The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Holy Higgins!

Sixteen W's

Thank you Florida! Kes is no longer the Helicopter Line! :frantic:

And to think all it cost this team to get him (and Booth) were Oberg (marginal prospect, since traded to TB), 3rd rounder, (Sturm and Sammy for Booth, and the two guys we gave up were not producing here)

It's also not like this team gave up many quality future assets (i.e. picks/prospects) to get these 2 guys, so even though Florida does have the roster space to get their young guys in soon in the short run it doesn't even hurt this team to give up those 2 declining veterans and Evan (esp. since Booth's proving his worth now and Higgins is just awesome). I'm glad MG brought these 2 guys in!

I liked this guy from the beginning his work ethic is really up there on this team. He uses different plays in different situations that's what I like the most. I remember in the finals he kept getting break aways and tried a different move each time- He never gave up. I think the sedins should learn to change style's according to the situation like this guy cause this season even they are racking up the points they don't look very effective 5 on 5 at times. Forget it I'm complaining to much their up there in scoring. Higgins has the speed, hands and ethic to do well here. Unfortunately MG only signed him for the next two year contract and we all know what that means..... MG is using this guy as a rental I hope he changes MG's mind with a 20-40 goal season.

I did a search on the forums, and(weirdly) didn't find a thread dedicated to this guy. If there's one already he deserves another.

He's been one of our most consistent players all season, and I'm finding myself increasingly impressed with many parts of his game.

It's hard to believe he's only cost us a third round pick.

I know there's a fuss about Booth's game coming together (which is great), but wow, Higgins is great too.

Burrows is clearly not a top 6 forward. He has the opportunity to play with the Sedins where he can rack up some points. Without the Sedins, he would be at most on a 3rd line.

Not trying to bash Higgins here, but I'm just giving some stats where he played 26 games with only 17 points. That's all I said. I don't know why are people getting so upset.

Daniel (80-95 pts) - Henrik (80-95 pts) - Burrows (55-65 pts)

Higgins (50-60 pts) - Kesler (60-75 pts) - Booth (50-65 pts)

Raymond (30-45 pts) - Hodgson (30-40 pts) - Hansen (30-40 pts)

Malhotra (15-25 pts) - Lapierre (20-30 pts) - ???

^^^

Just my projections...we've got some ludicrous offensive depth. And that's not even including our blue line, which has Edler, Hamhuis, and Salo all on pace for 40+ points.

What I love is that each of our lines have two-way potential.

P.S. Higgins is freaking awesome :D

Guest gumballthechewy

This man is fun to watch whenever he gets on the Ice, his skill, his speed, his determination, and the production of his line always brings you on the edge of your seat.

Burrows is clearly not a top 6 forward. He has the opportunity to play with the Sedins where he can rack up some points. Without the Sedins, he would be at most on a 3rd line.

Not trying to bash Higgins here, but I'm just giving some stats where he played 26 games with only 17 points. That's all I said. I don't know why are people getting so upset.

• 5 months later...

Booth has 12 points in 18 games.

Higgins has 17 points in 26 games.

Kesler has 16 points in 21 games.

Higgins is on pace for 54 points (25 goals).

Booth is on pace for a 55 point season (23 goals).

Kesler is on pace for 62 points (20 goals) with a slow start.

Look how that turned out lol

That's a pretty decent line. The only problem in our lineup is the lack of 30 goal scorers. Right now we have Daniel and Burrows who are the only ones who may scrape the 30-goal-mark, but we have at least 7 20-goal-scorers.

Archived