an episode of Lost Posted Image.

Don't you have 2 English degrees or something?

Edited by theminister, 13 September 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#2715 Aixtek

Aixtek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

The minuses aren't because of your sense of humor... they're cause we're like crack fiends... once you've given us a taste of a SIGNING or TRADE we need more and wont stand for delays just so you can be funny :P

#2716 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

The minuses aren't because of your sense of humor... they're cause we're like crack fiends... once you've given us a taste of a SIGNING or TRADE we need more and wont stand for delays just so you can be funny :P

Or apparently Not Funny as the case may be.

I find the irony that defending my chief divisional rival, who has a completely different GMing style of mine, results in me getting minused. It's the little things like that in life which give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :rolleyes:

Edited by theminister, 13 September 2011 - 12:13 AM.

#2717 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

Always with the minuses, eh?

No one appreciates my sense of humour? :shock:

Don't you have 2 English degrees or something?

Touche

#2718 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:40 AM

QUESTION TO THE AGENTS + OTHER GM'S OF INTERESTED ON HAVING AN INPUT:

DO YOU THINK THERE SHOULD BE A MINOR LEAGUE IR IMPLEMENTED?

I brought this up last year after Stalock was out for the season last year, and was wondering what other GMs thought. If a minor league player on a minor league team was out for an extended period of time, isn't there an IR system in place for those teams too?

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#2719 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:52 AM

I brought this up last year after Stalock was out for the season last year, and was wondering what other GMs thought. If a minor league player on a minor league team was out for an extended period of time, isn't there an IR system in place for those teams too?

Well, conceivably I could do it but there were two road blocks when I looked into it last year.

1. It's tough to track because not all of the leagues report the same way. The CHL is notoriously difficult to get info about and I can't even imagine tracking the SEL.

2. It's a lot more work for c2x to keep the cap sheets up to date.

I'm not opposed to it but we'd need an agreed upon source(s) and the commish would need to be willing to do the extra work which I'm not sure he has time for.

My biggest concern is that it is a lot of work that will have little effect but that depends on it's usage I suppose.

Edited by theminister, 13 September 2011 - 12:53 AM.

#2720 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

Well, conceivably I could do it but there were two road blocks when I looked into it last year.

1. It's tough to track because not all of the leagues report the same way. The CHL is notoriously difficult to get info about and I can't even imagine tracking the SEL.

2. It's a lot more work for c2x to keep the cap sheets up to date.

I'm not opposed to it but we'd need an agreed upon source(s) and the commish would need to be willing to do the extra work which I'm not sure he has time for.

My biggest concern is that it is a lot of work that will have little effect but that depends on it's usage I suppose.

Well the only time it could potentially be a big factor is if a guy like Stalock was injured for the year, and a team had a limited cap space allocated to the minor league program.

I actually follow the Sharks a tonne, so I had no problem finding information about Stalock, in fact it was almost instant. If the prospects are in the AHL, rotowire covers it as well. I'd say most GM's spend some time following their prospects to track their progress. If it's too much to ask, and the benefits don't outweigh the time it spends to look up prospect informations, then it's a non-issue. But before we totally make it a non-issue, I'd like to see what other GMs feel about it.

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#2721 Aixtek

Aixtek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:32 AM

It would have to be on the GMs to find credible sources for IR, also perhaps make it something that is possibly gained in front office?

#2722 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

Cool idea, I had Hishon and Howden our for large chunks of last year.

Thing is, there is no way i`d bring in someone while another prospect is injured, because there is nowhere to send the overflow player when the injured player returns. This would allow teams to get themselves in some serious force plays on their rosters...

As long as the league doesn`t mind it, I am not opposed, though I don`t think I`ll ever use it.

#2723 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

I like the idea, I can understand in Yoshi's case why it could be useful or at the least in the instance regarding his netminder whom was out for the year. We do have the Minor League teams ( our affiliate teams ) already though for the purpose of developing players or holding AHLers so they do not take up an active roster spot. Meaning they aren't costing us points anyways.

In Yoshi's case again the player was not collecting points to begin with for his team. If the player was called up and potentially making points and there was the injury he could be placed on the NHL team's LTIR rather than being sent down or sent down and placed on a Minors LTIR.

In New Jersey's case last season Dustin Jeffrey was getting his first taste of NHL life as was Alexander Burmistrov. Both were injured and both went to the Atlantic City roster as there was ample budget for the Minor's team. But in both cases the player's could have been placed on LTIR while in New Jersey.

If a team has more flexability with say a few NHL players waivers exempt you could in Yoshi's case last year call up the injured player, send a LTIR request to theminister and create room in your Minors this way albeit temporarily, maybe bring in a temporary player to fill the void.

New Jersey would likely not use the format brought up here by Yoshi. I can see how it could be of interest to try, but I see more work ahead for the League Executives than may be worth in benefits to any team using this system. Some creative GM'ing may be all that is needed.
Posted Image

#2724 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

I resign as GM of the San Jose Sharks. Thanks for the great experience and times. Good luck to everyone.

Posted Image

#2725 Ovechkinator

Ovechkinator

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

I resign as GM of the San Jose Sharks. Thanks for the great experience and times. Good luck to everyone.

Why?

Posted Image

#2726 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Why?

Read his prior posts, there is a theme. Free Agency.
Posted Image

#2727 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

Read his prior posts, there is a theme. Free Agency.

Or....he's just a busy guy and doesn't have time.

Hate to lose him. IMO he was one of the better GM's in the league especially in terms of talking about trades.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2728 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,133 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

its allways a bad thing to lose a gm in such games
hope weŽll find a replacement soon and good luck to venom52

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#2729 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

I'm sorry to hear this. You are a solid GM Venom and you will be missed.

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

CDCGML Montreal Canadiens
flag-nhl-montreal-canadiens_1_1.gif
(Click Above to See Habs Roster in Google Docs)

#2730 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 16,725 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

The league is looking for a new executive. Apply with c2x if you are interested and tell me why you feel you would be a good choice.

Professionalism, dedication, loyalty, and maturity are key aspects we will be looking for.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.