663 replies to this topic

#481 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Really? So you weren't watching when he set up Higgins in the slot for the Canucks' first scoring chance of the game?

BTW: If you want your opinions to be taken seriously, you really should know the difference between "patients" and "patience"...

No doubt. Glorious chance.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#482 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

I agree with this logic... Don't move him for the sake of moving him, but if it parlays into a sandpaper top 6-9 forward or a depth D man, then get it done... I've said previously that Mase is a good third line checker and a solid PK'er but he doesn't suit a physical type game which rules out him as a fourth line player... He's kinda pigeon holed into a third line winger that plays 9-10 mins per game plus his PK duties...

This

#483 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,012 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

To re-quote a phrase .. "statistics are for losers" .. they are also for debaters, as stats can be twisted to support, or undermine, any position taken .. some things are obvious despite any statistics thrown into the equation .. the "obvious" enters into the realm of "opinion", and all of us are free to express ours any way we want, short of belittling others .. B)

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#484 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,564 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

I think its actually you that keeps flip flopping and grasping at straws buddy.

If there's one thing I've learned in my time on CDC, it's the first to use 'buddy' condescendingly has already lost the argument.

#485 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

If there's one thing I've learned in my time on CDC, it's the first to use 'buddy' condescendingly has already lost the argument.

I guess this time is the exception then.

#486 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

So I guess that your personal agenda holds more weight than potentially improving the team... Some fan you are Bodee...

What a giveaway.

You have absolutely confirmed what I have suspected about the "hate brigade"
"THEY ACTUALLY THINK THEIR RAVINGS CARRY SOME WEIGHT WITH WHAT THE CLUB WILL DO"

I don't, I also never said that some fanciful trade would improve on Raymond, that's your bag. I have no agenda, as you laughingly call it because an agenda implies some kind of self achievable outcome.

That is also your delusion not mine.

Why don't all you so called fans agree to meet up somewhere and join hands while reciting some kind of "please trade Raymond" mantra. You never know, it might work. If it proves successful you could make it a monthly thing with a new whipping boy each time.
By my calculation you could achieve a completely new roster in a couple of years................but then you would have to start again because as the poster above states "there are no perfect players" only your flavours of the month and as we've seen you people are too fickle to keep the same flavour for too long.
Kevin.jpg

#487 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

You have absolutely confirmed what I have suspected about the "hate brigade"
"THEY ACTUALLY THINK THEIR RAVINGS CARRY SOME WEIGHT WITH WHAT THE CLUB WILL DO"

Why don't all you so called fans agree to meet up somewhere and join hands while reciting some kind of "please trade Raymond" mantra. You never know, it might work. If it proves successful you could make it a monthly thing with a new whipping boy each time.
By my calculation you could achieve a completely new roster in a couple of years................but then you would have to start again because as the poster above states "there are no perfect players" only your flavours of the month and as we've seen you people are too fickle to keep the same flavour for too long.

Yes

#488 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,196 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Raymond scores!!

307mg00.jpg

#489 DoorKnob

DoorKnob

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

OH GOOD FOR RAYMOND. HE SCORED A GOAL SO ALL HIS BROWN NOSERS CAN DIG THIS THREAD UP AND GO SEEE?! WE NEED HIM!

He scored a lucky goal. Doesn't mean he isn't worthless.

#490 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

OH GOOD FOR RAYMOND. HE SCORED A GOAL SO ALL HIS BROWN NOSERS CAN DIG THIS THREAD UP AND GO SEEE?! WE NEED HIM!

Well at least half your name is fitting...

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#491 lexluthor

lexluthor

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Raymond scores!!

Let's give him a contract extension for 10 years at $10 million/year to score one goal every 10 games.

#492 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

and you're a downer, you're probably thinking: "Doesn't someone wish someone other than Raymond got the GWG?!?" Similarly to what that other moron the other night said about the Hodgson goal

Edited by DoItForRaymond, 24 February 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#493 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

[ :towel:

Edited by DoItForRaymond, 24 February 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#494 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Raymond looked like a defeated man after scoring that goal. He totally knows he's outta here.

#495 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,012 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yep .. MayRay just drove his trade value thru the roof .. ::D

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#496 davebabychisback

davebabychisback

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

I thought Raymond only scored in blowouts?
Posted Image

#497 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Raymond looked like a defeated man after scoring that goal. He totally knows he's outta here.

hahaha yeah, I can't wait for 3:00 PM on Monday to come

#498 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Only because no one has the balls to mention his equally underachieving linemate Kesler,who incidently was on the bench when the 2nd line scored tonight.He was replaced by Hodgeson.Maybe AV will use his brain a bit more and move Kesler off the 2nd line more often.

Nice to see maybe AV read my post and demoted Kesler to the 3rd line.....Could possibly be wrong (NOT ) But I believe once again the 2nd line has improved now the problem has been moved.

#499 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Not as defeated as Kesler looks on the Kesler line(3rd line that is)....

