The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

rwZephyr

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why are people complaining about his cap? Nobody wanted Samuelsson anymore, let alone Sturm. We wanted to put Sturm on Waivers, but instead we packaged him along with an aging Samuelsson and got Booth, Reinchrept and a 3rd rounder. What more did you guys want? And dont say Versteeg, another small but skilled player.

Why are people complaining about his cap? Nobody wanted Samuelsson anymore, let alone Sturm. We wanted to put Sturm on Waivers, but instead we packaged him along with an aging Samuelsson and got Booth, Reinchrept and a 3rd rounder. What more did you guys want? And dont say Versteeg, another small but skilled player.

Picking up guys from bad teams?

Higgins anyone? If I recall, he played for Florida before coming here.

Hmmm.

Nobody wanted Lapierre either. Look how he's doing now.

I also seem to recall that our starting goaltender Luongo used to play for the previously crapty team of Florida.

You can't make sweeping generalizations that all players from bad teams have been poor acquisitions. It's really a case-by-case basis and it's too soon to properly evaluate Booth's impact because the guy's played what, 9 games with the Canucks so far?

Nice to see someone else getting the right end of things. Even before Booth started to suck I said he was not what this team needed. In effect the whole top 3 lines are playing musical chairs just to find a fit for him. The outcome of that is that Coho who had found a fit and had been playing well is one of the pawns being moved to accommodate Booth and it has affected his confidence.

This guy has caused more upheaval to this team than Boston imo.

I say again either put him on the 4th till he sorts his game out or as suggested above put him with the Sedins where we can find out if he has anything left at all.

@ Canucks Stink

How are you already saying that he isnt worth his cap hit? He has played 11 games and has notched 7 points and he hasnt hit his stride yet. You cant just assume that he wont find his game. We can say that about so many canucks then, Hamhuis at 4.5 Bieksa at 4.6 Malhotra at 2.5 and Luongo at 5.3. Once Booth gets going he will hit 30 goals EASY. How do you know what Booth will do come playoff time? If he rips it up will you still complain about his cap?

And I never said Booth is better than Versteeg. What I meant is that Booth is a better fit here because he is a power forward, something we desperately need. Versteeg is too small, kinda like Raymond.

How did the "whole top 3 lines" have to move around to make him fit in the lineup? We moved two of our wingers, which left a hole for him to jump into. Sure, they weren't getting top six minutes immediately prior to the trade (it was Higgins - Kesler - Hodgson I think) since Sturm wasn't playing well and was in the bottom six, and Samuelsson was sitting due to injury. But, we had to reshuffle the lines after they were the wingers for Hodgson early on.

Hodgson has been one of our most consistent players right now - apart from the last game - despite having gone from 2nd line center to 2nd line wing to 3rd line center/wing as needed, so I dont see how Booth has affected him. When he's a wing, he plays right side while Booth plays left, and Kesler forced that move, not Booth anyways. They're even on the same line right now, so I'm not sure what you're getting at as that isn't any evidence for why Booth is bad for us.

@ Canucks Stink

How are you already saying that he isnt worth his cap hit? He has played 11 games and has notched 7 points and he hasnt hit his stride yet. You cant just assume that he wont find his game. We can say that about so many canucks then, Hamhuis at 4.5 Bieksa at 4.6 Malhotra at 2.5 and Luongo at 5.3. Once Booth gets going he will hit 30 goals EASY. How do you know what Booth will do come playoff time? If he rips it up will you still complain about his cap?

And I never said Booth is better than Versteeg. What I meant is that Booth is a better fit here because he is a power forward, something we desperately need. Versteeg is too small, kinda like Raymond.

After watching Booth play the last month, he's showing some promise with great bursts of speed but he has yet to get into any of the really dirty areas, I think he can post up the points but you can tell he isn't quite up to the perform level.

Now you gotta remember Steven Reinprecht was essentially dead weight we took on this trade, so if you are Mr Aquilini, do you think the 6.3 Mil you're essentially paying for Booth? (Even if he only gets 4.25 of it)

Despite the goals not going in for him, and his puck handling and pass receiving being a little shaky, I'm pretty happy with Booth. He works hard, skates well, uses his body and gains the zone well. I always feeling like I'm watching Raymond+ when I'm watching Booth.

Archived