274 replies to this topic

#31 Biznow

Biznow

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Do you have an inflated sense of self importance because you have 20000 posts on a hockey forum? What makes you think anyone wants to ask you a question?

Posted Image~Biznow

#32 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

Do you have an inflated sense of self importance because you have 20000 posts on a hockey forum? What makes you think anyone wants to ask you a question?

No, my inflated sense of self importance is so far beyond being limited to having 20,000+ posts on a hockey forum.

And to answer your second question......for the same reason you were compelled to ask me two.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#33 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

What would life be like if there was no television?

307mg00.jpg

#34 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

What would life be like if there was no television?

Productive.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#35 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Productive.

But no nhl,nfl,cfl,mlb, and all the other sports leagues.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#36 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

But no nhl,nfl,cfl,mlb, and all the other sports leagues.

There was an NHL, NFL, CFL, MLB before television.

I wasn't advocating to get rid of television.....just answering the question of what things would be like without it.

#37 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • 7,863 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

I wasn't advocating to get rid of television.....just answering the question of what things would be like without it.

So do you or do you not like television?
Posted Image

#38 The Mircrowave

The Mircrowave

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

Why couldn't I think of a good question to ask you for the last hour?

Posted Image

#39 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

So do you or do you not like television?

I have nothing against television.

I believe the we watch it will drastically change over the next few years and so will the actual television set itself. I'm also quite sure that the content on the internet will replace watching television programming soon too.

#40 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Why couldn't I think of a good question to ask you for the last hour?

Start off with a bad one and work your way up to a good one. The problem is solved and the pressure is off.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 28 November 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#41 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • 7,863 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

Your current avatar is different than the ones you've had before. What's this one supposed to be?

Edited by One one two, 28 November 2011 - 09:57 PM.

Posted Image

#42 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Yes but.....so many teams and leagues have multi million dollar deals with tv stations. They would lose a lot money.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#43 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

I want to invade Micronesia. Nobody will support my requests for funding this invasion.

How do you propose to solve my solution?
Posted Image

#44 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#45 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

Your current avatar is different than the ones you've had before. What's this one supposed to be?

It's the angel of death.

Posted Image

I want to invade Micronesia. Nobody will support my requests for funding this invasion.

How do you propose to solve my solution?

By asking a girl out, getting to know her, showing her you care for her and when the time is right for you both, invading her micronesia instead. I suggest that once the plans are drawn up and the timing is right, you launch a full frontal invasion, keeping some reserves for a rear attack if viable. Make sure you always protect your battle plans with a protective contigency plan on top of your forces main advance and thrust.

Good luck soldier.

He would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

#46 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:29 AM

He would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

WRONG.

The answer to this age old question has perplexed people for eons.

Part of the reason the question is so difficult to answer is that the amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the seasons and with the metabolisms of any individual woodchuck.

Modern internet technology has advanced to the point that we can reliably monitor the amount a woodchuck chucks in real time.

The results of this monitoring are shown below. Please note that the numbers vary due to the dispositions of the woodchucks involved.

http://www.getodd.co.../woodchuck.html

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

#47 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

WRONG.

The answer to this age old question has perplexed people for eons.

Part of the reason the question is so difficult to answer is that the amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the seasons and with the metabolisms of any individual woodchuck.

Modern internet technology has advanced to the point that we can reliably monitor the amount a woodchuck chucks in real time.

The results of this monitoring are shown below. Please note that the numbers vary due to the dispositions of the woodchucks involved.

http://www.getodd.co.../woodchuck.html

Actually I am corrrect, for you did not specify the climate parameters in the question when you asked it, which was reflected in my correct and factual answer taking all climate parameters and no climate parameters into paradoxical account, which, ipso chucko revealed the true and only possible answer as: as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

You should have known that I am seldom wrong, even when it appears that i am incorrect. Appearances can be deceiving.....much like me.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 29 November 2011 - 01:46 AM.

#48 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

Actually I am corrrect, for you did not specify the climate parameters in the question when you asked it, which was reflect in my correct and factual answer taking all climate parameters and no climate parameters into paradoxical account, which, ipso chucko revealed the true and only possible answer as: as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

You should have known that I am seldom wrong, even when it appears that i am incorrect. Appearances can be deceiving.....much like me.

I know, that's why I was giggling like a little girl at the thought of catching you in the act! DAMMIT!!!

Guess I'll just stick to arguing with misinformed conservative hacks of CDC. <_<

Posted Image

#49 Schneider's Teeth

Schneider's Teeth

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:48 AM

I was banned because I asked someone which lubricant they used to assist them in inserting their cranium so deeply into their rectum.

I was unbanned because the site administrator re-thought their decision to ban me.

