The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Naming my son Kesler?

MrCanucks-17

Even if I inserted a joke at the end of my last post, I meant no disrespect. A message board just isn't a very friendly place to come looking for answers to questions as delicate as yours. It's you child and his name alone and many posters here don't have even an ounce of respect towards something like that. My son has his middle name after Alexander Mogilny. And it's Alexander, not Gennadevitch.

That's a lot to think about if you are naming your son Kesler, of course as it is typically a common german last name but usually spelled with "Two S's".

I named my 2nd Great Dane Kesler after the playoffs and picked him up just in time for this season to start, it was cool because his ears were cropped and he was on the sidelines just like the Canucks Kesler for the first 5 games.

Definitely awesome watching him grow because when playoffs come around he should be in beast mode.

But again, naming a dog is much different than your child, I wouldn't simply for the fact that I have a long history that is traced back my centuries and keeping names revolving in first middle and last have given our family a good way of tracing back.

I'm from Seattle and love the Canucks. Of course my favirote player is from the USA, Ryan Kesler. So my wife and I just found out were having a boy around July 4th. Ryan Kesler is my top male role model for his passion, determination, and back checking. What do you all think of naming my son Kesler? I love it, my wife not so much. Just looking for feedback here, and hopefully some ammunition I can use on my wife :) Also, yes I have already though of Bieksa as a first name (LoL)

Mr Canucks #17

Archived