The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Here's the question now, Scottish... Bank it and work on debt or make a signing or two? Debt was around $7M in February. Would you pay it off?

:towel::canucks:

Debt will be paid off with the Ki sale for the most part. There should be room for a few additions in the next couple of days. I saw us being linked with Del Piero earlier. Old, but he's still got it.

Could Celtic FC have received a worse draw than they did for CL Group Play? Holy sh!t! :shock:

Barca? Benfica? Moscow Spartak? Can you say, "Group Of Death"? Maybe Man City or Juve from Pot C might have been worse, but, my God!

Still... Go, Hoops!

Could've been worse, could've been better. I think we could sneak 3rd place. Don't think we'll qualify, but you never know. Miracles happen.

Sooooooooo, so lucky to be going through. Trying to play keep-ball for 90 minutes doesn't work very often, as we just saw. An absolute garbage match by Liverpool with a non-garbage squad.

If not for some heroics by Suarez, it's extra time and then, who knows? Absolute howler by Reina. Barely touched the ball all match and then fumbles it over the line. At least he didn't knock it on, eh?

Play like this against Arsenal at the weekend and they'll get slaughtered.

Turn the page and move on...

Newcastle through to next stage, too.

Carroll signs season long loan with West Ham who will cover his 80 000 pound / week salary, no doubt.

doh.. have the newcastle game on right now.. well... I guess I expected them to progress anyway. Too bad in the hearts game, yeah that was rank keeping by pepe. I always go for the Scotland clubs in europe for obvious reasons. Kenny called up for Scotland next month so I hope it gets em going for the caps. I wonder if Forster is gonna get the callup for england.

doh.. have the newcastle game on right now.. well... I guess I expected them to progress anyway. Too bad in the hearts game, yeah that was rank keeping by pepe. I always go for the Scotland clubs in europe for obvious reasons. Kenny called up for Scotland next month so I hope it gets em going for the caps. I wonder if Forster is gonna get the callup for england.

Sorry, bobb. Didn't mean to "spill the beans", dude.

I cheer for the Scottish Clubs, too, especially Celtic. I got into the Hoops when I played for Dunbar Stongs in Vancouver. Our kit was the same as their seconds at the time... Green and Black vertical stripes. Henrik Larsson is my favorite all time Celtic player. Hope Kenny uses his call up as motivation to help the 'Caps playoff run.

Tough draw for Chelsea, got a bad feeling about this one. With the transfer deadline, need to make a push to get one more striker to go forth with the league and Champions League as I'am not sold on Torres having turned a corner and carrying the entire load. Here are my predictions for the CL Group Stage of 1-2 finish:

Group A: Porto, PSG

Group B: Schalke, Arsenal

Group C: Milan, Zenit

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City

Group E: Juventus, Chelsea

Group F: Bayern, Lille

Group G, Barcelona, Spartak Moscow

Group H: Manchester United, Galatasaray

Garbage Bolton put on a huge price tag for Lee. Now you've got a 10 million guy wasting away in the second tier. He re-signed with them right before relegation.

Can anyone explain why players would do that?

Job security I'd imagine - he'd just come off a career-threatening injury, and probably had a good deal on the table. He's quite a player so, after getting fit and dominating the Championship, he'll get considerable interest in him.

And after the Dingles got £15m for Fletcher, I think £10m for Lee is a bargain!

Job security I'd imagine - he'd just come off a career-threatening injury, and probably had a good deal on the table. He's quite a player so, after getting fit and dominating the Championship, he'll get considerable interest in him.

And after the Dingles got £15m for Fletcher, I think £10m for Lee is a bargain!

But isn't today the deadline for transfers?

Great result for Albion. We have made some incredible moves this window - Foster, Yacob, Lukaku, El Ghanassy - and we have our best start to a top flight season in 34 years, despite playing 3 Top 8 teams :)

My parents are quite good friends with Jonas Olsson - they went out for dinner last week - and we know both how good he is, and how lucky we are to have him. But he's in thelast year of his deal, and Harry wanted him at Spurs before he got sacked...Jonas will move on sooner rather than later, and to a good club.

Boing boing :lol:

I see everyone else finds the international break boring as well...

What do you guys think of Owen to Stoke? I doubt he'll ever start a game, maybe get half a dozen sub apps, but I think he won't make any impact there.

I like the International Break if its Qualifiers being played. Friendlies? Not so much.

Too many players ahead of Owen on the City squad... Crouchy, Walters, Jones... Where does he slot in. I agree, Azzy. He'll sub in a few times but won't start regularly, for sure.

Strange signing.

Edited by Hugemanskost

I see everyone else finds the international break boring as well...

What do you guys think of Owen to Stoke? I doubt he'll ever start a game, maybe get half a dozen sub apps, but I think he won't make any impact there.

At this point, it's all about the pay cheque for Michael Owen. Whether it's to feed his gambling habits or payoff the gambling debts