The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Celtic play crap again but win. 2 away wins in a row...

that was unbelievable, probably the most one sided 2-0 loss I have ever seen!!! Makes a change though Scottish teams coming out with the right results in those sorts of games. Congrats on the win. Will have to tighten up considerably for the group stage or it could get nasty...........

that was unbelievable, probably the most one sided 2-0 loss I have ever seen!!! Makes a change though Scottish teams coming out with the right results in those sorts of games. Congrats on the win. Will have to tighten up considerably for the group stage or it could get nasty...........

What's funny is that it could have ended up 3 or 4 nil. Hopefully Wanyama back next week will help steady the midfield.

I watched the Celtic game for 5mins, and Helsingborgs had two clear 1-on1s. They are shocking.

And yet we're one solid game away from the group stage of the CL and a huge paycheck... I was hopeful before the season started but I'm surprised at how the results have gone. Still, musn't get complacent. Still 90 minutes to play.

Man, I miss Fat Ronaldo.

Truce then :lol:

I'm not anti-United - I'm anti-everyone. I hate City. Spurs. Arsenal. Newcastle. Sunderland. West Ham. QPR. Everyone. Bar Albion, Walsall, Kidderminster, and cheering on the Belgians on an individual basis :)

I think a 'world class' player is one that would get into any team in the world. I always preferred Seaman to Schmeichel, Maldini to Stam, Figo to Giggs, Fat Ronaldo to Cantona, Shevchenko to Ruud. But Ronaldo has no equals bar Messi. He was a phenom at United. The rest were all outstanding players, but in my view of 'world class', all fall just short.

I love Fellaini's hair.

When I first got into the sport, and I mean "got into it," beyond casual appreciation, Figo was my favourite player by far. Didn't care much for his clubs, but I really admired the way he played. Could watch him play all day long.

Rivaldo too, before that 2002 embarrassment.

Way less than Man U gets at Old T.

So Eden Hazard has 5 assists in two games. Looking good!

Check your stats LuonGO, then we will chat

Hazard does look good but they have only played Wigan and Reading, neither of whom have much of a midfield, a bit like he is used to playing against in France. Lets see what he is like against teams that can shut him down and are not afraid of puting their foot in.......he does seem to go down like Drogba!!! Didnt do much against City in the Community Sheild

It is too bad they have to pay debts with the cheque that Celtic already got from selling Ki. Still a good turn around for a guy that probably would've walked for free after his contract was up. I like the sell on clause too. I hope we finish the swedes off in Glasgow and can pay off what debt it left. As bad as Celtic were against Helsingborg, they couldn't score and Foster was good when they did hit the net. Celtic could've buried a few more. The game could've been 4-3 for either side tbh.

I really enjoyed the first City league game of the year too. Back to back comeback wins in the league now. :towel:

Hazard does look good but they have only played Wigan and Reading, neither of whom have much of a midfield...Lets see what he is like against teams that can shut him down and are not afraid of puting their foot in...

I didn't see last night's game, but Hazard got an absolute battering off of Wigan at the weekend. They kicked him, barged him, pushed, jostled, tripped...and he kept on going. I think he'll be fine.

My father in law and wife are both Yids, so I really hope my Baggies can get 3 points at the Lane this weekend :)

It is too bad they have to pay debts with the cheque that Celtic already got from selling Ki. Still a good turn around for a guy that probably would've walked for free after his contract was up. I like the sell on clause too. I hope we finish the swedes off in Glasgow and can pay off what debt it left. As bad as Celtic were against Helsingborg, they couldn't score and Foster was good when they did hit the net. Celtic could've buried a few more. The game could've been 4-3 for either side tbh.

I really enjoyed the first City league game of the year too. Back to back comeback wins in the league now. :towel:

At least it means we'll be relatively debt free. IF we beat Helsingborg next week then we can use that money for transfers. Although they're cutting it fine with the transfer deadline being just 2 days (?) later.

Is it just me or does Vidic look a lot smaller these days. Yeah he's got hair but he just doesn't look like that beastly, tank defender anymore. Thought it was a fullback when I saw him on Monday.

Little bit random but this thread has been quiet.

Is it just me or does Vidic look a lot smaller these days. Yeah he's got hair but he just doesn't look like that beastly, tank defender anymore. Thought it was a fullback when I saw him on Monday.

Little bit random but this thread has been quiet.

The thread's been pretty quiet since the sub forums were created. For a while it was just me and top babas (I can't get this to change - stupid iPod autocorrect haha) talking about Scottish football.

I should set up a multi league fantasy game. EPL, Serie A and La Liga all rolled into one.

The thread's been pretty quiet since the sub forums were created. For a while it was just me and top babas (I can't get this to change - stupid iPod autocorrect haha) talking about Scottish football.

I should set up a multi league fantasy game. EPL, Serie A and La Liga all rolled into one.

:lol: Top Babas....quality!!

Agreed though, this thread is like a 3, sometimes 4 way discussion most of the time

As you are a bigger follower of German football than me, thoughts?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/8014639/Hoops-make-Otsu-move

and have you heard anything about Lomas at St Johnstone? A pal in Aberdeen tells me that there are some whispers of his "sexual behaviour" being investigated by the local constabulary

As you are a bigger follower of German football than me, thoughts?

http://www1.skysport...-make-Otsu-move

and have you heard anything about Lomas at St Johnstone? A pal in Aberdeen tells me that there are some whispers of his "sexual behaviour" being investigated by the local constabulary

I'm not sure about Otsu. He was good at the Olympics but he only featured as a substitute for Monchengladbach a couple of times. Lennon says he likes him as a player but nothing has been agreed upon and there likely won't be any signings until next week. A lot of Celtic fans won't be happy if the board pockets CL money (IF they qualify) and don't spend a thing. Especially with the ever growing injury list.

I heard rumours about him doing something on Twitter, but I haven't seen any details on what that was?