Was it BB?
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
OVERSIZED SIGNATURE OVERSIZED SIGNATURE

#50 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

Edited by Scorpio Ego, 29 November 2011 - 01:52 AM.

Posted Image

#51 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

Was it BB?

Negative. It was not.

#52 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:10 AM

Are you in a relationship, and if not, what do you look for in a relationship? ("enquiring minds want to know" :D)

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#53 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

Are you in a relationship, and if not, what do you look for in a relationship? ("enquiring minds want to know" :D)

I have freed myself of the shackles and purgatorial nature of a recent relationship for a little while now and so, no, I am not in a relationship currently.

Without getting into everything I look for, allow me to simply just put it like this. I look for someone who can bring out the best in me and allows me to bring out the best in them, without much effort. Smart, saavy, saucy are also qualities that I look for.

I hope that's specific enough and that it answers your question.

#54 daebak!

daebak!

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

Were you with or against troops in Afghanistan? And what is your view on our military an what they do?

Posted Image

안소희 사랑해!

신년을 축하합니다!

Happy New Year!

#55 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

Were you with or against troops in Afghanistan? And what is your view on our military an what they do?

The troops don't pick and choose where they are sent and what mission they are to perform. So for me it wasn't a question whether or not i was with them. I am with them, in the sense that 'being with them' means supporting them, wishing them well, thanking them for their service and sacrifices, and hoping for their safe return. I seperate the troops from the policy makers that send them into battle.

I supported the initial reasoning and mission to Afghanistan. Our neighbour and NATO ally was attacked and as a country we pledged that we would always be there to help them if the cause was just. I believed and still do that ridding the world and Afghanistan of a hostile, militant, and terroristic entity was the right thing to do by those who had the strength and capability to do it. I felt that military action was appropriate at the time and I still do.

I also support bringing all our troops home now. The mission that we sent our men and women to do has long been achieved. There isn't a pressing need for military action by our troops anymore.

What was once a reasonable and required military mission and interdiction is now and should be an international law enforcement mission to root out and and bring to justicve the remaining initial elements that committed the initial crime of attack.

There isn't a military need for our troops to be there anymore.

My view on the military is that it is necessary. A well equipped and trained free standing volunteer army is a necessity for Canada as we move forward because the world is dangerous. I also believe that we should when able and in coordination go back to using our military for purposes of peace-keeping when the needs are dire. I believe that we may not be the biggest kid on the block, but we're tough enough to stand up for ourselves and for those who are weak and can't stand up for themselves. I don't think our army should ever be used to pick fights. I believe they should be used to defend ourselves, first and foremost, and also to defend others who can't defend themselves by foreign aggressors and bullies.

I put my views forward simplistically, although the issue and my thoughts are more complex about internation military interventionism and peackekeeping and the requirements, obligations and commitments we make through treaties and pacts.

I hope this answers your question sufficiently though.

#56 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

I have freed myself of the shackles and purgatorial nature of a recent relationship for a little while now and so, no, I am not in a relationship currently.

Without getting into everything I look for, allow me to simply just put it like this. I look for someone who can bring out the best in me and allows me to bring out the best in them, without much effort. Smart, saavy, saucy are also qualities that I look for.

I hope that's specific enough and that it answers your question.

:lol:

vitriolic and verbose, vexatious and vexing vixen + smart, saavy and saucy = match made in heaven ;)

Thanks for answering Sir.

btw..... If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and would you take your thesaurus with you?

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#57 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

:lol:

vitriolic and verbose, vexatious and vexing vixen + smart, saavy and saucy = match made in heaven ;)

Thanks for answering Sir.

btw..... If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and would you take your thesaurus with you?

I've travelled to many countries (not enough just yet) and I have found one thing to be perfectly clear and true for me:

There's no place like home.

And lastly, yes i would. Words are important. They can move men and mountains.

Edit - "Home" for me being The Greater Vancouver Area and the surrounding area that I can get to within a day's drive.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 29 November 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#58 Kujala

Kujala

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

who is your favorite ice hockey player from Finland?
i need a motivation

#59 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

who is your favorite ice hockey player from Finland?
i need a motivation

My favorite Finnish player is the 'Finnish Flash', Teemu Selanne.

He has literally set the bar and standard for Finnish fowards for the next generation.....maybe two. He's a champion at every level, i think, and is an absolute inspiration at what he's still accomplishing at his current age. Even in his 40's he's still on of the best hockey players playing in the NHL right now.

He is simply an amazing hockey player....and a true sniper from the start of his career until the end. I don't think there is any hockey player ever in the history of the NHL that has been as offencively productive as Teemu at the age of 40. It's crazy.

#60 Bork Laser

Bork Laser

WWE Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hello friend. (Am I allowed to call you that?) Who is your favorite current NHL player that isn't on the Canucks?
Posted Image

Credit to Twilight Sparkle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.