The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I ain't even mad, real good season. We're going to have to improve our play in Europe if we want to be a top, top club like Barca, BM, and Bayern.

I really hope Cuadrado doesn't become Schurrle 2.0, would love to see him do some damage on the right side.

Time to raid Atleti again

Flew over to see Gerrard play once at Anfield before he left for LA. Saw this last goal at Anfield barring anything crazy happening, was unreal to be at the stadium.

Hopefully he comes and plays against the Caps if not I'll have to fly to LA/drive to Seattle to catch a game.

I ain't even mad, real good season. We're going to have to improve our play in Europe if we want to be a top, top club like Barca, BM, and Bayern.

I really hope Cuadrado doesn't become Schurrle 2.0, would love to see him do some damage on the right side.

Time to raid Atleti again

Cuadrado has only played something like 250 minutes since January.

He will have the summer to acclimate to his teammates and hopefully will be effective next year.

If he fails that he will be off in January.

My ideal summer transfers go something like this:

Costa

Hazard - Fabregas - Griezmann

Koke - Matic

Azpilicueta - Terry - Miranda - Ivanovic

Courtois

Likely to be sold are Cech, Ramires, Mikel, Felipe Luis.

Bring in Rob Green from QPR as a 2nd choice keeper, should be cheap and is home grown.

Flew over to see Gerrard play once at Anfield before he left for LA. Saw this last goal at Anfield barring anything crazy happening, was unreal to be at the stadium.

Hopefully he comes and plays against the Caps if not I'll have to fly to LA/drive to Seattle to catch a game.

Any other Liverpool fans here? You folks must be depressed as hell.

Miranda is 30, no thank you.

Varane, Laporte, Marquinhos, Stones, Inigo, Ginter.

Target young centerbacks.

Cahill is not cut out to be a round of 16 champions league CB. Need to go after a young guy soon.

Miranda is 30, no thank you.

Varane, Laporte, Marquinhos, Stones, Inigo, Ginter.

Target young centerbacks.

Cahill is not cut out to be a round of 16 champions league CB. Need to go after a young guy soon.

Stones, Inigo, and Ginter are not of first team quality, may as well just use Zouma.

Real will not sell Varane and PSG will not sell Marquinhos.

Laporte is the only real option here. I say Miranda because he should be cheap and good for 2 years until Zouma is ready. He will be low cost and allows us to spend bigger on other positions of need.

Depending on your definition of cheap, we'll disagree. I know Real and PSG won't sell those guys. They are the two best young CB's in the game.

I just think we need to be the team waiting for the next young CB available. Laporte is a very realistic target, but I don't think Mourinho believes that we need a defender better than Cahill (which is scary to think of)

Bartra is also available according to reports.

Depending on your definition of cheap, we'll disagree. I know Real and PSG won't sell those guys. They are the two best young CB's in the game.

I just think we need to be the team waiting for the next young CB available. Laporte is a very realistic target, but I don't think Mourinho believes that we need a defender better than Cahill (which is scary to think of)

Bartra is also available according to reports.

Cahill is fine when shielded by Terry, I'm just concerned Terry will decline in the coming years.

• Upvote 1

Cahill is fine when shielded by Terry, I'm just concerned Terry will decline in the coming years.

Terry will decline, it's inevitable. It's not like this is the Canucks where our core is cup material and will never age because every player is Jagr and Chelios.

But, Zouma is the plan for Terry. Zouma will rise slowly as Terry falls back. Zouma is only twenty. He has plenty of time.

Cahill will get exposed in the CL. Guarantee it.

Terry will decline, it's inevitable. It's not like this is the Canucks where our core is cup material and will never age because every player is Jagr and Chelios.

But, Zouma is the plan for Terry. Zouma will rise slowly as Terry falls back. Zouma is only twenty. He has plenty of time.

Cahill will get exposed in the CL. Guarantee it.

Hopefully his decline isn't as horrific as Slippy G's.

The guy is probably a liability in the MLS at this stage.

According to reports in England and Holland. United are targeting Cillisen(sp) from Ajax for 25m£ to replace De Gea.

I really hope this is a joke, he is not the quality of keeper we should be going for. Leno, Lloris, or Cech are who we should be going for. Hell I would us rather keep the money and play Valdes.

Edited by I R Baboon

Acorrding to reports in England and Holland. United are targeting Cillisen(sp) from Ajax for 25m£ to replace De Gea.

I really hope this is a joke, he is not the quality of keeper we should be going for. Leno, Lloris, or Cech are who we should be going for. Hell I would us rather keep the money and play Valdes.

LvG loves his dutch guys tbh.

Actually a fan of Cillessen.

Just think that that Lloris and Leno are the two best targets for United

I have no problem with him but I think hes a Swansea level typer of keeper. This just feels like going from Ronaldo to Valencia all over again.

• Upvote 1

Even tho I support Chelsea I have a soft spot for Spurs, I really hope that Eriksen, Kane, and Lloris stay and Lamela plays to his potential I would love to see Tottenham in the CL tbh

Even tho I support Chelsea I have a soft spot for Spurs, I really hope that Eriksen, Kane, and Lloris stay and Lamela plays to his potential I would love to see Tottenham in the CL tbh

brutal

brutal

Hey never said it wasn't, but Eriksen is one of my favorite players and would love to see what he could do on a bigger stage.

And despite being our second biggest rival (imo) I see no reason to hate them as they will never come close to us

Also, I'll take a white kit in the CL over a red one that's for sure

Edited by logic