The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bleacher Report: Ryan Kesler should be captain

Scorevat

403 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I stopped reading after the title, I was just curious to see what the responses were. Pro-tip don't post anything from the bleacher report or trade rumours from that moron Eklund if you don't want to get flamed (unless you are making fun of them). Stripping the C from Henrik would cause the team to fail so yeah it's a moron idea thought up by a moron.

Neither Hank or Kesler are deserving of being captains. When I think of a captain, I think of a guy like Trevor Linden, Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer and I know I'll get blasted for this one, but Zdeno Chara.

I love Hank. He works hard and is good with his teammates and infront of the cameras, but the only reason he has the C is due to the fact that the Canucks have no one else worthy of being a captain.

Kesler does not possess the leadership skills to be captain. He definitely leads by example with his work ethic, however a guy who complains and dives as much as he does, does not deserve the C. An A, yes.

I think the closest thing the canucks have to a captain coming up in system is Cody Hodgson. He kind of reminds me of Linden. However, I could also be in a Linden withdrawal.

• 2 months later...

Not a necrobump

I'm trying not to start new threads to clog up the forum even more!

To those who think Kesler should be captain, here's a tweet from CTV's Perry Solkowski

Won't see a lot of post game clips from Kesler. He didn't come out to talk. Leadership and accountability? Nope. #canucks

btw, I'm not hating on Kesler the player. Just the leader :)

I want a leader in the room and on the bench. Not a leader that strength is dealing with the press.

Maybe Kes hates losing and needs some time to get over it.

Do you prefer a captain that is eliminated from the playoffs and quickly runs out to meet the press with a big smile on his face.

Lay off Kes, he is a warrior and the best 2 way player on our team.

His 43-goal season was obviously inflated because of the number of lucky tip-ins and empty netters that he got. You can't really count on tip-ins to carry you through 4 rounds. The one against San Jose was a fluke, just like at least 10 of his goals last year. Should have traded him while his value was high.

I want a leader in the room and on the bench. Not a leader that strength is dealing with the press.

Maybe Kes hates losing and needs some time to get over it.

Do you prefer a captain that is eliminated from the playoffs and quickly runs out to meet the press with a big smile on his face.

Lay off Kes, he is a warrior and the best 2 way player on our team.

Archived