#500 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Broken Back = Paralysis or not. That was 10 months ago. Amazing recovery, got us the GWG tonight. Plays great defensively every night, under the microscope of the World, and you Bums feel the need to criticze him? Try Praising him, if you plan on judging him.
To me, the guy is amazing, just like Kesler. :bigblush:

#501 davebabychisback

davebabychisback

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Broken Back = Paralysis or not. That was 10 months ago. Amazing recovery, got us the GWG tonight. Plays great defensively every night, under the microscope of the World, and you Bums feel the need to criticze him? Try Praising him, if you plan on judging him.
To me, the guy is amazing, just like Kesler. :bigblush:

Meh, gotta take it with a grain of salt, these are the same people who wanted to run Luongo out of town because he had a rough start this year.

I've said it before - the Canucks have some of the most short-sighted fans in history. If you don't believe me, search "Trade Hodgson"
Posted Image

#502 KiwiAd

KiwiAd

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

It is funny how everyone starts the ass kissing because he got the GWG today. He is still terrible:

Step 1:Skate
Step 2:Skate
Step 3: Circle around and not pass
Step 4: Fall down
Step 5: Lose puck
Step 6: Repeat steps 1-5 until traded
Canucks fan all the way in NZ !

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#503 davebabychisback

davebabychisback

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

It is funny how everyone starts the ass kissing because he got the GWG today. He is still terrible:

Step 1:Skate
Step 2:Skate
Step 3: Circle around and not pass
Step 4: Fall down
Step 5: Lose puck
Step 6: Repeat steps 1-5 until traded

Stick to rugby bro.
Posted Image

#504 RAP1990

RAP1990

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

I do not want Raymond. Ive wanted him gone the past couple of years. He is weak on his skates. Lacks vision. Not a great shot. Nothing personal, I feel a change of scenary would benefit everyone. He would probably excel in Calgary, unfortunatly for us we're in the same division so it likely wouldnt happen unless he becomes a UFA.

#505 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Raymond will still be here on Monday, then what haters? Gonna cry some more?

#506 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Raymond will still be here on Monday, then what haters? Gonna cry some more?

He'll still be here cause the 2nd line apart from permanent centre has been revived now with the move of Kesler to the 3rd line. This is not in response to the goal tonight but,the goal BOTH nights without Kes on the line.

Edited by fagin, 24 February 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#507 davebabychisback

davebabychisback

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

He'll still be here cause the 2nd line apart from permanent centre has been revived now with the move of Kesler to the 3rd line.

Kesler will be right back on the 2nd line on Sunday.
Posted Image

#508 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

I am going to put myself out there and make the thread.

Raymond? Do we really want him?

Pros: Fast Skater, Defensively Reliable, Plays PK

Cons: Poor Vision, Doesn't use his team mates, Afraid to go to the net, Weak along the boards, Physically Weak.

Ever since the Canucks upgraded 2nd line wing from Raymond to Booth, I finally see a player that I had hoped Raymond would eventually become. Someone who will utilize his speed to go around the defencemen on the outside and still have the balls to cut hard to the net.

After the acquisition of Booth, we saw a slight improvement in Raymond's play as he was finally going into the tough areas. I was personally hoping that the healthy competition had finally lit a spark under Raymond and he was ready to change his style of play which would be more beneficial to the team.

After many months, I see Raymond's style of play will never change. It is what it is.

Raymond will

1) Go around the defencemen on the outside, circle BEHIND the net and then
a) Pass to the near side d-man
Posted Image Make an ill-advised cross ice pass to the other d-man which will get tipped or intercepted. (The redeeming fact of this error is that Raymond has already circled the net and is skating back up towards the blueline so he has had a head start on the back-check)

2) Raymond will also ALWAYS shoot on a 2-1. The goalie might as well not even worry about the 2nd forward and just play Raymond. Goalie should also make sure he's standing in the middle of the net because the puck is going to hit him in the crest like a bulls-eye

What Mason needs to understand is,

He would be making a million more per season if he

1) Went around the d-man on the outside and then CUT to the net which would lead to drawing a hooking penalty or a goal by him OR creating a rebound chance for Hansen or Coho.
This is what the 2nd line is now doing to create goals with Kes, Higgins and Booth. If Raymond does this, his line will be more productive and he will actually be using his speed in a productive manner.

Now here's the real question. At a modest 2.55M and going into RFA this summer we know exactly what Raymond brings to this team. Is Raymond worth keeping as a 3rd liner for the playoffs on a Cup Contending team or, is someone in the system already more than capable of filling his role and is Raymond expendable in order to acquire additional help or upgrades in other positions?

what does the tiny font indicate?

#509 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Originality...........you really need it

never heard that one before, ironically... (cut and paste?)

#510 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,510 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Raymond has scored three times in the last 25 GP.

To get a GWG today is as good as it gets for Mason right now.

It could not have come at a better time for him or the team.

No matter what happens to him come Monday,this should help his confidence going forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.