412 replies to this topic

#181 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

very true, and upon further review, his feet didn't leave the ice until he first made contact. i retract my previous statement, clean hit all the way, and a monster one at that.

It's the way a 'big hit' should be.
Posted Image

#182 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

It's really nice to see him playing with some aggression and that assist later in the game was a beauty too. Which is what I like to see, a lot of people don't realize that Kassian has always been more of a pass-first type (which is rare for a power-forward).

Signs of good things to come.

even though he was still a bit of a shaking rookie last year i could see he had alot better vision than i expected. All the scouts and his coaches are saying his passing ability is very underrated.

great news for us as we have a shoot first second line centre like kesler. another good thing is his size and physicality might give kesler a chance to settle down and not try to do too much leading to less injuries.

#183 nzan

nzan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

It's the way a 'big hit' should be.

RIght, and then dropping the gloves on the way up in order to drop the next guy coming at him. Beautiful.

#184 TGokou

TGokou

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

I hope he doesn't become a pass-first player. I don't want another Joe Thorton. Power forwards as most effective when they crash the net and cause goals.

#185 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

I hope he doesn't become a pass-first player. I don't want another Joe Thorton. Power forwards as most effective when they crash the net and cause goals.

Yea Joe Thornton is a bum. Couldn't trade him for a bag of pucks....

STFU NEWB

#186 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

We have a Joe Thornton on our team? I'd be happy if we had a Joe Thornton in our center position....H. Sedin, Thornton, and Kesler down the middle?! Yeah THAT'S a terrible situation to have...

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#187 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Found this the other day on youtube. Sexy pass by Kassian:

EDIT: I see that it has already been posted in this thread, but screw it. It's worth another look.

Edited by Nas19, 15 October 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#188 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Kassian just scored his first goal of the season👍

PP goal: assists to Schroeder and Joslin

👌

Subbancopy.jpg

#189 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Yah really wouldn't want a Joe Thornton...
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#190 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Kassian just scored his first goal of the season��

PP goal: assists to Schroeder and Joslin

��

The beast...HAS AWOKEN! :emot-parrot:
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#191 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Name one power forward in the league that's been more effective than Joe Thornton. Not even Rick Nash can say that lol

#192 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Name one power forward in the league that's been more effective than Joe Thornton. Not even Rick Nash can say that lol

Isnt Jumbo Joe considered more of a big finesse player rather than a powerforward? I would say as a "powerforward" there are tons more effective than Joe. Byfuglien, Backes, Clowe, Lucic. A powerforward is more than getting points. They have to drive the net and be physical. Thornton usually does the opposite.

Subbancopy.jpg

#193 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Of all-time? There's tonnes, so I'm just going to assume that you are talking about right now.

Corey Perry.

And as playboi19 pointed out, Jumbo Joe is not a PF. But if you want to talk Jumbo Joe-type players, Getzlaf, Kopitar and Jagr right now are better than Joe IMO.

Edited by Dasein, 17 October 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#194 TGokou

TGokou

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

LOL I think you guys are missing my point. I'd rather Kassian try to power his way to the net and be a net presence than to just pass like Henrik. Otherwise his size advantage is wasted, and we might as well have another Henrik. Not saying that Thornton isn't a good player but I think we can all agree he's uneffective in the playoffs and I'd prefer Kassian to be more like Lucic, less Thornton in that respect.

#195 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

LOL I think you guys are missing my point. I'd rather Kassian try to power his way to the net and be a net presence than to just pass like Henrik. Otherwise his size advantage is wasted, and we might as well have another Henrik. Not saying that Thornton isn't a good player but I think we can all agree he's uneffective in the playoffs and I'd prefer Kassian to be more like Lucic, less Thornton in that respect.

There's already a big difference between Kassian and Thornton/Sedin. Kassian is a mean person on the ice. He plays the game on the edge where as H.Sedin is even keeled, even if he gets punched.

Subbancopy.jpg

#196 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Good point. Kassian can pass the puck but I want him to go to the net more. In the same vein if Kassian is crashing the net then Schroeder has to shoot.

#197 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

I'm hoping Kassian is hrowing his weight out there hard to tell Witt amateur highlites

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#198 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,953 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

mobile
Posted Image

#199 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm hoping Kassian is hrowing his weight out there hard to tell Witt amateur highlites

He deff is.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#200 Wolf smell

Wolf smell

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Did you see the assist he had the other day? Holding a guy a way from the puck while dishing the puck out front. Not a waste of size at all from what I could see.

#201 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Did you see the assist he had the other day? Holding a guy a way from the puck while dishing the puck out front. Not a waste of size at all from what I could see.

just think if the twins had his size.......
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#202 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

just think if the twins had his size.......

Evgeni Malkin

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#203 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,278 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

kas was in beast mode today, great game from him.

#204 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

what was his goal like? cant find highlights

#205 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,278 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

beauty snipe. he came in on the left hand side, went around the dman near the blue line, and fired it over the goalie's short side. mid cheese.

Edited by avelanch, 19 October 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#206 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Here's a slow-mo replay of his goal. It's the only highlight I can find of it right now.

#207 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,278 posts

nice, i can see myself in the slow mo replay :P

Edited by avelanch, 19 October 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#208 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

awesome thanks guys, ill see you at tomorrows game!

#209 inkorea

inkorea

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

kassian put on a show for the fans tonight. the only thing he sort of does wrong is not focus sometimes. ie.. his line is out there with two minutes left in a 2-2 game and he is concentrating on trying to pick a fight and ignoring the play.

other than that awesome game.

#210 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

His shootout goal totally reminded me of big bert. Just the way he skates and handles the puck.

He's pretty agile for a big guy too.

I liked what I saw tonight. ::D

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.